View Full Version : Gairy St.Clair Video

m00ks
10-12-2004, 07:04 PM
To the members who would be most likely interested: pso_junior, grayfist, fistfest, janno, ElPacman

The video is at **************.com
http://**************.no-ip.org/details.php?id=1296

It's against Theopilus Quaye, a recent fight a couple of weeks ago. Although I don't know how Ct.Clair took 11 rounds to beat a guy who's 2-0. :D

JaNnO
10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
To the members who would be most likely interested: pso_junior, grayfist, fistfest, janno, ElPacman

The video is at **************.com
http://**************.no-ip.org/details.php?id=1296

It's against Theopilus Quaye, a recent fight a couple of weeks ago. Although I don't know how Ct.Clair took 11 rounds to beat a guy who's 2-0. :D

Hey mooks, thanks for the link. Is it true that the reason why St. Clair hasn't so many knockdown is -- he is more of a runner than a fighter - ala Gainer?

m00ks
10-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey mooks, thanks for the link. Is it true that the reason why St. Clair hasn't so many knockdown is -- he is more of a runner than a fighter - ala Gainer?

He just doesn't have that kind of power. He'll break you down, but I don't even think ONE lucky punch from this guy can knock down a guy who has a soso chin.

JaNnO
10-12-2004, 10:38 PM
He just doesn't have that kind of power. He'll break you down, but I don't even think ONE lucky punch from this guy can knock down a guy who has a soso chin.

Below were a fan's observations from the Pacman site on Gary's fighting style:

- have good reflexes and defensive skills
- he is a skilled boxer, smart, slick and an experienced fighter.
- Does not have a knockout punch but can weaken his opponent
systematically. He can also deliver good body punches.
- Can move in and out. Strike volume of punches then move out to avoid
counterpunches.
- have long arms, good long jab.
- his offense and defensive style is similar to that of a slow version of Floyd
Mayweather Jr.
- does not look good when pressured
- this guy is fun and exciting to watch.
- St. Clair is definitely a better fighter than Orlando Salido !

Based on the above, it looks like Manny has to put pressure early on St. Clair to render him ineffective. Looks like he is capable of impressing the judges, in that case Manny should not let the fight decided on the scorecard.

IMO, If Manny will not respect St. Clair's punches, then Manny will go early for the kill and finish him off.

Regardless of what St. Clair's people are saying about their fighter's what he can and cannot do and some people's observation, Manny should prepare himself 100% for this fight and he should bring the same intensity and hunger he he had when he fought Barrera. He should also apply relentless pressure from round 1 to the finish!

What do you think?

m00ks
10-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Well if it's true that he doesn't like getting pressured then fight is over right there. Pac is 100% pressure from rounds 1-12. He seems pretty confident though in a recent article, I don't even know why. I don't think any of his wins we're against very impressive opponents and he lost all of his fights against quality opponents re:Chcio, Harris, Dorin.

JaNnO
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Well if it's true that he doesn't like getting pressured then fight is over right there. Pac is 100% pressure from rounds 1-12. He seems pretty confident though in a recent article, I don't even know why. I don't think any of his wins we're against very impressive opponents and he lost all of his fights against quality opponents re:Chcio, Harris, Dorin.

That's what I think too. They sey seem to be confident about St. Clair's chances. I also noticed that some Australian boxing experts who are obviously pro-St. Clair think that they can't get a fair decision in Manila. Looks like this early, his camp is campaigning to get the boxing fans to think the way they do.

But I still believe, Manny will come out victorious just because I know what he can do and he has fought more impressive opponents unlike St. Clair who mainly won against virtually unknown opponents.

ELPacman
10-12-2004, 11:50 PM
If Manny is fighting in Manila, I think that's his motivation. Having fought the last 3 fights and only 1 before that in the Ph., I don't think he's going to let his people down. He wants to put up a show for them since it's been awhile though will play it safe. If he feels in any way St. Clair has a chance, he will kick it up a notch to end it. I think St. Clair's only chance at winning this would be with a knockout body shot. Though with his power I doubt that may be possible. Manny has also improved since his last body shot knock outs wayyyy back, so I doubt that would be a problem even. I think St. Clair should make reservations at the nearest hospital he'll be checked into after the fight :D

m00ks
10-13-2004, 12:27 AM
I also believe Pac would not allow himself to loose on home turf. He has too much heart for that. On top of that he knows even if this is a tuneup fight, he has to get through St. Clair to get more big money fights.

psychopath
10-13-2004, 01:31 AM
I also believe Pac would not allow himself to loose on home turf. He has too much heart for that. On top of that he knows even if this is a tuneup fight, he has to get through St. Clair to get more big money fights.

Thanks Mooks . . . just as I have suspected . . . this guy is like the TAZMANIAN DEVIL circling around the ring like a whirlwind. . . :D. He has no chance of hurting Manny. :cool:

JOM'S
10-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Tazmanian Whirlwind against the typhoon from the pacific, i think its a good match up....

Verbl_Kint
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I believe that this St. Clair guy is no different from Paulie Ayala, except he's far less dangerous and probably dirtier.

JOM'S
10-15-2004, 03:36 AM
guys can anyone upload highlight clips in the video section for a St. Claire Bout, will be much appreciated....

lapulapu
10-21-2004, 01:39 PM

Can you compare St. Clair with Salido?? Who's a better tune up? I think Salido can't break a nose too.

m00ks
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Can you compare St. Clair with Salido?? Who's a better tune up? I think Salido can't break a nose too.

St. Clair is craftier than Salido but truly does not have power. St. Clair is a better tuneup mainly because he boasts a better record and has had better caliber of opponents. He has a good chin and hard to hit. A great test for any hard puncher.

abdiel2k3
10-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Salido juts had a bad nite
he crumbled under the pressure
but i dont think St. Clair is any better
Ive seen salido b4 and that def wasnt him in their
he usually presses actiona alot more
but what can ya expect when a fighter keeps getting countered
like pac towards the end of his fight with JMM
they stopped pressureing as much and tryed to think lil more
Salido just didnt know what to do that nite

psychopath
10-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Salido juts had a bad nite
he crumbled under the pressure
but i dont think St. Clair is any better
Ive seen salido b4 and that def wasnt him in their
he usually presses actiona alot more
but what can ya expect when a fighter keeps getting countered
like pac towards the end of his fight with JMM
they stopped pressureing as much and tryed to think lil more
Salido just didnt know what to do that nite

The truth is Salido doen't have anything in his arsenal to beat JMM. To only way you can beat a solid counter puncher like JMM is to hurt him early and badly.

Salido only pick up his pace in the 10th and 11th where he was able to sneak in some solid punches . . . but it's too late because JMM has already established so much lead in the scorecards that all he has to do is to remain standing until the 12th round. You just don't win fights doing that. If you want to give yourself a real good chance of winning, you have to ensure that you are getting points per round.

JOM'S
10-22-2004, 02:29 AM
The only way Salido could have won against JMM was to pounce from the starting bell, but they were both to carefull during the fight resulting in that sleeper of a fight....

THRILLAinmanila
10-22-2004, 03:24 AM
St. Clair is craftier than Salido but truly does not have power. St. Clair is a better tuneup mainly because he boasts a better record and has had better caliber of opponents. He has a good chin and hard to hit. A great test for any hard puncher.

Well , better to have a tune-up fight than none ....

psychopath
10-24-2004, 05:16 AM

Yup better than nothing . . . :D but it's not really a good tune up fight . . . St claire's fighting style doesn't come close to the style of JMM or Morales who are most likely PAC'S next opponent. :cool:

m00ks
10-24-2004, 02:53 PM

Yep, but who said Pac would have a tune-up? lol Murad? The guy's been "finalizing" the Pac-St.Clair bout for what, about 3 weeks now? If you ask me it's a lot fo hot air. Manny will be fighting some unknown thai bum cuz those will be the easiest to negotiate when Murad realizes he is out of time.

psychopath
10-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Yep, but who said Pac would have a tune-up? lol Murad? The guy's been "finalizing" the Pac-St.Clair bout for what, about 3 weeks now? If you ask me it's a lot fo hot air. Manny will be fighting some unknown thai bum cuz those will be the easiest to negotiate when Murad realizes he is out of time.

:D Ha . . . ha . . . ha . . . another screw up, he should have just settled for that fight against WBA interim champ . . . Chris John. I don't know if that's going to be possible now . . . as you said "Murad IS OUT OF TIME".

m00ks
10-25-2004, 04:49 PM
:D Ha . . . ha . . . ha . . . another screw up, he should have just settled for that fight against WBO interim champ . . . Chris John. I don't know if that's going to be possible now . . . as you said "Murad IS OUT OF TIME".

My goodness...pso, when was the last time you've heard of a p4p fighter having SOOOOO MANNNYY candi-****ing-dates for a match? ridiculous ain't it?

JMM then MAB then Morales, Chi, Harrison, John, Larios, Guzman, St.Clair, now this 3K Battery (how many 3k battery is there lol). Notice the descent in opposition quality. And STILL Murad can't deliver ****! Next week, he'll announce that Pac's tuneup will be a one-legged midget.

psychopath
10-25-2004, 08:23 PM
My goodness...pso, when was the last time you've heard of a p4p fighter having SOOOOO MANNNYY candi-****ing-dates for a match? ridiculous ain't it?

JMM then MAB then Morales, Chi, Harrison, John, Larios, Guzman, St.Clair, now this 3K Battery (how many 3k battery is there lol). Notice the descent in opposition quality. And STILL Murad can't deliver ****! Next week, he'll announce that Pac's tuneup will be a one-legged midget.

That's right . . . that's right. . . that's why I'm really getting pissed with Murad . . . I can't help it. MOFO MUrad is getting really desperate now because he is about to be AXED. :cool:

Despite these CRAPS and BULL****S . . . Murad cannot cover up the fact that he is indeed an incompetent promoter. :D

THRILLAinmanila
10-25-2004, 08:52 PM

hahaha. seems like your list there is a list of who's who in feather world.... except that moron Murad is messing up Pac's career. poor fighter he's finally facing, am sure he'll beat him up good just to release his restlessness.... :D

Silencer
11-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Pac-StClaire would have happen if the fight is backed up by HBO. It should have been a good fight for Manny before facing the last man standing among the 3M's of Mex...

St. Claire should have tasted his first KO loss, so it's blessing in disguise for him. :)
And it's gonna be a nightmare for Fahsan. :D :D :D

tonygalento
01-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Hey Mooks. I've only just joined and the link you gave to the Gairy st clair video isn't coming up on my computer. It's just a load of stars. Is it possible you could give it to me, as i'm going to the fight with Amir Khan and want to check him out?

Thanks.

rooq
01-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Hey Mooks. I've only just joined and the link you gave to the Gairy st clair video isn't coming up on my computer. It's just a load of stars. Is it possible you could give it to me, as i'm going to the fight with Amir Khan and want to check him out?

Thanks.

you do realise this thread is over 3 years old and the video is probably no longer available?

tonygalento
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
No, I didn't know that. I came across this site while looking for videos of St. Clair, as I couldn't find any on youTube. There was a link to one on this site, but it wasn't complete. Oh well. Guess I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the advice.
All the best.