View Full Version : Alejandro Berrio Departs For Stieglitz Bout

BIGPOPPAPUMP
02-16-2007, 03:22 AM
Pembroke Pines, Florida – The fate of the vacant IBF Super Middleweight Title will be decided Saturday March 3, when Alejandro Berrio 25-4-0, (24 KOs) steps into the ring to face the unbeaten Robert Stieglitz 29-0-0, (19 KOs) in Rostock, Germany. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=7392)]

Ted The Bull
02-25-2007, 07:03 PM
This will be an interesting one fought under the radar. The Columbian can pop or be popped.

phallus
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
i don't know anything about stiglitz but i hope berrio can pull this one off, i've seen him pull off upsets before, he'd make a great IBF champ

rooq
02-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm going to try catch a stream of this. Unless Stieglitz gets ko'd or properly dominated he'll get the decision. An undefeated German losing in Germany in a close fight isn't gonna happen.

But more interestingly, what will happen next?

Seeing as the IBF are probably the strictest of the organisations in terms of making their champions fight mandatories, could this be the quickest route for Lucian Bute or Carl Froch to get a title shot? Or will they give the nod to Jeff Lacy to try reclaim his title?

Either way, with Stieglitz the probable winner, it looks like anyone wanting the title will have to go to Germany.

phallus
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm going to try catch a stream of this. Unless Stieglitz gets ko'd or properly dominated he'll get the decision. An undefeated German losing in Germany in a close fight isn't gonna happen.

But more interestingly, what will happen next?

Seeing as the IBF are probably the strictest of the organisations in terms of making their champions fight mandatories, could this be the quickest route for Lucian Bute or Carl Froch to get a title shot? Or will they give the nod to Jeff Lacy to try reclaim his title?

Either way, with Stieglitz the probable winner, it looks like anyone wanting the title will have to go to Germany.

i hope it's bute.... lacy could get his belt back, if his rotator heals properly... if kessler was smart he'd try to go for the belt, if he could be undisputed at 168 he could force everybody to some to him, but i'd really like to see bute get that strap

Famoso Matador
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Anyone know how this fight is going?

Peder
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
It***180;s not on yet. The undercard fights starts soon

Peder
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
i hope it's bute.... lacy could get his belt back, if his rotator heals properly... if kessler was smart he'd try to go for the belt, if he could be undisputed at 168 he could force everybody to some to him, but i'd really like to see bute get that strap

No doubt the IBF champ will get an offer from Kessler, he allways claims it's his top goal to unify the tittles, but i would be amazed if whoever wins would be ready for a unification fight so soon. That would demand some big balls.

SkunkApe
03-03-2007, 04:54 PM
It´s not on yet. The undercard fights starts soon

Did it start yet? Any updates?

Peder
03-03-2007, 05:09 PM
second udercard fight just started.

Famoso Matador
03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
does anyone know a site where this is being streamed?

Peder
03-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I think it's about to start

rooq
03-03-2007, 05:52 PM
german boxing events always look quite flashy if a little plastic. the mandatory rock band must be coming up...any...second...now.

it should be starting in the next 10 minutes or so though?

i'm in two minds whether to watch this or get some sleep before the hbo / sho cards later

rooq
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
**** it...i'll watch it..its boxing!

ring entrances just about to start...this must be the german guy comin in wearing chainmail over his head...kind of a warrior theme i guess

rooq
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
here comes berrio to some bright carnival music

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:02 PM
i can drop round by round updates if anyone gives a ****...?

SkunkApe
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
i can drop round by round updates if anyone gives a ****...?

I'd love it. Thanks.

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
R1…

Slow start…berrio threw a little more, but steiglitz seems to have a little more purpose and landed the heavier shots. Close round, but I’ll give this one to steiglitz

10 - 9 steiglitz

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
r2...steiglitz throwing combinations..has caught berrio without really hurting him...berrio responds but the german is the one going forward and looking more aggressive...berrio managing to throw counters but isn't really landing cleanly

1: 10 - 9 steiglitz
2: 10 - 9 steiglitz

SkunkApe
03-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Yay! Come on Steiglitz.

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:15 PM
r3...berrio throwing some decent jabs but steiglitz again more aggresive with decent combos...berrio only really throwing combinations on the counter...woah...berrio throws an overhand right out of nowhere and knocks the german down...

Peder
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Nice knockout

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
and then again...its over!!...steiglitz went down again, got up, and berrio continued an attack without reply ending with the ref stepping in

rooq
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
berrio wins the IBF smw title by ko. good win..

SkunkApe
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Dang.......

Famoso Matador
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
FFUUUCCKK!!! i wanted to see this fight :(

Thanks for the round by round buddy

rooq
03-04-2007, 10:20 AM
i just realised (or remembered)...Steiglitz is the guy the IBF wanted Calzaghe to fight!

What a joke that would have been...Joe did the right thing.

dumdane
03-04-2007, 01:42 PM
i just realised (or remembered)...Steiglitz is the guy the IBF wanted Calzaghe to fight!

What a joke that would have been...Joe did the right thing.

So what makes you think Manfredo is any better/any less of a joke?

And Stieglitz was the dominant fighter untill the first KD. Not like he looked like complete garbage throughout the fight.

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM

And Stieglitz was the dominant fighter untill the first KD. Not like he looked like complete garbage throughout the fight.

Don't try and make it sound better for Stieglitz: He was crushed by a fighter who'd lose to every top 10 fighter in the division.

jangeorg
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
No doubt the IBF champ will get an offer from Kessler, he allways claims it's his top goal to unify the tittles, but i would be amazed if whoever wins would be ready for a unification fight so soon. That would demand some big balls.

"We expect Alejandro to make his first defence in May or June" said Wilfried Sauerland. "We have Danilo Haussler, Mads Larsen, Markus Beyer or Vitaly Tsypko but Haussler will get the question first and then we will see. We are open for all possibilities." "If Team Palle wants to do a unification fight with Kessler we are open for offers" said matchmaker Hagen Doering.

This is interesting - Berrio seems to be a very weak champ and I imagine, that Team Palle would be very interested in the third belt for Kessler.

adietheforestfa
03-04-2007, 05:29 PM
"We expect Alejandro to make his first defence in May or June" said Wilfried Sauerland. "We have Danilo Haussler, Mads Larsen, Markus Beyer or Vitaly Tsypko but Haussler will get the question first and then we will see. We are open for all possibilities." "If Team Palle wants to do a unification fight with Kessler we are open for offers" said matchmaker Hagen Doering.

This is interesting - Berrio seems to be a very weak champ and I imagine, that Team Palle would be very interested in the third belt for Kessler.

STFU about Kessler, He is a bummer

dumdane
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM

That's rich from a Froch fan.

jangeorg
03-04-2007, 06:14 PM

A bummer with two worldchamp-belt,Yeah Right :pat: :pat:

rooq
03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
well before the fight the ibf top 5 was...

steiglitz
berrio
bute
lacy
froch

with the ibf being pretty mandatory-happy i'm hoping for an eliminator between bute and froch to become challenger. **** lacy...i think he needs more than a home town decision against a forgettable eastern european to be a challenger again.

adietheforestfa
03-04-2007, 07:48 PM
That's rich from a Froch fan.

Sorry mate, just trying to wind this dickhead up. he likes to give abusive karma.

You will one day soon also be a Froch fan.

Kessler is still a bummer

adietheforestfa
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
A bummer with two worldchamp-belt,Yeah Right :pat: :pat:

Not for long!!! Dont forget that appology you owe me.

The Monk
03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
A Froch vs Bute fight would be a cracker, if its in England i'll definatly try to get to it. Both these two would beat Lacy comfortably, with the winner going on to be world champion in the near future.

adietheforestfa
03-04-2007, 09:09 PM
A Froch vs Bute fight would be a cracker, if its in England i'll definatly try to get to it. Both these two would beat Lacy comfortably, with the winner going on to be world champion in the near future.

THE MONK TALKES SENSE.

If in England it will be at Nottingham Ice Stadium. Awesome venue for Boxing.

Peder
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM

This fight could make the winner mandetory both IBF and WBC challenger.

rooq
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM

he didn't look complete garbage but he wasn't that impressive either..for all the shots he landed in the first 2 rounds berrio didn't look affected.

the manfredo fight is obviously better from a business point of view but thinking about it, joe-steiglitz would have made better viewing then joe-bika. but then again, joe didn't have any intention of fighting bika until after he had already vacated the ibf.

dumdane
03-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't try and make it sound better for Stieglitz: He was crushed by a fighter who'd lose to every top 10 fighter in the division.

The word "crushed" indicates he was dominated by Berrio. That's very far from the truth. In fact it is much more correct to say he was dominating Berrio untill he was caught unaware by a lucky punch and never recovered. Obviously he should have been more carefull. Being dominant for two rounds before getting KO'ed won't do him any good.
But saying Berrio "crushed" Stieglitz just gives a totally wrong idea about what the fight as a whole was like.

Berrio is probably the kind of fighter who'll always have a decent puncher's chance but that's all against top-opposition. Stieglitz managed to remain focussed and beat Berrio once, but failed in their second fight.

Stieglitz despite his loss is clearly the better boxer of the two.
Both IMO are lacking compared to the absolute top of the division. Therefore Berrio's puncher's chance against Calzaghe might actually be worth more than Stieglitz' chance.

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
The word "crushed" indicates he was dominated by Berrio. That's very far from the truth. In fact it is much more correct to say he was dominating Berrio untill he was caught unaware by a lucky punch and never recovered. Obviously he should have been more carefull. Being dominant for two rounds before getting KO'ed won't do him any good.
But saying Berrio "crushed" Stieglitz just gives a totally wrong idea about what the fight as a whole was like.

Berrio is probably the kind of fighter who'll always have a decent puncher's chance but that's all against top-opposition. Stieglitz managed to remain focussed and beat Berrio once, but failed in their second fight.

Stieglitz despite his loss is clearly the better boxer of the two.
Both IMO are lacking compared to the absolute top of the division. Therefore Berrio's puncher's chance against Calzaghe might actually be worth more than Stieglitz' chance.

Crushed indicates he was crushingly stopped. The first two rounds mean **** all.