View Full Version : How Do Others See....

K-DOGG
12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
you vs. how do you see youself?

Not as "deep" as the "Who are You" thread, just an examination in perception. It's two-part: how do others ususally see you before they get to know you vs how you see yourself?

Pretty simple, aye?

platinummatt!
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Nah man thats definately an important question. I have a goal who I want to be like.

BuddyChacon
12-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Nah man thats definately an important question. I have a goal who I want to be like.

Just like Fonzie huh?

phallus
12-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Not as "deep" as the "Who are You" thread, just an examination in perception. It's two-part: how do others ususally see you before they get to know you vs how you see yourself?

Pretty simple, aye?

not simple at all, that's like asking, " how do u know who likes u in a crowd?"

THE REAL NINJA
12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I never did understand how other people see me. + i'm different depending on where I am and my relationship to that person .

K-DOGG
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
lol!! Okay, okay.

Then hows about sharing a story where you found out how someone else, who didn't really know you, or did know you....thought about you; and compare it to how it really is: where they were right, where they were wrong.

K-DOGG
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I never did understand how other people see me. + i'm different depending on where I am and my relationship to that person .

Aha. Yup, I used to be like that big time, then I got tired of making the effort. I still talk a little different, depending upon whom I'm talking with; but ultimately, I'm always me.

THE REAL NINJA
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Aha. Yup, I used to be like that big time, then I got tired of making the effort. I still talk a little different, depending upon whom I'm talking with; but ultimately, I'm always me.

I'll speak better and use better vocabulary if I am talking to my boss but overall i've always been dif around some ppl . For instance I was trying to be a good boy around one of my ex-girlfriend and would avoid conflict/ fights with ppl when we were out. I got to know her family and had a strong dislike for her inlaws. Well she thought I was some push over and when we'd get into it she would talk up her brother inlaw as some badass which always got under my skin. Then it started with other men until I stepped up and cussed one of her friends like you wouldnt believe.

KingDosia
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
What people think of me.
**** it depends on the situation. And how long they know me. One who has known me for a substantial amount of time think of me the same way I think of my self.
crusader of the under dog, Skeptical, Observant. A little arogant, Hardened. And thoughtful.
for those just meeting me it depends like I said where they catch me. Might think Im an ass hole maybe a saint. I'm too complex for sombody who hasn't been around me for a very long time to figure out.
tricky question

-Antonio-
12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Well I generally act differently depending on if I know people or not. When Im around my friends Im more vocal. Other than that Im quiet and like being alone. So people that dont know me probably see me as boring, shy. Rightfully so, but Im really not. I can actually relate to a lot of people. Im the type of guy who is friends with the goth kid, the hip hop head, the loner, the jock, the nerd etc.

Sin City
12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Most people think I'm Cuban when they first meet me for some weird ****ing reason. They also think I'm serious reserved and quiet because I don't talk much.. But once they get to know me they know I'm pretty laid back and funny. I dunno I don't really like making new friends though... I tend to keep the ones I have had for years and know I can trust and it takes a long time for me to warm up to you.

-Antonio-
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Most people think I'm Cuban when they first meet me for some weird ****ing reason. They also think I'm serious reserved and quiet because I don't talk much.. But once they get to know me they know I'm pretty laid back and funny. I dunno I don't really like making new friends though... I tend to keep the ones I have had for years and know I can trust and it takes a long time for me to warm up to you.

people think Im Mexican but thats just ignorance. Pisses me off really.

Welter_Skelter
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
People mistake my communication skills as intelligence.. so i am often thought of as smarter than I really am..
I also use sarcasm and humour to keep people from REALLY knowing me.. so people tend to think I am a joker.. when in reality I am quite serious ..
I have mastered the neutral look and body language.. SO most people cant read my emotions. so they accuse me of all sorts of things that aren't true at all...

Sin City
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
People mistake my communication skills as intelligence.. so i am often thought of as smarter than I really am..
I also use sarcasm and humour to keep people from REALLY knowing me.. so people tend to think I am a joker.. when in reality I am quite serious ..
I have mastered the neutral look and body language.. SO most people cant read my emotions. so they accuse me of all sorts of things that aren't true at all...
wwaaaaatch ouuuut! that bike is headed tward your head!! aaahhhh

Shanus
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
My friends know me as an easy going jokester, easily pleased and somewhat intelligent, my enemies know me as a force to be reckoned with, easy on the outside.. smoldering on the inside, my teachers knew me as the little boy that could, but didn't.. but ultimately, how do I see myself?

Easily answered, I'm just Shane.

The Noose
12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
My first gf thought i looked arrogant. But that was just me being vain. A bit of a poser wen i was younger.
Im not like that now i dont think. I tend to come across as moody and a little pissed off. Ive been called scary looking. Im not comfortable with 'selling myself' wen meeting new people. Im not chatty, and tend to give off a air of quiet subdued hostility, which is a shame, because im usually dying for some one to talk to me. I am often very awkard in the mingling with new people enviroment.
If i click with someone than great, otherwise it takes some time to see beyond my antisocial thick skin.
My sense of humor is usually too surreal and stupid for people ive just met.
Really i couldnt be more different from scary and hostile. Im actually all warm and gooey.

* FeistyWench *
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM

Pretty simple, aye?

well...i'd say that for the past 18 years or so, i have been told that before they got to know me, i seemed unfriendly and intense. In work situations or in every day situations (doing things that i need to do, not partying or relaxing), I am very focused. i think i subconsciously i put out this vibe that "i can't be arsed". lol! honestly, i hate a lot of the social mannerisms where you have to say good morning or hi or ask people how they are today. so i tend to avoid eye contact and walk very fast like i have something important to do. i hate talking on the phone. if you calll me, you better have a reason. i hate "small talk". so this all attributes to people thinking that i am kinda *****y or unapproachable. however once people get to know me they learn quickly that i am loyal, loving, caring, and a very good listener. i will always be there for my friends and family. i have a very youthful and fun personality but it tends to come out mostly when i am around people that i am comfortable with or if i have been drinking. lol! in reality, i am not intense, at all. i'm a big kid. lol!

phallus
12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
i'm a very ugly man, which is somewhat unusual considering i'm mixed race - mixed race people are almost always the most beautiful u can find. somehow i missed the boat on that, anyway, because i'm ugly and live in time where physical beauty counts for everything, most people i meet are very surprised to find that i'm not near as dumb as i look. sometimes this angers them - where i live in canada is just like texas, everything is either black or white, where a redenck is agood person and someone who looks like me is evil incarnate and stupid. i think these people would be very surprised to see that i'm just a man, not satan. ****, i usually don't reply to threads like these, it reminds me how much i hate my life

K-DOGG
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
i'm a very ugly man, which is somewhat unusual considering i'm mixed race - mixed race people are almost always the most beautiful u can find. somehow i missed the boat on that, anyway, because i'm ugly and live in time where physical beauty counts for everything, most people i meet are very surprised to find that i'm not near as dumb as i look. sometimes this angers them - where i live in canada is just like texas, everything is either black or white, where a redenck is agood person and someone who looks like me is evil incarnate and stupid. i think these people would be very surprised to see that i'm just a man, not satan. ****, i usually don't reply to threads like these, it reminds me how much i hate my life

Dude, you need to move. :(

...and not to sound all gay and ****; but you can't be as "ugly" as you think you are.

phallus
12-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Dude, you need to move. :(

...and not to sound all gay and ****; but you can't be as "ugly" as you think you are.

imagine a younger, less attractive fidel castro, except he's 6'2", i'm 5'9". even my mother would admit i'm not much to look at

TheHoff!
12-19-2006, 07:56 PM

Keep your pecker up son. Theres always some ****er in a worse situation than you.

You could be matt.

K-DOGG
12-19-2006, 07:58 PM
..just one more thought on that.

When I was a kid, I thought I was ugly; and because I was always wearing either bargain clothes, used clothes, or hand-me downs from my cousins, and being a little bigger than most of the kids in my class...or at least I felt that way at the time, I was always picked at in school and developed a real chip on my shoulder which took me years to get rid of. And still, every now and then it comes out if I interpret something someone said "the wrong way". I'm still very quick to get defensive and it's all rooted in dealing with those "better than yous" growing up. :purity:

Damn people like that make my ass ache. :(

Doc, bro....get the **** out of that town if you can man. A fresh start helps sometimes.

K-DOGG
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
imagine a younger, less attractive fidel castro, except he's 6'2", i'm 5'9". even my mother would admit i'm not much to look at

Castro's owned Cuba for how long now, though?

Looks are superficial...and Castro aint' "ugly" persay. Ugly is a frame of mind and it's never a universal construct. Somewhere it's been put in your head, man....that **** stays there forever if you let it.

K-DOGG
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Last thing I'll say on it Doc. Keep your head up. You're too good for that ****; you're quality. Good People you is.

...and **** whoever says otherwise.

I'm done.

phallus
12-19-2006, 08:28 PM

When I was a kid, I thought I was ugly; and because I was always wearing either bargain clothes, used clothes, or hand-me downs from my cousins, and being a little bigger than most of the kids in my class...or at least I felt that way at the time, I was always picked at in school and developed a real chip on my shoulder which took me years to get rid of. And still, every now and then it comes out if I interpret something someone said "the wrong way". I'm still very quick to get defensive and it's all rooted in dealing with those "better than yous" growing up. :purity:

Doc, bro....get the **** out of that town if you can man. A fresh start helps sometimes.

i was really poor too, as a kid... eventually i had to go into boxing because i was getting in too much trouble, i had no where to put all my rage... though it probably doesn't seem like it, i'm much less ****ed up than i was even ten years ago

Azteca
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
sorry to barge in fellas, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. it's all in how you carry yourself. if you carry yourself like you are 2nd rate - then you are 2nd rate...and vice versa. carrying yourself in a confident manner goes along way.

i agree with the beit fiesty wench posted. i am not a big fan of small talk or pointless conversation. i also do not like alot of work situations where greed and fakeness comes out of a lot of people. those are my biggest pet peeves and shows me how materialistic and '****ty (for lack of a better term) this world is becoming.

Welter_Skelter
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
i was really poor too, as a kid... eventually i had to go into boxing because i was getting in too much trouble, i had no where to put all my rage... though it probably doesn't seem like it, i'm much less ****ed up than i was even ten years ago
DUDE.. I am 5'7'' and balding.. I grew up Dirt poor as well. and I am Canadian.. and have lived in Alberta.. so I know the kind of people you are talking about.. And I have lots of YOUNG ladies throwing themselves at me... Its not my looks as MY Avatar will attest..
I am Confident... I think I am sexy.. and therefore so do the girls..
You would be surprised at what a bit of humilty, sensitivity and Humour can do...
Firts thing you need to do is stop thinking UGLY...
Otherwise Sarah Polley will never notice you :p

BuddyChacon
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM

This made me want to cry since Dr Filth is in my top five favorite posters. I hate my life also and I consider myself attractive.

BuddyChacon
12-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Keep your pecker up son. Theres always some ****er in a worse situation than you.

You could be matt.

Don't wish Matt life on anyone. That is just wrong. That wanker is an alright bloke, but he saddens me.

BuddyChacon
12-20-2006, 09:50 AM
We should tell each other what are impressions are of one another. Kdogg-Intellegent, Dr Filth-Funny, Welter-Must be dead sexy cause his wife is a hottie,Myself-I can't move on from the past and it holds me back in my life.

Welter_Skelter
12-20-2006, 10:01 AM
We should tell each other what are impressions are of one another. Kdogg-Intellegent, Dr Filth-Funny, Welter-Must be dead sexy cause his wife is a hottie,Myself-I can't move on from the past and it holds me back in my life.
That is a tough one... Really ****y place to be..
My sympathy:kiss:

BuddyChacon
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
I am not truly over my ex and can't keep a relationship stable. I told my girl I still had feelings for my ex, but I am not sure if she understands.

Welter_Skelter
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
I am not truly over my ex and can't keep a relationship stable. I told my girl I still had feelings for my ex, but I am not sure if she understands.
Well I have an EX I cant entirely let go either..... And I dont tell my wife that.. but she knows anyways..

eazy_mas
12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
It a tricky question here it depend who you ask.

If you ask you enemy or friend you get different thing from every person.

but sometimes there is thing the all accepted part of you charater.

but the most person who knows you is you. Sometimes you know what the bad thing in you but you in denial and wanna the good thing.

if you look closer to yourself everyday and see what action and though you did before going to sleep you know how to act more and the people around you.

* FeistyWench *
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM

i have been described as cute yet i have dated some unattractive men. presonality always come first with me, esp. if you are fun & can make me laugh. there ARE women out there that are not shallow.

* FeistyWench *
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
sorry to barge in fellas, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. it's all in how you carry yourself. if you carry yourself like you are 2nd rate - then you are 2nd rate...and vice versa. carrying yourself in a confident manner goes along way.

i agree with the beit fiesty wench posted. i am not a big fan of small talk or pointless conversation. i also do not like alot of work situations where greed and fakeness comes out of a lot of people. those are my biggest pet peeves and shows me how materialistic and '****ty (for lack of a better term) this world is becoming.

wow! someone actually read my post!!!:banana:

lol! :p

platinummatt!
12-20-2006, 12:02 PM
That can vary........... /\

Mr. Ryan
12-20-2006, 02:38 PM

Pretty simple, aye?

It's weird because I see myself as one thing,but I know myself better than most people. The biggest fear of self-conscious people is that they are easier to read than they'd be comfortable with. I have always thrown up smoke screens to mask who I am because I don't want people to judge me. I didn't have the best self-perception growing up and didnt even realize that was a problem until later. I know look at myself a lot more positively, but I still like to maintain my aura that I'm a normal kid and just like everybody else.

I look at other people and see that they can hide their internal stuff so well, I always hope that I do that good. I don't like sometimes being around people who know me like friends who can be judgemental cuz they know who I am and know all my tricks and secrets.

K-DOGG
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
These days people generally are a little wary of me before I cut up with 'em. My wife told me when she met me she thought of me as a bit of a "bruiser", as she put it. This, I think, is how most people think of me when they meet me. I've been mistaken for a nightclub bouncer on more than one occasion. I suppose it's the defensive shell I built up as a kid...got picked on a lot because I wouldn't fight back; but once I did I had to do it alot to get the point across that I wasn't one to be messed with...and then learned that if you got into somebody's head, you could avoid a fight with just the right look and by saying just the right thing. As a result, I probably subconscious give off this air of unapproachableness.

My sister's mother-in-law once had an interesting take on me. My brother-in-law, who's a big fella, surprised me when I was over at their house by picking me up in a bear hug from behind. His mother later told my sister, "I thought I'd lost my boy for a second 'cause your brother had a look in his eye like a serial killer".

Me, I see myself as pretty laid back and almost passifistic. I'm pretty easy going and will give anyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove they can't be trusted. Once that happens, I rarely trust them again....though I do my best not to harbor any ill feelings anymore. I used to hold grudges for a long time. These days I just try to find a way to be happy while being true to myself.

Mr. Ryan
12-20-2006, 04:04 PM

For real, I grew up a broke midget in Jersey City. That **** makes **** a little rough sometimes. Thats why I fly off the hinges like Joe ****ing Pesci.

BrooklynBomber
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
How do others see me?
I dont know, they dont tell.

THE REAL NINJA
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
well...i'd say that for the past 18 years or so, i have been told that before they got to know me, i seemed unfriendly and intense. In work situations or in every day situations (doing things that i need to do, not partying or relaxing), I am very focused. i think i subconsciously i put out this vibe that "i can't be arsed". lol! honestly, i hate a lot of the social mannerisms where you have to say good morning or hi or ask people how they are today. so i tend to avoid eye contact and walk very fast like i have something important to do. i hate talking on the phone. if you calll me, you better have a reason. i hate "small talk". so this all attributes to people thinking that i am kinda *****y or unapproachable. however once people get to know me they learn quickly that i am loyal, loving, caring, and a very good listener. i will always be there for my friends and family. i have a very youthful and fun personality but it tends to come out mostly when i am around people that i am comfortable with or if i have been drinking. lol! in reality, i am not intense, at all. i'm a big kid. lol!

lol that's me ...

THE REAL NINJA
12-20-2006, 05:42 PM
How do others see me?
I dont know, they dont tell.

On here you seem to be cool,funny, friendly,smart,fun to be around and able to talk about any topic.

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
.............bump...........

OptimusWolf
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Great thread, I miss k-dogg around here, one of my fave posters.

I think a lot of people I know perceive me as sharp and insensitive, as well as a bit arrogant. My nickname was once St.Dean of arrogance because i was very kind but maybe a but patronising at the same time.

The truth is that I'm only seriously guilty of the insensitivity part. Because nothing really riles me I forget that not everyone is the same, and sometimes I'll offend someone with no malicious intent.

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
lol that's me ...

two of a kind :kiss:

MANGLER
12-24-2009, 02:00 AM
As a businessman.

Good peoples are an endangered species nowadays, so I keep my circle of people small. Everybody I meet now meets me thru business for the most part. It's always suit n tie, professional ****, so the 1st impressions are gravy. :mangler: