View Full Version : Do these weights look ok? / and these hand grippers

platinummatt!
02-19-2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3025350.htm

thanks!

Also any info where I can get some hand grippers in uk? Thanks!

Also, these hand grippers?
http://www.handgrippers.co.uk/images/gmallfour200.jpg

I dont know what the difference between these and like captain of crush would be.

eazy_mas
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
alway try to buy something that you could expand more if you thinking of really working out and growing but if you get bored fast then i dont advice you to buy expensive thing.

as for the gripper i was searching for one there is Captian Crush gripper the ultimate gripper.

www.ironmind.com

and there is another website that sells kettlbell and gripper and all the stuff that you want based in britian but it much more expensive. Why ?!?!?!? Why?!?!? in the UK is 2 as expesnise i dont remeber the website

platinummatt!
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeh uk is expensive. Ill probably buy those weights and the captain crush grippers, just wondering what those ones I put the picture of are like though

eazy_mas
02-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeh uk is expensive. Ill probably buy those weights and the captain crush grippers, just wondering what those ones I put the picture of are like though

the captian crusher stuff is one the toughest and there is another one called ivanko crushing grip that has 550 bl and 870 bl

in that uk website i seen it for 19.95 pound and in ironmind it for $19.95

Kid Achilles
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Get the Captions of Crush, those things you posted in the pic are garbage. I have one and a five year old could close it with ease.

platinummatt!
02-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Cool cheers Achillies, Thats what I was worried of. I dont want to shell out ***163;20 and find theyre easy. Good K to you and mas

Chris46
02-19-2007, 11:15 AM
i have hand grippers but hardly ever use them, wat do they do for u?? is ther any significance to them in boxing??

Kid Achilles
02-19-2007, 12:10 PM
For sure, strong hands and fingers are important for any sport but boxing particulary. The tighter you can clench your fists on the moment of impact, the denser the "bullet" you're hitting with.

Strong hands and forearms are a must for any combat sport. Bruce Lee knew this and worked both religiously.

jason100x
02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Get the Captions of Crush, those things you posted in the pic are garbage. I have one and a five year old could close it with ease.

The Captains of Crush grips are excellent. I like how you can get progressively harder ones and the Level 4 grip has only had a few people who have been able to close it.

GR@Y SKIEZ
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
just squeeze the **** outta a regular handball....it works great.

warriorsingh84'
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
i'm interested in getting one of those captains of crush grippers. Which one should I start off with though?? Guide or Sport. Also how long does it take to progress to the next gripper when you start off with your first one??

platinummatt!
02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Im going to get the trainer one. That sounds about right for now. have a look what they say http://www.captainsofcrush.couk.com/

eazy_mas
02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
For sure, strong hands and fingers are important for any sport but boxing particulary. The tighter you can clench your fists on the moment of impact, the denser the "bullet" you're hitting with.

Strong hands and forearms are a must for any combat sport. Bruce Lee knew this and worked both religiously.

exactly.

and you wont break you arms because you have better support some guy punch hard but that reslut in the hand been hurt.

i once tried for a squeeze ball and trained on it a had better grip and could close my hand better in a result i could punch harder on the heavy bag

Darkstar
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Besides the grips, what are some good hand and forearm workouts?

Kid Achilles
02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Go to ironmind.com and click on "John Brookfield's grip tip". You'll see a bunch of fun and challenging training methods there.

Darkstar
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Go to ironmind.com and click on "John Brookfield's grip tip". You'll see a bunch of fun and challenging training methods there.

Thanks bro, all i do now is wrist curls and rev. curls with a EZ curl bar. Those should help.