View Full Version : I just can;t seem to lose the weight.

VulgarTheClown
01-07-2003, 07:54 PM
I got a decent routine some of my friends call it insane.

M/W/F I typically box from 3-7 (at least 2 hours) with a little bit if high rep low weight lifting. then go to JJ for 2 1/2 hours about.

and on days i don;t train i wait tables and basically frun for 3 1/2 hours.

I eat decent my typical meal is a decent sized salad with brocoli,cucumber, letuce, coliflower, green pepers, 8 crutons soy bacon bits, parmesan cheese sliced turkey and light italian dressing.

the way i see if i should be dropping weight like a mother ****er. whats the deal?

seldomTap
01-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Hmmm...my suggestion would be to see a Naturopath or something along those lines and have your body chemistry and insulin levels checked. They may find out something that explains your weight issue and be able to give you advice on how to fix it, dietary ideas outside the norm that will work specifically for your body type.

Perhaps try some cardio in the mornings, before breakfast or anything like that. Something light, walking at a decent pace for instance would do the job of raising your metabolism for the whole day.

handjobs4dollars
01-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Maybee you bodies getting to use to running and doesn't burn as much cals. You could try something else like swimming.

VulgarTheClown
01-08-2003, 01:11 PM
I don't run. but soon i pick up rugby 2 days a week. that might help.

I have lost weight just its pretty slow.

momita
01-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Vulgar, sometimes we lose weight slow because our body is still using any fat cells we have stored, at a slower pace! Thus you reach a plateau of sorts. Try eating fruits with acid, & eat a grapefruit before bed, I swear it works!

VulgarTheClown
01-09-2003, 01:15 AM
grapefruits are gross.

anything else?

my uncle told me oatmeal

momita
01-09-2003, 12:04 PM
LOL, oranges have acid, eat a couple of them before going to bed, lemons too, but brush your teeth after, because the acid from lemons takes the enamel off! (I was told this by a dentist). Don't know about the oatmeal, might work, but the thing with oatmeal is, most people put sugar on it, defeats the purpose, know what I mean? But it is healthy because of the oats. But I think you are a big strong guy who can put up with gross grapefruits long enough to see the results........!!!

Bug Eyed Earl
01-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Vulgar it's patently obvious you've come down with a clinical case of fatty fat fat fat fat.

VulgarTheClown
01-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Mr. Earl i would apriciate it if you treated the training forums with respect and didn't play your silly little games in a serious forum.

Zen
01-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by VulgarTheClown
Mr. Earl i would apriciate it if you treated the training forums with respect and didn't play your silly little games in a serious forum.

I 2nd that motion!

Purity
01-11-2003, 02:12 AM
even though you train a lot, you may wanna focus on strictly cardio.

one quick way is to do as many wind sprints as your body will allow and then immediately jump into the sauna right away. try that a few times every week and see what you get after a month

VulgarTheClown
01-11-2003, 03:09 AM
no sauna to jump into.

should i do more sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks?

Purity
01-11-2003, 04:07 PM
i'd say jump rope before any of that ****. whatever brings you the most cardio. cardio is a lot more important than strength, not only in weight cutting, but in fighting as well.

TKD1
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Have you try INSANITY workout?

holmeslaw
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Remember healthy weight loss should be around 1-2lbs per week, so be patient, it takes time. I've found eating every 2 hours to be really successful for me.
Try this approach on a 6 week eating schedule and see it how it goes...

Eat every 2 hours, small meals & snacks in between. Lots of green tea & water. High protein, moderate carbs (stick to complex carbs - brown breads, potatos, brown rice, wheat pasta, etc), very low / zero sugar & saturated fat.

Breakfast: oatmeal, fruit, cereal, protein shake
2 hours later: banana / fruit
Lunch: Chicken / fish w/ veggies & some carbs (brown pasta, rice) or salad, sandwich on brown bread
2 hours later: protein bar / fruit / veg snack
Dinner: Chicken / fish with veggies only, veggie or white meat omlette w/ egg whites
2 hours later: protein shake

Get at least 2 litres of water daily & plenty of green tea in the morning / afternoon. Choose sugar free & non fat options for dressings and drinks. Just make sure to get sugars from natural sources, mostly fruit. Always exercise after eating carbs, and keep carbs limited to zero after working out, and never eat less 2 hours before bed other than a proetin shake if needed. Hit your body weight in grams of protein if you can too.

The healthier you eat, the more you enjoy the food I think too. Eat what you want one day a week as a treat / reward.

Hope that helps.

Joachim
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Sauna suit? I just saw sauna suit and I want to slap whoever the **** wrote it.

You're looking to burn fat. Not drain water.

Give up on the italian dressing. Learn to eat salad dressingless. Or use something different, Like mustard, or hot sauce. Most salad dressing have more calories than the entirety of the salad itself.

Start running, NOW..

And your uncle is right, Oatmeal, lots of it. Get used to eating it, you may or may not hate it.

Joachim
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Props for JTHM.

holmeslaw
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
my fat burner routine is 20-30 mins light cardio before breakfast on green tea only, glycogens are low, so you're straight into the fat, it's deffo helped cut the fat in addition to my usual training / workout & diet

killsomething
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I got a decent routine some of my friends call it insane.

M/W/F I typically box from 3-7 (at least 2 hours) with a little bit if high rep low weight lifting. then go to JJ for 2 1/2 hours about.

and on days i don;t train i wait tables and basically frun for 3 1/2 hours.

I eat decent my typical meal is a decent sized salad with brocoli,cucumber, letuce, coliflower, green pepers, 8 crutons soy bacon bits, parmesan cheese sliced turkey and light italian dressing.

the way i see if i should be dropping weight like a mother ****er. whats the deal?

Simple. You're not burning more calories than you eat. Eat less or work out more.

killsomething
02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Sauna suit? I just saw sauna suit and I want to slap whoever the **** wrote it.

You're looking to burn fat. Not drain water.

Give up on the italian dressing. Learn to eat salad dressingless. Or use something different, Like mustard, or hot sauce. Most salad dressing have more calories than the entirety of the salad itself.

Start running, NOW..

And your uncle is right, Oatmeal, lots of it. Get used to eating it, you may or may not hate it.

You da man.