View Full Version : Toughest Times Of Your Life

PATO 1
02-08-2007, 03:57 PM
This lounge used to be my fave with , k-dogg,feisty,matt,ragin bull and a few others makin good threads al the time so i think we should all be making good threads here

my question is what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

mine has to be when my mum and dad got divorced and my dad moved out i was totally devastated and totally unprepared for it , i was never really myself for a few months after that

i think something like that turned me more mature and made me realise change could end up for the best

sooo

what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

* FeistyWench *
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
This lounge used to be my fave with , k-dogg,feisty,matt,ragin bull and a few others makin good threads al the time so i think we should all be making good threads here

my question is what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

mine has to be when my mum and dad got divorced and my dad moved out i was totally devastated and totally unprepared for it , i was never really myself for a few months after that

i think something like that turned me more mature and made me realise change could end up for the best

sooo

what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

when i was in college, i was so damn poor and in debt up to my ears.
i was taking a full load of courses and working full time.
i had to sell stuff. it was tough, but i did what i had to.
i worked by butt off. when i finally graduated, i was in serious credit debt. i just consolidated it all and now i am basically debt free.
one thing i will say is that i am a problem solver. when **** is thrown my way, i always figure something out and get through it.

Welter_Skelter
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Life is a constant flow of Highs and Lows..
I have had rough times and will have them again..

KingDosia
02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Like Welter said, There is always going to be ups and downs.
How do you get through them. My trick is you take the good with the bad in the same way. Meaning you have to accept and embrace the bad as you would the good.
I've been homeless, slept in fromt of a storage shed. I've been locked up, I didnt have a father for just about all of my youth. All negative, but you take the lessons, the points that make you stronger. Remember what happened to you, And move on to the next day. Just like with the good. you count your blessings. enjoy what you have just experienced and move on to the next day. Love what you got. Remember what you had. And went through.

* FeistyWench *
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Life is a constant flow of Highs and Lows..
I have had rough times and will have them again..

true.
when times get tough, i try to be proactive and try to figure out what to do.

but if it is just a matter of being down about something (situational depression), i think about the things that make me happy and turn off the negative thoughts the minute they rear their ugly head. lol!

* FeistyWench *
02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
my parents divorced when i was a toddler, and i was robbed of a childhood because of my mom. luckily the few rays of sunshine came for the few days a year that i got to see my dad. but i didn;t want to go to the childhood years. :o

02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
It's been so long since I have had good times, I wouldn't know how to handle them if they returned.

The Raging Bull
02-09-2007, 04:44 AM
I'd been wondering why no-one had been posting here. I might just make a return :cool:

Well, the hardest times of my life were probably when my mum married a man she had been seeing for a while and he seemed like a real nice guy. Him and my mum were expecting a baby, my little brother, and they tied the knot.

But all wasn't well at all. It turned out he had another kid somewhere in London which he kept secret, and he was an abusive husband. The cunt used to beat up on my mum if he didn't have any alcohol or if she wouldn't do something for him.

He hardly ever stepped out of bed either, saying he had a disease called ME, which makes you bed-ridden ro months. But no doctor ever diagnosed it.

After four years of all the fighting and trauma, my mum finally plucked up the courage to kick him out. We never saw him again and got a hpone call last August telling us he was dead.

I was under 10 years old when all this was happening, but thank god we're not mentally scarred or anything :D

If you want to read more details about what he was like, it's in one of Smokin's threads in this lounge. He was truly a bastard. Even in those years that he stayed away, he kept threatening us through letters and phone calls.

This is probably why I can't stand men who hit women and get really protective over women now.

The only good thing that came out of him was that it was partly him (and my grandad) who set me watching boxing.

* FeistyWench *
02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
It's been so long since I have had good times, I wouldn't know how to handle them if they returned.

are you just stressed out due to work related stuff or is everythign in your life kinda **** right now?

Oasis_Lad
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
sleeping rough when i was about 7.

The Raging Bull
02-09-2007, 08:49 AM
sleeping rough when i was about 7.

Damn, that is bad!

But there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

* FeistyWench *
02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
it's amazing how prevalent abuse is

RainbowSmite
02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
My divorce ranked right up there - I think I blocked almost all of it, even though I was the instigator of it. Like, I never really broke down and cried from it all. I keep waiting for something stupid, like a toilet paper commercial or something, to be the thing that breaks me and makes me lose my ****...

RS

Oasis_Lad
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
it's amazing how prevalent abuse is

i was also forced to watch my uncle beat my mother and my aunt half to death.

The Raging Bull
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
i was also forced to watch my uncle beat my mother and my aunt half to death.

****ing hell, men are bastards :nonono:

Sttuddahboy619
02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
When I was a teenager my parents were already divoreced then my mom started doing illegal activity to maintain my brothers and I.Then she got cought.She went to jail my father had a drinking problem and lived in Georgia.So my brothers and I had to stick together to survive.Some days we would go to bed just because we were hungry and didn't have nothing to eat!...It was tough....We stuck together and things are good now.We each have our own families now...It's cool.We had no choice but to grow up!

Smokin'
02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Men aren't bastards...its those ****ers from the UK. Just kidding.

Tuggers1986
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Being sexually abused by a man when i was about 5.

OptimusWolf
02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I haven't had a lot of rought times as of yet, due to a mixture of good support from my family and friends, luck and by and large good decision making, but when I moved to London after uni 4 years ago I had a very tough time. I started my first serious job, didn't know anybody, lived with a bunch of strangers who had no time for me, then split up with my gf of 2 years.

I'm an extremely social person, and I found it tough coming back to flat every night, cooking my dinner for one and then sitting in my room reading or playing music on my tod.

Still my family and one friend who was down there were fantastic and about two weeks into this trough I just went up to a bunch of young people having lunch in my building, asked if I could join em, turned on the charm and in the space of a week I had some new mates, and a few dates!

Tuggers1986
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I haven't had a lot of rought times as of yet, due to a mixture of good support from my family and friends, luck and by and large good decision making, but when I moved to London after uni 4 years ago I had a very tough time. I started my first serious job, didn't know anybody, lived with a bunch of strangers who had no time for me, then split up with my gf of 2 years.

I'm an extremely social person, and I found it tough coming back to flat every night, cooking my dinner for one and then sitting in my room reading or playing music on my tod.

Still my family and one friend who was down there were fantastic and about two weeks into this trough I just went up to a bunch of young people having lunch in my building, asked if I could join em, turned on the charm and in the space of a week I had some new mates, and a few dates!

Sound similar to me, im very social and out going and absolutely hate being alone or with nobody to talk to. alot of people wouldn't of had the guts to ask a group of strangers if you could join them but obviously as you found out, most people will say yes anyway and you will meet new friends

kayjay
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
My divorce ranked right up there - I think I blocked almost all of it, even though I was the instigator of it. Like, I never really broke down and cried from it all. I keep waiting for something stupid, like a toilet paper commercial or something, to be the thing that breaks me and makes me lose my ****...

RS

all those pizza and beer lunches we had kept your spirits up, right? :banana: :grouphug:

the toughest time in my life is right now; i don't know how/if I'll get through it, but I'll return to this thread in a few months

OptimusWolf
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Yep, I feel a lot of sympathy for people who are v.social but unwilling or not fully able to be outgoing. I sometimes even feel bad for my gf who is lovely and likes social interaction but won't impose herself on others so often is quiet or alone.

And yes, I'm not exactly the shy type although I've got my downsides in this respect because I often think I've developed more of a rapport with someone than they reciprocate and can sometimes push things far, taking the mickey after 10 seconds for example!

Also, congrats for going through what you said and coming out well the other side - it must give you the confidence to take whatever life throws at you.

It's pretty cool that on the internet you don't have to sit next to a bunch of people, they just reply to your posts!

Tuggers1986
02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Yep, I feel a lot of sympathy for people who are v.social but unwilling or not fully able to be outgoing. I sometimes even feel bad for my gf who is lovely and likes social interaction but won't impose herself on others so often is quiet or alone.

And yes, I'm not exactly the shy type although I've got my downsides in this respect because I often think I've developed more of a rapport with someone than they reciprocate and can sometimes push things far, taking the mickey after 10 seconds for example!

Also, congrats for going through what you said and coming out well the other side - it must give you the confidence to take whatever life throws at you.

It's pretty cool that on the internet you don't have to sit next to a bunch of people, they just reply to your posts!

Yeah, im very outgoing. not a chance im gonna let somethin that happend to me when i was younger and something that i had no control over ruin my life, i aint gonna moan about it or be a ***** or attention seek like some people would. it happened and its over now so i aint arsed

smile and the world smiles with you :)

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
When my Girls daughter, who ive raised since she was 1 was diagnosed with Autism. Its real tough sumtimes but she's worth it! Ive been thru alot of **** personally but u just gotta roll with the punches man!
Oasis lad u sound like u had it especially rough man, props for pullin thru dude.

t-k-o
02-13-2007, 10:11 PM
i have been through alot over the years, lets see...my whole family grew up in poverty, i am the youngest of 6 kids, my mom and dad were never divorced, based on the fact that my dad was an alchoholic and drug addict, and he would threaten my moms life if she ever left him. my dad was too hard headed to have a job, so my mom worked 2 jobs 7 days a week to take care of us, we basically raised ourselves from a nurturing point of view. i remember times when they would fight and my mom would threaten to take the kids and leave, and he would grab me and lock me in his room while he searched for his gun...i was beaten every once in a while, and he pointed a gun at me on several occasions. lacking fatherly advice growing up i started using drugs heavily at the age of 9 and by 12 years old had done ever single drug out there. i couldnt really blame everything on my dad, beacuse i know that he loved me down inside, but he was always completely too drunk to make his own desicions or act the "right" way. eventually he got a DUI and had to stop drinking and doing drugs, and he got "clean" after that he completely changed his life and now he is a better person, and i really respect him. my drug use continued for years to come and would eventually be the cause for me dropping out of 9th grade so i could focus more on my "buzz". after being at the lowest of lows, realizing that i completely ****ed my life up and was a hopeless drug addict, i got myself together and moved out of state away from all my friends and aquaintainces who held me in the vice that is drug addiction, i moved to MO with my sister, her husband and their 2 kids (both babies) to "grow up" and start taking some responsibility.

6 months later, now 17 years old, i have my GED (which i got a score of 3000 on, and is enough for a full scholorship to many missouri colleges), i have learned many parenting skills, and have matured alot in general. i plan to go to college eventually when the time is right. i guess what i am trying to say is that everybody has rough times, they are iminent throughout life and we all need them so we can learn to be our own person. i have been through alot and if i had the chance to erase all the bad times...i would'nt change a thing, if i had'nt been through rough times i would'nt be half the man i am today...

MANGLER
12-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Splittin wit the ***** I was about to marry.

Ain't see the **** comin, had my long term plans based around that ****. Kinda had to start over, but **** worked out slick. Got my career, my house, my $, and ain't gotta share it wit that *****. :mangler: