View Full Version : "Motivation"

momita
01-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Motivation
You cannot run away from a weakness;
you must sometimes fight it out or perish;
and if that be so,
why not now, where you stand.

Toughness is the ability to consisently perform towards the upper range of your talent and skill regardless of competitive circumstances. Athletes that choke, but continue to fight with 100% effort and total positivism show great toughness! Project on the outside the way you want to feel on the inside. To get tougher, always focus your training on your weakest links. Emotions respond much as muscles do. The ones that you stimulate the most become the strongest and most accessable. Never show weakness or negativism on the outside.

I got this from the Ultimate Athlete magazine, thought it was interesting stuff.

seldomTap
01-09-2003, 06:15 PM
"To get tougher, always focus your training on your weakest links. "

Truest words ever spoken

momita
01-10-2003, 11:39 AM
seldom, do you subscribe to Ultimate magazine? I've bought grappling mag, but Ultimate just seems better, more detail or something. Since I want to know everything about MMA, gotta have details!!!

DOGGx0
01-10-2003, 06:52 PM
i love UA mag.

We plan to have the health doctor from there come here. He has asked for his own section to the site "The Doc's Corner". He has alot going on, so be patient. :)

BTW, thats some good stuff momita. Motivation is key in this sport. Sometimes, i think it is all fighters have to rely on. It is all they need to get out there everyday and train their ass' off.

Kempo Chris
01-11-2003, 02:08 AM
TTT

Jeremy Jackson
01-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Yep that is the secret!! motivation!

scorpion

seldomTap
01-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by momita
seldom, do you subscribe to Ultimate magazine? I've bought grappling mag, but Ultimate just seems better, more detail or something. Since I want to know everything about MMA, gotta have details!!!

I would, but it is about $16 a copy over here so until I strike oil in the backyard, I don't think I i will be!

Great Mag though...covers everything and is well written. I like it

momita
01-12-2003, 07:10 PM
16.00 a magazine?? Whoa, what if you bought it over the net? If you can, it is only $29.00 for the whole year year!!! Maybe if you knew someone with a credit card over here, you could give them the money and then they can just put your address?
And if you do strike oil in your backyard, can we be good friends????:lol1:

seldomTap
01-12-2003, 07:14 PM
$29 US = about $55 Australian on a good day...then I have to add postage which can add up also. Still would be cheaper though...

And if I strike oil, I am sure I will have lots of friends!

CrashZero
01-13-2003, 02:16 AM
somone put this in the training forum :)

momita
01-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Just a few more things on Motivation from UA!

Believe passionately in this creed:
The hotter the competition and the problems, the better!

What to think when the going gets tough:
Hang in there. Keep fighting. Things will turn my way. Come on, I can do this!

What to think when faced with one obstacle after another:
Bring em on, all of them! If anyone needs practice at solving problems, it's me!!

What to think when you're tired, burned out, negative and weak before the game even starts:
Today will be a great challenge for me. I've got to be super tough today to make it. If I can do it here & now, I can do it anywhere! I'm going to hang in there no matter what! No Excuses!

Remember, somewhere out there someone is training for you!!!

Kimura
01-21-2003, 10:42 PM
You can't train properly without motivation.

academiachuteboxe
01-23-2003, 11:25 AM
i feel so warm and fuzzy now.....and motivated too for some reason!

DOGGx0
01-24-2003, 07:04 PM
if there was a being that was motivation, i would have crazy, sloppy sex with it.

Actually... i think i just did....

momita
01-24-2003, 09:56 PM
was it good for you???

DOGGx0
01-25-2003, 02:49 PM
yes, thank you for asking :)

astroboy
02-01-2003, 03:08 AM
the ultimate motivation
is watching someone who you can idolize as the epitimy of fitness and ability and just plain kicks ass....

ie: watching silva or vitor belfort or any exciting fighting in their prime condition KOin ppl is the ultimate motivation to go out and hit the heavy bag for an hour then grapple for 3 hours and then lift weights for an hour

then go home and shag the lady for 8 hours....

FANTASTIC!!

ArjukanpoKarate
03-11-2003, 02:35 AM
I love all those little bits of Motivation.....

Very cool

bob
04-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by seldomTap
"To get tougher, always focus your training on your weakest links. "

Truest words ever spoken

apart from " seldom tap takes it up the smack"

Magic Man
04-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by astroboy
the ultimate motivation
is watching someone who you can idolize as the epitimy of fitness and ability and just plain kicks ass....

ie: watching silva or vitor belfort or any exciting fighting in their prime condition KOin ppl is the ultimate motivation to go out and hit the heavy bag for an hour then grapple for 3 hours and then lift weights for an hour

then go home and shag the lady for 8 hours....

FANTASTIC!!

very true!

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:00 AM
"If you're never tested, you'll never define your character. "
- Henry Rollins

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:02 AM
Motivation
Nobody is stronger, nobody is weaker than someone who came back.There is nothing you can do to such a person because whatever you could do is less than what has already been done to him. We have already paid the price.

- Elie Wiesel

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:06 AM
What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.

- Jack Kerouac

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

- Thomas Edison

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:09 AM
Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile...initially scared me to death.

- Betty Bender

VulgarTheClown
05-18-2003, 01:10 AM
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Meglomaniac
05-28-2003, 03:20 PM
You want to talk toughness? Bruce Lee said this before:

Forget about winning or losing, forget about pride or pain. If your opponent grazes your skin, you smash your fist into his flesh, if he smashes his fist into your flesh, you fracture his bones, if he fractures your bones, you take his life. Do not concern yourself with escaping safely. Lay your life before your opponent.