View Full Version : Bute Dominates Tatevosyan in Decision Win

BIGPOPPAPUMP
01-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Over 9,000 fans packed the Bell Centre in Canada to watch undefeated Lucian Bute (19-0) of Montreal retain his WBO Intercontinental super-middleweight title with a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over Russian Sergey Tatevosyan (25-7). [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=7118)]

Red_Menace
01-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Wasn't too interesting. Bute's opponent was seriously outclassed.

BrooklynBomber
01-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Over 9,000 fans packed the Bell Centre in Canada to watch undefeated Lucian Bute (19-0) of Montreal retain his WBO Intercontinental super-middleweight title with a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over Russian Sergey Tatevosyan (25-7). [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=7118)]

I wanna see bute against some real opposition now. HE got the goods

Dorian
01-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm romanian so go bute!
he was on a roll and got a great victory

Solntse
01-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I just saw the fight, they played the Soviet anthem instead of Russia's anthem! That was funny, Tatevosyan was smiling at it. "Partia Lenina", right!

Good fight by Bute, I don't see anyone exept Kessler and Calzaghe that could beat him (maybe Andrade, but that would be close). It was not an exciting fight because Tatevosyan was on survival mode for a while, but still nice!

Do you guys prefer Ngoudjo or Bute?

Red_Menace
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure if I think Bute can be a champ or not. He's fast, has good stamina. Not particularly sure about his power or chin. And very maybe once a fight he gets lazy and his opponent will be able to land three punches in succession, which hasn't done him much harm so far, but against a top 10 fighter it could end very badly. He's a very good fighter though, and I think he'd be able to take anyone except maybe those couple top guys.

!!! Beowulf !!!
01-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I just saw the fight, they played the Soviet anthem instead of Russia's anthem! That was funny, Tatevosyan was smiling at it. "Partia Lenina", right!

Good fight by Bute, I don't see anyone exept Kessler and Calzaghe that could beat him (maybe Andrade, but that would be close). It was not an exciting fight because Tatevosyan was on survival mode for a while, but still nice!

Do you guys prefer Ngoudjo or Bute?

Isn't the tune of the Russian anthem the same as the Soviet anthem?

BrooklynBomber
01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Isn't the tune of the Russian anthem the same as the Soviet anthem?

Yeah, but different words. Very different.

rooq
01-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I wanna see bute against some real opposition now. HE got the goods

bring on bute - froch.

i've seen a couple of bute's fights in youtube but don't know **** about anyone he's fought. have his opponents been better than froch's or are they both equally untested?

!!! Beowulf !!!
01-28-2007, 02:44 PM
bring on bute - froch.

i've seen a couple of bute's fights in youtube but don't know **** about anyone he's fought. have his opponents been better than froch's or are they both equally untested?

His opponents have generally been slightly worse than Froch's opponents. Not too much worse though.

Solntse
01-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm a Bute fan, but I have no choice to agree: Froch's opposition was better.

Solntse
01-28-2007, 03:24 PM
However, Bute was always perfect in his fights, Froch's performance against Magee and Adamu was so-so.

But we won't see them fight untill one of them becomes a world champion.