View Full Version : Luke's Log. (pun intended)

LukeDothSucketh
01-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Now before I start this thing let me explain to you what my life is all about: I work at McDonald's part time, I'm in high school. Last year right before the end of school I was at a level of fitness I like to remember as "The Pinnacle". Then I started working, got lazy, and I've been inactive more or less since. Long story short, I have this hardcore fitness class statrting in Febuary that I'm too dumb/stubborn to change to an easier gym course, and I'm going to die. So yea. This forum here about "Training Journals" which I've just read for the first time has inspired me to get back together. It was fun living in my own **** for half a year but I'd say I've had my fun. I'm done.

So compared to everyone else talking about how they ran until they coughed up their lungs (Dogg), I'm going to tell you the horrors I endure trying to keep up with a class I clearly don't belong in. LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU! I'll update on my first workout session tomorrow.

LukeDothSucketh
01-12-2003, 12:22 AM
BTW, I only know very limited wrestling, self defence, and like 3 Judo moves. I plan on starting up MMA in the spring.

wondermut
01-12-2003, 12:48 AM
Yeah Man!

DOGGx0
01-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Awsome!!!

If you would like me to find out of some schools in your area... let me know. I can see what is in your area and tell you what would more fit what u are looking for.

I am proud of you Luke. I honestly wished I started training in HS. You will have it made in your early twenties if you keep it up and will be a good fighter.

LMAO@Coughing up a lung!!! Thats just the way my training is. I am actually thinking about deleting that thread cause i took off about 2-3 weeks and am now starting back at square one (it feels like). I am fighting in March and again in August. I have to get down to business, and reading your post, reminded me to post my training schedules again. :)
thanks brother!!! Good luck! and if there is anything I/ we can help with, let me know.

-Dogg

handjobs4dollars
01-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Oh no,He can come and train with me. Bring the hurt.

LukeDothSucketh
01-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Hahaha, thanks for support boys, this thread is going to be hilarious. Gman, I'm going to eat ya childrens.

Gotta work out now. (Back cracks AAAWWW CRAP)

seldomTap
01-12-2003, 05:32 PM
I like your Moxy kid...everyone has to start somewhere..you will be fine, and guaranteed, inside 2 months, you to will be sharing stories of throwing up with pride!

LukeDothSucketh
01-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Today I figured out where I stand with my weight routine and found out I'm not as deep in shti with it as I thought, so I'm happy about that. Otherwise I've been doing a lot of homework and figured out how I'm going to do my workout over the next few weeks.

handjobs4dollars
01-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Heres where i train at www.richbeaupit.com

LukeDothSucketh
01-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Wow, today I ran for the first time in a while. Considering it was well below freezing and I have a killer head ache, I really don't care that I didn't run all that much. That's the first time I didn't put something off until later, in my life. Felt good. Actually its been 10 minutes since I ran I my head ache went away. Yay for exercise. I should try it more often.

seldomTap
01-13-2003, 04:58 PM
Luke, you are on the way my friend!

Procrastination is our worst enemy as humans...the whole phrase"I'll do it tomorrow' should be outlawed...beating your apathy and natural feeling of not doing anything is half the battle

LukeDothSucketh
01-22-2003, 09:45 PM
I had started up my weights again, but now I got a killer cold, and I am just sleeping and studying for exams. I'd like to feel at least a bit beter in a couple days to try to ush my skills up for my class which starts thursday of next week, but we'll probably only start out actual working out on that friday.

LukeDothSucketh
01-30-2003, 04:00 PM
Just found out first 3 weeks of strength and fitness = in class. No running other than two fitness tests for 3 weeks... yay.

LukeDothSucketh
01-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Ran today before work. It hurt. I hate exercise.

LukeDothSucketh
02-05-2003, 10:55 PM
I have a beep test tomorrow, youn run back and forth across the gym every time it beeps until you can't run anymore. It's more of a pshycological thing to me... let's see how it turns out. Looking at the terrible shape I'm in, I'm not expecting anything great.

LukeDothSucketh
02-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Did average. A lot of room for improvement.

LukeDothSucketh
02-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Bahhh, twelve minute run tomorrow, you have to see how many laps you can do. I hate runnign so very very much...

LukeDothSucketh
02-15-2003, 03:46 AM
Did good. Yay.

LukeDothSucketh
02-15-2003, 03:54 AM
Forgot to mention I almost puked immediately after I ran that because I was pumping my fat ass through the whole thing. Half way to puking blood...

LukeDothSucketh
03-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Fitness Testing tomorrow, written exam tuesday, finish fitness testing wednesday and the fitness begins... I'm ****ed.

The Jake
03-02-2003, 10:25 PM
I find it funny reading about your suffering Luke hahaha

Keep up the hard work!

- The Jake

LukeDothSucketh
03-04-2003, 04:18 PM
The real pain starts not next monday, but the one after that when I get back from spring break. Fitness testing is easy now that we're done the running tests. I'm doing bad so far. It's really pathetic.

LukeDothSucketh
03-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Worked out this morning so I can be ready to rock and roll in a week when the **** hits the fan. Did:

Bench Press
Wide Grip Bench Press
Pull Overs

Neck Flexions & Extensions

Barbell Tricep Lying Extensions
Dumbell Tricep Extensions

Chest/Tricep day, threw in neck because I have a weak one... Only did a few sets for each because I'm trying to get into my old routine of 4 sets or each exercise. Also, I only did a couple exercises for the muslces as you can see, which will also change when I get my groove back. Around 5 I think I'll do some core strangth training, with help from Vulgar's thread.

LukeDothSucketh
03-09-2003, 07:13 PM
I have a cold AGAIN. Goddam Canadian weather mixed with laziness is bad. My triceps are still so dead from the ***** **** I did to them the other day that it hurts to extend my arms. Worked on my biceps today, but I'm too tired to do my back, which I should have done today. I'm going to get a lot of sleep tonight, so hopefully I'm done with this gay cold tomorrow.

LukeDothSucketh
03-18-2003, 04:42 PM
The weight-training section of the class is really weak for the first couple of months... I'm going to lose a lot more than I'll gain at first, but that's OK because I'm in this class for the cardio, I can weight-train at home. Today we ran 3.2 k's, and I got winded fast. Couldn't figure it out considering it was perfect weather and I've run a lot better than that lately... Thursday will hopefully show different results.

I'm thinking that I'm going to start either boxing or BJJ in June once exams are done, and I'll be in the best shape of my life form this class. If I can't find a good BJJ place around my area, I'm not going for a treck every damn session, I'll settle for the JJ classes at a local gym/martial arts place. With registering for classes which is relatively cheap, I get free access to an average gym. A few pro fighters instruct classes there, some of them I don't know but it looks OK until I go to college next year in Toronto. Then I should have more options. I'm looking forward to it, but I can't say that I'm looking forward to Thursday's run...

LukeDothSucketh
03-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I've been doing well on my diet, I eat pretty much boiled chicken and salads with a lot of veggies and that sort of ****. I'm feeling amazing just from one week of this course I'm taking. I love it. Today we did plyometrics and it felt great. Whe I went out with my buddies though I can vodka and coke and all I could think about was "Damn, do I really have to have the coke at 200 calories a serving??" ****... I'll have to make up for that tomorrow and Sunday with some serious training...

LukeDothSucketh
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Ran on Sunday on under my own will. About a mile, and I didn't have any trouble running at a decent pace, awesome what one week of exercise can do to get me on track... Tomorrow is a 4 k run instead of 3... noooo

LukeDothSucketh
03-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Couldn't even run 3/4 of it, must have been 5 minutes slower than on Thursday, God knows what the **** happened to my ankles but I could hardly jog on them, I had to keep walking to avoid the pain. I've never felt anything in my ankles before. It was fine right after I stopped running, but I'm going to do some good lower body stretches over the next couple of days to solve this problem.

VulgarTheClown
03-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LukeDothSucketh
I have a cold AGAIN. Goddam Canadian weather mixed with laziness is bad. My triceps are still so dead from the ***** **** I did to them the other day that it hurts to extend my arms. Worked on my biceps today, but I'm too tired to do my back, which I should have done today. I'm going to get a lot of sleep tonight, so hopefully I'm done with this gay cold tomorrow.

i have always found that when you do you BI's do your Tri's too. It keeps your arms normal, and the pain form moving them down.

Curly Howard
03-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Keep up the great work Luke.

LukeDothSucketh
03-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Best run ever today, 4k's, did bad, but amazing for me. I need to make my diet more strict, eating too many calories. Going to eat pretty much chicken and tuna mixed around with salads, veggies, and cottage cheese, with bran/oatmeal earlier in day.

LukeDothSucketh
04-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Strength portion of class is very weak for lower body still, but next week we're finally getting into weights. Tomorrow I run, not sure how much. My tuesday run was fairly ****ty due to it turing ungodly cold, but improvement is showing big time even on bad runs. Diet has been very good since last post. Even on the weekend I didn't have too much garbage.

LukeDothSucketh
04-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Diet is going very well still, thursday's run did not happen because sidewalks were literally covered with ice and the teacher wasn't going to make us do that. Instead we did anaerobic **** with taking turns doing shuttle runs, I didn't do bad except for at the end because of my horrible speed. Today buses were canceled, stayed home, went out to do some ****, and tried to start up a "colour workout" my friend gave me. Basically its 9 exercises and based on your level (you start at bottom) you do a certain number of reps for each one, and you go through the list 3 times. You have to meet a certain time to advance to the next level. The idea is that when you get to the highest level you're doing over 20 minutes of nonstop exercise, its intense. What's really holding me back on this is pushups and burpees, ****, even my tricep dips are better than my push ups... doing this in a combo with a decent weight routine should improve my strength. I want to run tomorrow and Sunday, but tomorrow isn;t looking good, supposed to be a LOT of ****ty weather making it almost impossible to drive and ****. But I'm counting on it to be not too bad. I also plan on buying a heavy bag this weekend, probably from national sports. The only real problem is the ceilings in my house are relatively low, and my garage's ceiling is a POS. Still I think I have a few good places to hang it.

Curly Howard
04-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Sounds like you're doing great......For the heavy bag, in the garage if the framing isn't covered you can run a 4x4 stud across the 2x4s in the ceiling and mount it there. The color exercise chart sounds interesting.

LukeDothSucketh
04-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Ran mile today, did some work on triceps (****IGN WEAK), and I'm not shutting up to my dad about getting me to sporting goods store for bag.

The other problem with the garage Curly is the unbearable cold in the winter. It's most likely going in a back rom in the basement that is otherwise unused. I might try what you said in there, thanks.

VulgarTheClown
04-05-2003, 11:02 PM
man i wish i starte when i was your age

LukeDothSucketh
04-06-2003, 12:46 AM
16 = prime age. So easy to start right off the ****ing bat compared to in your twenties. I'm glad this forum got me started again otherwise in a couple of years I = Vod.

LukeDothSucketh
04-08-2003, 05:22 PM
On Monday we basically did whatever we wanted in the weight room so I worked my legs fo shizzy. Nice and soar, it was awesome. Leg press is my new favourite machine. Today we ran the dreaded beep test, and I got my best score ever: 8.1. 3 weeks and I jumped from a 6.4 to an 8.1. For those of you who don;t understand the beep test (continuous shuttle run that increases speed), a 1.5 improvement is wuite ****ing good. I am aiming between 9 and 10 for the end year beep test. Thursday = 12 minute run, the other runnign fitness test. Hopefully I can improve there too.

Curly Howard
04-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Sound great Luke.Don't forget to stretch your legs too or you'll loose mobility with the new muscle.

LukeDothSucketh
04-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Thursday my twelve minute run score improved but not as well as I expected. I need to improve my speed whn I have a decently long run... Today was in class, and tonight I went out for a while so no time to work out, had my monthly pile of **** diet day, (Mcdonalds...), I'll work out tomorrow after work. Everythin=great. So tomorrow I should run and do weights, sunday I'll run and do colour workout.

LukeDothSucketh
04-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Holy **** I was tired this weekend... yesterday I ran a mile and did some pushups but was too lazy to do my weights. Today I worked at 7 am and did a shift of bringing **** in from the truck. Its a tiring shift and I'm glad I did it because I'm doing homework for the next 99999 hours today.

Other than that I went out and bought a 75 lb heavy bag, decided to go with it instead of 100 pounds not because of money but because the 100 lb one wasn't the greatest size for my house. It should still do fine. Tomorrow night we're pretty much doing what you said Curly and slapping on wood across a few support beams and hooking up the bag.

If anyone has a good bag routine please let me know. Also any boxing technique sites would help me a lot.

Curly Howard
04-13-2003, 05:57 PM
http://www.globalmma.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5264

LukeDothSucketh
04-13-2003, 06:08 PM
**** I remember that thread... thanks for reminding me

bob
04-14-2003, 05:00 AM
for my bag i like to use..... double jab..... left right or 1-2........left, right, left hook......... right, left hook body, ......riight body, left hook head........right hook body, left hook head...........double jab left hook.

but as soon as you get comfy with the basic punches you maake up your own any way

LukeDothSucketh
04-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Monday - did upper body in weight room, I hate how we don;t even get through 6 exercises with 4 sets for each but I try to finish off the work out at home when I can. Yesterday I couldn't due to work.

Tuesday (today) - Ran 4.4 k's. I actually RAN it. Had to walk for about 6 seconds when I thought I was going to ralph over onto the side of the road about 20 metres away from the end of the run but jogged when my stomach settled down. That's pretty good for me seeing as the other week I couldn't run the full 3.2 k run.

Last night due to my dad losing his drill we delayed putting up the heavy bag until tonight. It's looking good, but it might be hanging a bit low because our ceilings are so low. For now its good because it will be moved into another room soon enough anyways. Have yet to do the boxing workout because I'm still pretty tired from school, but I'll probably do it around 7.

I'm definitely going to be in good shape for when I start up Muay Thai at end of June. I want to be able to focus on learning the Muay Thai **** instead of thinking about how exhausted I am even though we've done the warm up. Believe me, that's how bad I was at high school wrestling last year.

LukeDothSucketh
04-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Still doing good, but I've been slowing down from the long weekend. Getting lazy but I plan on fixing that by doing a decent workout at around 5:00pm.

LukeDothSucketh
05-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Last week I had a **** 5 k run on Tuesday, but an amazing one on Thursday. This Tuesday I beat my time for running 3.2 k's by 3 and a half minutes, today's run got put off until tomorroe due to storm. Taking heavy bag back this saturday... I wish that had worked out....

LukeDothSucketh
05-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Ran 6.2 k's last week, and ran it again today with a MUCH better speed. Yesterday most of my lifts looked much better as well.

LukeDothSucketh
05-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Ran a decent 5 k run last Friday, finally showed improvements on my shoulders on monday, and the same for my calves yesterday. Today we ran 6.2 k's and I around 10 people. I ran it in 38 minutes, which is pretty cool considering I ran the 4 k run in 35 minutes about a month ago and I considered it my best run. Had a couple dry heaves right near the end but no puke yet... We'll be doing upper body tomorrow, and I think we might do a 7 k run on Friday... I hate running on Friday...

LukeDothSucketh
05-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Wow, even my gym teacher is getting lazy, and GOD KNOWS I AM. Only ended up doign that one run last week, and probably will onyl do one this week too... We're supposed to be doing a ****ing 10 k run in a few weeks when we've done 6.2k's at the most so far... ****.

I'm a slacker but I don't care, I'm too tired to do anything right now, hopefully I can pick it up in the summer.

LukeDothSucketh
06-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Big slackfest. All I've been doign is eating lots of garbagre on weekends, and slacking plenty in gym. Need to get back into focus, the desire to beat the **** out of people is growing, which will motivate me to train. It'll probably begin AFTER this weekend due to annual fair being here. Beer + Hot Dgos + Demo Derby + Lots of hot sluts = fun times. Monday I'll ry and post my success and gettin the boat moving again

LukeDothSucketh
06-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Its ****ing go time. Diet is back in ship shape, with improvements to decrease boredom with same kinds of foods. Final testing in my fitness class started today and I improved big time again on first cardio test, I feel so good right now from taking this class. Summer is so close its not funny, its going to be hard to keep my focus with work and the fact that this summer is going to be a ****ing blast with my buddies. Still waiting for the ****ing driving school to call me so I can book my in car lessons, but I can fit them all in a week as soon as he calls, that's the good thing. Once I get my liscence I'm set to be at the gym at least 3 times a week for strength training, and once for a variation on my cardio. I still have to negotiate with my mom about going driving almost an hour to train Muay Thai, be there for almost 2 hours, then drive almost an hour back, seeing as I'll be using her car... hahaha. The alternative that I'm not ready to accept yet is the karate instructor that my dad is friend's with at work. His school is supposed to be bad ass, focusing on sparring more than a lot of other karate places. I need to get the name of this place...

Anyways, I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL EVERYONE THIS SUMMER. That is all.

LukeDothSucketh
06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Today I found out I am a mere 16% body fat, that's the lowest its been since I was like 8 or something I'll bet. I would like to get it down to about 15 or maybe even 14 by the end of summer. Did OK on some finess tests, but one I totally own3d was crunches in a minute. All of the core work brought me from a mere 53 to a manly 77. 4 school days, 2 exams, and I'm ****ing given'r! YEA

LukeDothSucketh
06-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Woohoo, Tuesday I got 9.4 on beep test (exactly my goal form a couple months ago), and today I beat my 12 minute run score by 3 laps. Since our teacher is so lazy we're doing a timed 7 k run instead of a 10 k... its on Monday. School's almost done, YYYEEAAAA!

I'll list my iprovements actually...

-Lost 30+ pounds
-went from 6.4 to 9.4 on beep test
-went from 22 to 26 (I think the guy marking me missed 2 laps though...) 26 still sucks, but at least I improved (12 minute run)
-lost 8 centimetres on waist, 9 on hips, 3 on chest despite muscle growth there
-went from 53 to 77 crunches in a minute

YAY.

LukeDothSucketh
06-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Today was our timed 6.5 k run. I beat my time of 38 minutes from almost two months ago with a time of 35:45. I almost collapsed a couple of times because it was so ****ing hot, but I did it. YEA!