View Full Version : Amer Khan

Jim_Davis
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Anybody heard of him? Apparently he is being trained by Brendan Ingle and is still undefeated in 12 fights. Thought it was pretty funny cos of his name. I'd be pissed to have more a less the same name as a boxer more famous than me.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=196309

rooq
01-26-2007, 02:49 PM
he's fighting for the english belt soon i believe.

i've never seen him fight but have seen him interviewed ringside...he was considered a bit of a prospect when he turned pro but he's been pretty inactive (only 2 fights each in 2005 and 2006) so he's probably dropped off the radar.

also a low ko ratio probably won't persuade sky to show too many of his fights no matter how good he is.

edit - he was supposed to be fighting Haymer for the light hw title but there were no purse bids. so he must be pretty unmarketable these days.

Jazzy Paul
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
When I read the thread title I thought you'd made a typo.

Never heard of him before now but looking at his record, he's going nowhere fast!

The Wire
01-27-2007, 08:08 AM
He fought a guy i know from peterborough called Karl Wheeler and beat him on points. He's a decent enough fighter but no dig so he's hard to sell.

He may win the British one day, you never know, but that would be his limit I should think. And he might be quite lucky to get that far to be honest. His total lack of punch power will hinder him at championship level

fasman
01-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Amir Khan is a very good boxer.. has phenomenal speed and a lot of power!!

Jim_Davis
01-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Read the thread properly before replying lol

hemichromis
01-27-2007, 01:17 PM

amer kahns a different fighter. I got confused too!!