View Full Version : Back to Training

wondermut
01-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Now that this bull**** holiday season is over all the places i train are open again, WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SO, I am going to BJJ tonight and will tryout some of the moves i learned in the Sperry tapes. I learned some good turnovers and new subs.

Tomorrow will be the start of my Muay Thai training. So 6days a week of training for me, 3 of those days will be doubles of BJJ and Thai.

I have never stopped at the gym btw.

Bzob
01-02-2003, 05:50 PM
good for you, It feels good to be motivated!

Reading your post motivated me to work harder tonight!

Thank you

seldomTap
01-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I am itching to get on the matt...might have to be monday night at this stage due to work and what not.

I hate the holidays for this reason

wondermut
01-02-2003, 05:57 PM
NP bro, thats what this forum is for. Ill let you know how the transfer of knowledge from tapes to real mat work turns out.

wondermut
01-03-2003, 01:25 AM
Didnt have the chance to use any of the things I learned in those tapes. But for the 1st time I landed the mounted triangle, that makes me happy. I also worked the spider guard ( inside guard, overhead guard) well and landed a sweet kneebar from it.

My submission in general need work. So far (i have only been training for about a month back from a 4yr layoff) I have been working position and technique. I can get out of bad positions well, because I am always in them. My guard pass are improving and so is my guard. I feel that the subs will come with good position. I hope I am right. At this point I just need to roll, the rest will follow.

DOGGx0
01-03-2003, 01:47 AM
i am sooo out of the loop. i have a fight August 23, 2003 and should be atleast at the gym working out since the gym has not been open.

thanks for the motivation. :)

wondermut
01-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Get to work or thatll be you in that rear naked choke!

CrashZero
01-04-2003, 12:22 AM
good to hear you are back at it wonder, I wouldnt get discouraged by the tape thing not working considering the best subs are stikcing to the basics and once you really get those down is when youll see the opportunities for the extras. All the extra subs are their when you cant get ur basics working (rear naked, arm bar, ankle locks etc....)

wondermut
01-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Thanks Crash. Its not that it didnt work, the situation never presented itself.

Did Muay Thai tonight. It was different. I like rolling much better but I have to do it to complete the game. The class itself kicks ass. I must tell you that all of those years of TKD did pay off a bit. My balance, footwork, strength and overall position are still fantastic. The guy who held the bag said I hit like a brick ****house. That felt good!
Also noone could believe that it was my 1st Thai class. Woooohoooo!

James Fulton
01-04-2003, 02:00 AM
keep up the good work bro!

DOGGx0
01-04-2003, 02:01 AM
really man. you are more motivated than they guys who are fighting (me and bzob). thanks for the motivation. reading your **** helps!!!!

kcfman
01-04-2003, 02:15 AM
Keep up the good work! Muay Thai, if your shins arent used to it, the pain will subside in a little while. Does Rickson know what you are doing? hehehehe!!!

wondermut
01-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Missed class due to the flu. Maybe tomorrow.

wondermut
01-15-2003, 11:14 PM
1st class since the flu.......Muay Thai ..was gassed after 10 min...still have no energy. FYI use a nice new set of pads when you have to hold em........ouch

seldomTap
01-16-2003, 02:31 AM
The flu both sucks and blows...can affect you for a while...don't make the mistake of trying to do to much staright away, can actually make you sicker:cuss:

Keep it going though

wondermut
01-16-2003, 01:43 PM
It does..its been about a week of no symptoms except for fatigue. I had to say **** IT and go back. I still cant fininsh my workouts at the gym because i am gassed so quick..oh well....Bjj tonight..i plan on ****in **** up!