View Full Version : sleep

* FeistyWench *
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
how much do you need to function optimally versus how much you actually get (on average)?

sadly, i function best on 9-10 hours sleep, but usually get 6 hours, and those 6 hours are total. i never get uninterupted sleep. i get up about 4 or 5 times a night. :nonono:

Welter_Skelter
02-01-2007, 07:30 PM
how much do you need to function optimally versus how much you actually get (on average)?

sadly, i function best on 9-10 hours sleep, but usually get 6 hours, and those 6 hours are total. i never get uninterupted sleep. i get up about 4 or 5 times a night. :nonono:

And thats the KEY.. 6 hours would be OK if it was continuous.. I only have good sleeps when I sleep on the couch because I dont get disturbed..

I am sure with with a partner and NOW a baby.. its torture.. sleep deprivation is one of the worst feelings I can imagine :(

* FeistyWench *
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
And thats the KEY.. 6 hours would be OK if it was continuous.. I only have good sleeps when I sleep on the couch because I dont get disturbed..

I am sure with with a partner and NOW a baby.. its torture.. sleep deprivation is one of the worst feelings I can imagine :(

the baby wakes up 4 or 5 times a night and my toddler wakes up at least once, so of course they need momma. :o

one night i was so tired i wanted to cry. i just got the baby settled down, i go to get back in bed and my husband is snoring! he had drank some alcohol and he was OUT. i was so damn mad. lol! instead of doing what i wanted to do (take my legs and push his ass out of the bed), i just slept on the couch.

Welter_Skelter
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM
the baby wakes up 4 or 5 times a night and my toddler wakes up at least once, so of course they need momma. :o

one night i was so tired i wanted to cry. i just got the baby settled down, i go to get back in bed and my husband is snoring! he had drank some alcohol and he was OUT. i was so damn mad. lol! instead of doing what i wanted to do (take my legs and push his ass out of the bed), i just slept on the couch.

I didnt realise you had a TODDLER also :o

* FeistyWench *
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I didnt realise you had a TODDLER also :o

yup. a 3 year old and a 4 month old. they keep me busy :)

THE REAL NINJA
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Most of the time I get 4-5 hours any more then 6 has the opposite effect and makes me feel tired. I've seen new studys which suggest that adults need less sleep then what was previously thought.

* FeistyWench *
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Most of the time I get 4-5 hours any more then 6 has the opposite effect and makes me feel tired. I've seen new studys which suggest that adults need less sleep then what was previously thought.

when i get a lot of sleep, i feel great! lol! :ugh:

-Antonio-
02-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I find that, unless Im sick, or had a really long day before, I function best on seven good hours of sleep.

Banderivets
02-01-2007, 11:29 PM
hm, Im my best on 11 hours.

However I sleep 6 hours on average, which sucks....

The longer I sleep the better I look too. When I wake up at 7am after 6 or so hours of sleep I look like crap...all pale and mashed up.

11hours Im full of colour, face looks full, body looks better/rested...

Dunno if its just me.

BigCol
02-02-2007, 12:23 AM
I have sympathy for all of you sleep deprived folks. I went through a period (about 6 months) where I was only getting about 4 hours a night and there were days were I would get no sleep at all, I would have my eyes closed but of course I got no sleep. It is the worst feeling in the world...especially physically.

Verstyle
02-02-2007, 12:24 AM
i get like 6 hours of sleep a day

Verstyle
02-02-2007, 12:25 AM

yeah me to.alot of ppl dont get it when i tell them that though

Mick Hucknall
02-02-2007, 02:56 AM
I went to my bed at 5.pm last night and woke up this morning at around 7.am so a nice 14 hour rest

The Noose
02-02-2007, 06:54 AM
I get around 9 hours now each night. Sleep like a baby as long as i go for a wee wee before.

The other night i only got around 7 hours but felt great all day.
For me its not how much i get, its having a daily routine. If i break the routine i dont sleep as well or feeel as good.

The Raging Bull
02-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Around 7 1/2 - 8 hours per night is enough for me, uninterrupted.

But when I've been on a long run about an hour before bed or been working hard at boxing, I find it difficult to sleep at night, which I think is a bit strange because you'd think I'd be sleeping more because I'm exhausted.

Mick Hucknall
02-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Your body may still be pumped though thats why it make take longer for you to doze off

RockyMarcianofan00
02-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Thomas Edison stated that the mind only needs 2 hours of sleep, which in some sense is true...

However your body to function properly needs at least 7 hours....

That being said it does vary person to person....

BrooklynBomber
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
About 7 hours, but I need 8.
And since I work at nights, it ****s up my sleep schedule.
BTW anyone knows any natural ways to fall asleep quickly?
Cause with a ****ed up schedule, I been getting a serious insomnia when I was not able to fall asleep until like 3-4 am.

phallus
02-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Cause with a ****ed up schedule, I been getting a serious insomnia when I was not able to fall asleep until like 3-4 am.

i have the same problem, sometimes i have to jerk off 3 times in a row to
get to sleep

RockyMarcianofan00
02-03-2007, 12:38 AM

yea my sleep schdelue is ****ed up all the time too, the best way is to go to bed at the same time every night and eventually you'll wake up the time you want....However if your like me this isn't always an option...Honestly I find i your up for over 12 hours (wake up 7am then you should be tired around 7pm) then you should get tired regardless of how tired you are....

Now honestly just laying in your bed for awhile..Maybe read alittle, and don't eat before you go to bed..I find these help...

Can't think of anyt other others off the top of my head..

get to sleep

Yea that works sometimes....Not that I'd know :ugh:

BuddyChacon
02-03-2007, 01:04 AM
I sleep up to 16 hours straight on the weekends if I am in a manic down swing, then I have periods where I can't sleep for days without medicine. I wake up all hours of the night no matter how much I get.

LIU KANG
02-03-2007, 03:20 AM
get to sleep are you serious or being a smart ass? :thinking:

eazy_mas
02-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Around 7 1/2 - 8 hours per night is enough for me, uninterrupted.

But when I've been on a long run about an hour before bed or been working hard at boxing, I find it difficult to sleep at night, which I think is a bit strange because you'd think I'd be sleeping more because I'm exhausted.

i had exactly the same problem when i was training which is one of the reason i stopped because now i starting college again it will effect my preformance in the class espaiclly if there is a boring teacher

Thomas Edison stated that the mind only needs 2 hours of sleep, which in some sense is true...

However your body to function properly needs at least 7 hours....

That being said it does vary person to person....

you could do that but nt too much because then you would be seeing red filtering and stuff like that had once done it for a while you really become streesed out more than you should be.

you just need to organize you time better to get you job done and work more intestively

mgkirkpatrick
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
i need 9-10 also for optimal. i seem to either get 4-6 or 12-14. i can not wake up on my own accord either. hmm.

hey feisty boondock saints are the greatest. whatever happened to the sequel?

BrooklynBomber
02-03-2007, 12:16 PM
yea my sleep schdelue is ****ed up all the time too, the best way is to go to bed at the same time every night and eventually you'll wake up the time you want....However if your like me this isn't always an option...Honestly I find i your up for over 12 hours (wake up 7am then you should be tired around 7pm) then you should get tired regardless of how tired you are....

Now honestly just laying in your bed for awhile..Maybe read alittle, and don't eat before you go to bed..I find these help...

Can't think of anyt other others off the top of my head..

Yea that works sometimes....Not that I'd know :ugh:

Ummm, if I go to sleep hungry, it gets much worse for me, I cant fall asleep without having some sort of snak before.

PATO 1
02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
hard to say

most days i start work at 6am and even if i say had 7hours my body is stil physically tired and my reaction time is shortened

neils7147933
02-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I wish there were enough hours in the day for me to average 12 hours. If I can get 7, I can function fairly well. Less than that, my mood is often affected...

* FeistyWench *
02-03-2007, 05:18 PM
i need 9-10 also for optimal. i seem to either get 4-6 or 12-14. i can not wake up on my own accord either. hmm.

hey feisty boondock saints are the greatest. whatever happened to the sequel?

lots of talk and no action, unfortunately. i'll keep hoping though.

mgkirkpatrick
02-05-2007, 10:15 PM
collective will power will make it happen in the end ^^

Dr.Depravity
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I would guess about...6-7 a night. But if allowed to sleep in 12 is not out of the question. And Dr. Filth is right. Rubbing one out before bed does help one get to sleep. I usually don't have time for a triple header though. So I make sure to get in one big one.

Scottie2Hottie
02-06-2007, 12:22 AM
i was a wicked insomniac for awhile, averaging 3 hours of sleep a night at best. as of late, though, ive been able to get 8 good ones.

i can generally function fine on any amount of sleep, but if i wake up in the middle of a dream, im miserable for about a half an hour at least.

02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Sleep....?

What's sleep?

I go to the Dr. tomorrow for my really ****ty sleep habits.

* FeistyWench *
02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Sleep....?

What's sleep?

I go to the Dr. tomorrow for my really ****ty sleep habits.

there are some good sleeping pills out there

BigCol
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
i was a wicked insomniac for awhile, averaging 3 hours of sleep a night at best. as of late, though, ive been able to get 8 good ones.

i can generally function fine on any amount of sleep, but if i wake up in the middle of a dream, im miserable for about a half an hour at least.

3 hours of sleep a night? How the hell did you function with that? Jesus, I used to have that when I first started working and living on my own. It was hell, physically I was drained and looked like **** and mentally I couldn't function because I was always tired half the time.

Now, I am fine with about 6-8 hours of sleep. I am used to being sleep deprived because I had major sleep problems for about 6 month.

02-07-2007, 06:18 PM
there are some good sleeping pills out there

I sure hope so. That **** you buy OTC is garbage. All they do is make me yawn.

* FeistyWench *
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM

the stuff i take works and doesn't leave me groggy in the morning.
but it is habit forming in that you have trouble sleeping if you don;t take it after you have taken it for a while.

BigCol
02-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Sleeping pills wont do a damn thing. I tried them for months. DO you have a lot of stress in your life? What about a job taht has alot of physical labour? You need to find the ROOT of your sleeping problems.

Good luck..

02-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Sleeping pills wont do a damn thing. I tried them for months. DO you have a lot of stress in your life? What about a job taht has alot of physical labour? You need to find the ROOT of your sleeping problems.

Good luck..

Stress? Do I have stress? NAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Dude, right now I'm wound up tighter than a gnat's ass stretched around a snare drum.

BigCol
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Stress? Do I have stress? NAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Dude, right now I'm wound up tighter than a gnat's ass stretched around a snare drum.

Is that what is keeping you up at night? Do you stay up for countless nights just thinking about life and it's problems?

02-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Is that what is keeping you up at night? Do you stay up for countless nights just thinking about life and it's problems?

Yup.

Sometimes I think about all that just because I'm awake.

BigCol
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Yup.

Sometimes I think about all that just because I'm awake.

I had the same thing. Stress from work. What I did: Write in a journal whenever you go to bed. Get all of your negative thoughts out, stuff that you have to do the next day etc. i used to do it and believe me - it works.

02-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I had the same thing. Stress from work. What I did: Write in a journal whenever you go to bed. Get all of your negative thoughts out, stuff that you have to do the next day etc. i used to do it and believe me - it works.

I'll try it.

At this point I would eat a turd sandwich if it would put me to sleep.

BigCol
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I'll try it.

At this point I would eat a turd sandwich if it would put me to sleep.

Glad to help. I would also suggest eating a turd sandwich. :)

BrooklynBomber
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Stack up on 5-htp, since it restores serotonin which could be the cause of sleeping problem. I ahd that what I was like 18.

02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Stack up on 5-htp, since it restores serotonin which could be the cause of sleeping problem. I ahd that what I was like 18.

What is 5-htp??

platinummatt!
02-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I probably need about 10. And for a few of them to be before midnight. They say 1 before is worth 2 after. I get about 7 hours maybe 8

platinummatt!
02-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Before I was getting like 6

02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Ambein and Paxil is what they gave me.

BigCol
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
hows the sleep?

t-k-o
02-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Good luck..untrue, i was once prescribed some real strong ****, people wouold tell me that i was acting the fool and doing all this crazy ****, and had no recolection of it the next day...i've heard about a woman who took an ambien, went to a dodge dealership and bought a viper and didnt remember it the next day at all.

Ambein and Paxil is what they gave me.

paxil is for depression, wont help you sleep at all

* FeistyWench *
02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
untrue, i was once prescribed some real strong ****, people wouold tell me that i was acting the fool and doing all this crazy ****, and had no recolection of it the next day...i've heard about a woman who took an ambien, went to a dodge dealership and bought a viper and didnt remember it the next day at all.

paxil is for depression, wont help you sleep at all

paxil is for anxiety and depression, but it can help you sleep if these were the issues that were keeping you up ;)

The Noose
02-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Nothing beats a good solid wank.

* FeistyWench *
02-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Nothing beats a good solid wank.

yeah, i imagine that works too ;)

RainbowSmite
02-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Really? I find that I'm too keyed up to sleep if I do that right before bed...lol.

I do best on 8-9 hours a night, but these days I rarely get more than 6. Which is actually a huge change for me - when I was married, I slept 10 or more hours every night (probably because I was both depressed and trying to not have to spend time with my now-ex).

RS

The Noose
02-16-2007, 12:00 PM
yeah, i imagine that works too ;)

Really? I find that I'm too keyed up to sleep if I do that right before bed...lol.

Oh it works for me alright.

Maybe its a guy thing.
U women with ur toys and love beads and buzzing electronic spaced aged ogazmatrons!
It probably takes a while to clean up after ur done.

* FeistyWench *
02-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh it works for me alright.

Maybe its a guy thing.
U women with ur toys and love beads and buzzing electronic spaced aged ogazmatrons!
It probably takes a while to clean up after ur done.

not at all.
we just pop them back in their hiding place. no messiness to clean up.
men have more of a clean up. lol!

i think orgasms sap more energy from men than they do from women. that's why we got the whole multiple-"o" thing going on ;)

hemichromis
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
i get about 6 hours but whatever i get i still need coffe in the moring or i won't de-zombify untill about 10 at night!

MickyHatton
02-16-2007, 03:33 PM
i get about 6 hours but whatever i get i still need coffe in the moring or i won't de-zombify untill about 10 at night!

I survive on about 4 hours a night.

Even weekends, ****in does my head in!

* FeistyWench *
02-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I survive on about 4 hours a night.

Even weekends, ****in does my head in!

why so little?

MickyHatton
02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
why so little?

I had a parachute accident about 5 years ago, they fixed the leg but I was left with some nerve damage.

Hence most nights I get woken by jolts of pain! You get used to little sleep after a while and cope but it can be a bastard! Especially weekends!!!

* FeistyWench *
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I had a parachute accident about 5 years ago, they fixed the leg but I was left with some nerve damage.

Hence most nights I get woken by jolts of pain! You get used to little sleep after a while and cope but it can be a bastard! Especially weekends!!!

i'm sorry to hear that, but glad you didn't die. that can be scary stuff.

phallus
02-16-2007, 04:06 PM
not at all.
we just pop them back in their hiding place. no messiness to clean up.
men have more of a clean up. lol!

i think orgasms sap more energy from men than they do from women. that's why we got the whole multiple-"o" thing going on ;)

no, i keep a box of tissues handy next to the bed for when i can't sleep

SABBATH
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
6 hours is good for me but often 4 or none at all. I will often go 2 or 3 days without sleeping. I'm just rarely tired enough to sleep well.

MANGLER
12-25-2009, 05:21 AM

I'm an insomniac. It's aight cuz I don't need to sleep. If I got **** to do, I'll get up and get it done on 30 minutes of sleep if I got to. If I got nothin on the itinerary, I'll sleep the whole damn day tho.

Anti~Jalandoni
12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
bump bump bump