View Full Version : Johanneson Dares Burns To Enter Leeds Town Hall

BIGPOPPAPUMP
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
British Super Featherweight Champion Carl Johanneson has declared Leeds Town Hall as his home turf and vows to destroy sharply skilled challenger Ricky Burns when the two meet this Friday, 9 February for a scheduled twelve round championship contest. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=7281)]

PATO 1
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
just seen on boxrec burns is 5inches taller than johansson i seen burns earl and burns arthur and im a big fan

i think he schools carl j

The Wire
02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah i think that's a disctinct possibility, although Johannsen can fight. But Burns does look like he's a big talent, and I would certainly favour him

rooq
02-08-2007, 02:57 AM
i didn't realise burns had that much of a height adavntage. carl will have to be hugely aggressive and willing to eat multiple jabs if he even wants to land a shot on burns.

rooq
02-10-2007, 11:35 AM
well from what i've heard, this fight didn't quite go as anyone except the most hardcore johanneson fans expected.

ophqui
02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
just watched the fight. Great performance from carl, dont think anyone expected him 2 b so dominant, dropped burns 3 times (although he didnt look seriously hurt on any occasion) and hardly lost a round. Credit to burns aswel he didnt half make a fight of it even after the knock downs he was still swingin for the fences but johanneson didnt let him breathe for a second.

Shanus
02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
just seen on boxrec burns is 5inches taller than johansson i seen burns earl and burns arthur and im a big fan

i think he schools carl j

How wrong were you.