View Full Version : Evolution: Is it right.

platinummatt!
12-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Today I was arguing with people saying that I dont believe in evolution. I can't remember exactly what I said. I said even if it was realy it doesnt mean god isnt real. That was the other thing they were arguing about the christian god being real.
Was darwin's theory right?

THE REAL NINJA
12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know i'm not god i'm just godish.It makes more sense to me I also feel this it does not discredit the christian belief. Even if we all came from apes god spoke to and made the first 'human' . So my take of this is that god evolved Adam & Eve from apes into his form .

Oasis_Lad
12-15-2006, 03:34 PM
yes,yes it was.

Nacho_Analstain
12-15-2006, 03:40 PM
why dont apes still give birth to humans?

THE REAL NINJA
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM

dif species of ape ?? god used one ape to make humans so only adam & eve's offspring would become human ?? It's all BS ??

Chups
12-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Today I was arguing with people saying that I dont believe in evolution. I can't remember exactly what I said. I said even if it was realy it doesnt mean god isnt real. That was the other thing they were arguing about the christian god being real.

OMG!! I'm also debating with another guy about this **** too.
Darwin's theory is a fraud! Big bang is a dud and most of all Evolution is not science. Believe me.

The Noose
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM

We didnt come from apes. Humans an apes evolved from the same branch of creatures. Or so ive heard. I think.

Beliving in evolution doesnt have ANY impact on whether there is a god.
Evolution and creationism are two different belief structures that oppose each other. I think.

Ive never understood creationism. I see thw world changing around us constantly, and therefore evolution seems to make sense. Who over millions of years species adapt to the changing enviroments.

Sin City
12-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Evolution was not ment to discredit religion. It is also not a belief scientific theories rely on facts and without facts and supporting evidence there is no theory. Darwin paved the way for evolution, some of his observations were correct and we use them even now but the Evolutionary Theory isn't just based on Darwin its based on years and years of study. If you would like to learn about evolution before saying I don't "believe in it" with out knowing the facts read up on Morphological, Molecular, Fossil and Anatomical records or Just pick up a Biology book or a science book and study. Those who say they don't believe often have never studied evolution and don't know. But evolution is supported by the whole scientific community and and example of evolution I can give you is the the flue. every year it mutates so doctors have to keep the vaccines updated to combat the certain flue thats going around if they do not re-adjust the vaccine it will have no effect on it because it will have already mutated or gotten stronger where that vaccine doesn't effect it. All our medicine today is thanks to the study of evolution. So if you don't think evolution is real then don't take medicine when you get sick.

P.S. We did NOT come from apes...we share a common ancestor...Never has a ape given birth to man neither has man given birth to ape. But their genetics are about 98% exactly like ours I think it was...Evolution theres pretty much no denying it!

Sin City
12-15-2006, 04:46 PM
OMG!! I'm also debating with another guy about this **** too.
Darwin's theory is a fraud! Big bang is a dud and most of all Evolution is not science. Believe me.
okay...whats your proof that evolution is not science?? And if it is not science why is it supported by the entire scientific community? Science is not like religion where u can just say I believe this because I believe it!... With science you have to from a hypothesis, gather facts and information, test you hypothesis and when everything adds up then you form the theory. But I would like to hear your thoughts on why it isn't science please :)

Chups
12-16-2006, 09:53 PM
okay...whats your proof that evolution is not science?? And if it is not science why is it supported by the entire scientific community? Science is not like religion where u can just say I believe this because I believe it!... With science you have to from a hypothesis, gather facts and information, test you hypothesis and when everything adds up then you form the theory. But I would like to hear your thoughts on why it isn't science please :)

It was made to look like it is science.....like having a scientific evidence that it happened...but there is none.
For example the bigbang theory. First they thought that the matter that exploded was a couple of lightyears wide....then in the 1970's they said it was just a few hundred miles....then in the eighties they concluded that it was the size smaller than an atom. Actually if you read other cosmic revolution books...they concluded that the matter that exploded was nothing. How you call that science if time, space and matter came from nothing?
Now let's say something exploded (whatever size...depending on the scientist)
Where the hell did that matter came from? Where did the energy came from that made it explode? And what law supports this theory that a matter would explode? Matter, energy and law are just basics of science...yet it cannot be explained where they come from.

Your thoughts?

Sin City
12-16-2006, 10:37 PM
It was made to look like it is science.....like having a scientific evidence that it happened...but there is none.
For example the bigbang theory. First they thought that the matter that exploded was a couple of lightyears wide....then in the 1970's they said it was just a few hundred miles....then in the eighties they concluded that it was the size smaller than an atom. Actually if you read other cosmic revolution books...they concluded that the matter that exploded was nothing. How you call that science if time, space and matter came from nothing?
Now let's say something exploded (whatever size...depending on the scientist)
Where the hell did that matter came from? Where did the energy came from that made it explode? And what law supports this theory that a matter would explode? Matter, energy and law are just basics of science...yet it cannot be explained where they come from.

Your thoughts?
Boy you are confused..The Big Bang theory and the Evolutionary theory are two seperate theories. The Big Bang theory is about how the universe was born or the beginning of it. The Evolutionary theory is about how the species on this earth came about and there is all the evidence you need in what I stated. Like I said look at Morphological, Molecular, Fossil and Anatomical records and DNA and you will see all the proof you need. As of the "the Big Bang Theory" I have not read up on it although I did watch a verry interesting seminar on it that showed why it was not necessary to have a god for the universe to have formed..Unfortunetly I wasn't paying to much attention.. But yah you got two different theories mixed up, religiouse people try to mix these two together so it could take credit away from the other one. As of your thoughts on how the universe was formed if you have a better theory then the big bang and would like to state your thesis I would like to hear it. I do know that space itself space itself has expanded with the passage of time carrying the galaxies with it...And that has something to do with the big bang theory and I will look into the theory myself...As well so should you, But remember to look at the facts and make sure its coming from a source that un-biased on these things because there is alot of misinformation out there.

platinummatt!
12-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Science has been wrong before, why not now? And... what if god put that theory here to test our faith? Anyway... yeh why did some apes evolve and not other, why would natural selection do that?

platinummatt!
12-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Didnt darwin say something about an organ that couldnt have come from natural selection would cause his theory to completely collapse or something...

* FeistyWench *
12-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Evolution was not ment to discredit religion. It is also not a belief scientific theories rely on facts and without facts and supporting evidence there is no theory. Darwin paved the way for evolution, some of his observations were correct and we use them even now but the Evolutionary Theory isn't just based on Darwin its based on years and years of study. If you would like to learn about evolution before saying I don't "believe in it" with out knowing the facts read up on Morphological, Molecular, Fossil and Anatomical records or Just pick up a Biology book or a science book and study. Those who say they don't believe often have never studied evolution and don't know. But evolution is supported by the whole scientific community and and example of evolution I can give you is the the flue. every year it mutates so doctors have to keep the vaccines updated to combat the certain flue thats going around if they do not re-adjust the vaccine it will have no effect on it because it will have already mutated or gotten stronger where that vaccine doesn't effect it. All our medicine today is thanks to the study of evolution. So if you don't think evolution is real then don't take medicine when you get sick.

P.S. We did NOT come from apes...we share a common ancestor...Never has a ape given birth to man neither has man given birth to ape. But their genetics are about 98% exactly like ours I think it was...Evolution theres pretty much no denying it!

there is no denying that humans continue to evolve and adapt

Chups
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Boy you are confused..The Big Bang theory and the Evolutionary theory are two seperate theories. The Big Bang theory is about how the universe was born or the beginning of it. The Evolutionary theory is about how the species on this earth came about and there is all the evidence you need in what I stated. Like I said look at Morphological, Molecular, Fossil and Anatomical records and DNA and you will see all the proof you need. As of the "the Big Bang Theory" I have not read up on it although I did watch a verry interesting seminar on it that showed why it was not necessary to have a god for the universe to have formed..Unfortunetly I wasn't paying to much attention.. But yah you got two different theories mixed up, religiouse people try to mix these two together so it could take credit away from the other one. As of your thoughts on how the universe was formed if you have a better theory then the big bang and would like to state your thesis I would like to hear it. I do know that space itself space itself has expanded with the passage of time carrying the galaxies with it...And that has something to do with the big bang theory and I will look into the theory myself...As well so should you, But remember to look at the facts and make sure its coming from a source that un-biased on these things because there is alot of misinformation out there.

Oh....I'm not confused. There are six different meanings of evolution. If we are talking about the origin of time and space that is what we call cosmic evolution. If you want to talk about origin of life that is the Organic evolution.
If want to talk about how we ended up as ourselves...that is the macro evolution.

Which one did you wanna talk about? (which six?)

Sin City
12-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Didnt darwin say something about an organ that couldnt have come from natural selection would cause his theory to completely collapse or something...

Matty read my threads dude, I don't think you did. Science is a bunch of facts compiled to make a theory... IT IS NOT A "BELIEF" A scientific theory can and have been wrong before do to faulty testing or lack of evidence but you can always go back and correct a mistake because of this...Religion has been wrong way more times, But yet you still believe in it and they don't change their views because they are wrong! Maybe your to young to understand I don't know...But their is way to much evidence of evolution that it is not discreditable because it is fact.[there might be a little dint here and there but as a whole it stands firm] And I have said before THE EVOLUTIONARY THEORY IS NOT ONLY BASED ON DARWIN Darwin paved the way...Since then there has been more studies, tests around the world and no matter what part of the world they all agree it is fact. We might never know somethings about this universe but you have to be willing to say I don't know then to try and create something or a belief to try and justify our lack of knowledge... Like I said before...The Flue take a look at it, it mutates and evolves every year thats why you have to keep updating and upgrading vaccines.

Sin City
12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh....I'm not confused. There are six different meanings of evolution. If we are talking about the origin of time and space that is what we call cosmic evolution. If you want to talk about origin of life that is the Organic evolution.
If want to talk about how we ended up as ourselves...that is the macro evolution.

Which one did you wanna talk about? (which six?)
We can talk about Macro and Organic if you like.. Butlet me just point out no matter how much religion has tried to discredit it or tear the theory down its has stood firm and hasn't even budged because it is fact. Scientists all over the world all don't agree on it for nothing...And it takes a lot of evidence to get them all to except that ****.

Chups
12-17-2006, 02:36 PM
there is no denying that humans continue to evolve and adapt

There is no evidence that the humans evolved from another kind of animal.
Why and what is the purpose of this evolving? Not 1 science book will explain to you how we became. A dog will not bear a cat............not in a million/billion years, or will ever bear any kind of animal that is not a dog.

Chups
12-17-2006, 02:38 PM
We can talk about Macro and Organic if you like.. Butlet me just point out no matter how much religion has tried to discredit it or tear the theory down its has stood firm and hasn't even budged because it is fact. Scientists all over the world all don't agree on it for nothing...And it takes a lot of evidence to get them all to except that ****.

But there is no fact. It's all lies that some people have made....that made it into our science books. It's an even bigger brainwash than religion. :D

Sin City
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
But there is no fact. It's all lies that some people have made....that made it into our science books. It's an even bigger brainwash than religion. :D

:dunce: If you honestly believe that I might as well not bother discussing it because no matter how much I present or anyone else presents evidence to you, you will always say there is lack of evidence. "A dog will not bear a cat" No where in evolution does it say that you have your stories wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Evolution:a) a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state b) the historical development of a biological group (as a race or species). Look at Molecular, Anatomical, Morphological, Fossil records and DNA and study on it before you say there is "NO" evidence. Then come back and talk to me about it. Don't be afraid to study something without drawing conclusions first! And when I mean study I mean don't look at any misleading biased Info such as books like Of Pandas and People, witch is probably what you have been doing and it is why you think evolution is not fact.

Sin City
12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
This type of **** scares me..Instead of moving forward as a civilization we are being drawn back because of religious doctrine and people who believe that Science and Religion are at war. Science was not made to discredit Religion, Because the Old Testament drew conclusion on how the universe was formed with out facts Science has pretty much had to pay for it. Chubs you may not "believe" in it but you can thank it every time you get a cold or go to the doctors and he prescribes a medicine to you. With out the study of evolution we would not have that... I suppose you don't believe in medecin either though and pray your sicknesses away.

Samuel F.
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Chupps, you watched that video by that religous zealot. Something like "101 Reasons why Evolution is Stupid." I watched the first 10 minutes of that video and concluded that the guy is retarded. I didn't even get to the part about evolution. He was talking about conservation of momentum. Which means if you're like twirling around a rope with a ball on the end in a counter clockwise motion if the ball flies off, the ball will also go in a counter clockwise motion. So the guy was saying , "the ball of matter that started the Big Bang was spining in clockwise rotation (or counterclockwise i don't remember), then why do all of our planets spin in a counterclockwise rotation?" I immediatly hit the ****ing computer out of anger, because the planets don't ****ing spin because of the goddamn Big Bang, they spin because of ****ing gravity. ****ING GRAVITY YOU MORONIC ****TARD.

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6814048597272982882

Here it is.

Sin City
12-17-2006, 05:41 PM
If you found that video funny watch this one:
****ing Kirk Cameron or whatever his name is on The Way Of The Masters
Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwbhAXe5yk

I was cracking up when I first saw this...I wonder what his explanation for pinnaples is?? lol

:banana: <------ Atheists worst nightmare lol

I'm not done watching that video you posted btw.

Samuel F.
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Link:

I was cracking up when I first saw this...I wonder what his explanation for pinnaples is?? lol

Ha i've seen that one. I mean trying to disprove evolution and the big bang etc. is all fine and dandy, but some of the stupid **** people think up...and yes the video very long....

The Noose
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
There is no evidence that the humans evolved from another kind of animal.
Why and what is the purpose of this evolving? Not 1 science book will explain to you how we became. A dog will not bear a cat............not in a million/billion years, or will ever bear any kind of animal that is not a dog.

Do u believe in creationism?

Chups
12-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Chupps, you watched that video by that religous zealot. Something like "101 Reasons why Evolution is Stupid." I watched the first 10 minutes of that video and concluded that the guy is retarded. I didn't even get to the part about evolution. He was talking about conservation of momentum. Which means if you're like twirling around a rope with a ball on the end in a counter clockwise motion if the ball flies off, the ball will also go in a counter clockwise motion. So the guy was saying , "the ball of matter that started the Big Bang was spining in clockwise rotation (or counterclockwise i don't remember), then why do all of our planets spin in a counterclockwise rotation?" I immediatly hit the ****ing computer out of anger, because the planets don't ****ing spin because of the goddamn Big Bang, they spin because of ****ing gravity. ****ING GRAVITY YOU MORONIC ****TARD.

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6814048597272982882

Here it is.

LOL!! These are the answers that I like :D ......but I wish you went to the whole video on that link...and tell me or disprove why you think he's retarded. :D He made some points on that video.

Chups
12-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Do u believe in creationism?

Creationism doesn't have evidences either. :D

Chups
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Link:

What the **** was that? That was awful to watch.....LOL. He didn't make anypoint. :D

The Noose
12-17-2006, 07:17 PM
What the **** was that? That was awful to watch.....LOL. He didn't make anypoint. :D

So wat do u believe?!! lol

Scientists are liars, religion brianwashes people, and creationism has no evidence. So what is ur theory?

Chups
12-17-2006, 07:39 PM
So wat do u believe?!! lol

Scientists are liars, religion brianwashes people, and creationism has no evidence. So what is ur theory?

LOL.....Looks like we only have 2 choices huh? Evolution and creationism....LOL. :D

As for me...I'm waiting for something or somebody who would convince me on which one is the real thing. Some evidences would help........like one person is saying here.....they can also both be true.

Sin City
12-17-2006, 08:10 PM
LOL.....Looks like we only have 2 choices huh? Evolution and creationism....LOL. :D

As for me...I'm waiting for something or somebody who would convince me on which one is the real thing. Some evidences would help........like one person is saying here.....they can also both be true.
Hey atleast your view isn't biased I guess. Its okay to say I don't know... I don't know about how the universe was created I wasn't there and I have never read up on the Big Bang theory so Im not gonna take or form an opinion on that..But I do believe in evolution when it comes to the species.. Anyway that video I posted didn't prove anything..Those two guys make videos with that type of logic to disprove science.

Samuel F.
12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL!! These are the answers that I like :D ......but I wish you went to the whole video on that link...and tell me or disprove why you think he's retarded. :D He made some points on that video. I cannot stand to watch 2 hours of that.... I told you why I think hes retarded.

In the end I really don't wanna get into a debate on evolution, a year ago I went through debating phase and well i've had enough. It gets you nowhere. I just wanted to point out that some of the things you were saying sounded alot like some of the things the guy in the video said, and that everything that guy says should be tooken with a grain of salt and lots of skeptism.

THE REAL NINJA
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Link:

Apes love nanners too "peeleft:

Sin City
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I cannot stand to watch 2 hours of that.... I told you why I think hes retarded.

In the end I really don't wanna get into a debate on evolution, a year ago I went through debating phase and well i've had enough. It gets you nowhere. I just wanted to point out that some of the things you were saying sounded alot like some of the things the guy in the video said, and that everything that guy says should be tooken with a grain of salt and lots of skeptism.
I watched it all...Found it a little funny.. Guy was retarded though, Hes like Science has no evidence yap yap yap the bible says this and that and thats how it is but offers no evidence of his theories and the bibles either lol Yeah I'm getting to that point where I am not even gonna debate no more because at the end of the day people will believe what they will no matter how much proof or evidence there is.

Chups
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I watched it all...Found it a little funny.. Guy was retarded though, Hes like Science has no evidence yap yap yap the bible says this and that and thats how it is but offers no evidence of his theories and the bibles either lol Yeah I'm getting to that point where I am not even gonna debate no more because at the end of the day people will believe what they will no matter how much proof or evidence there is.

One thing is true...he succeeded in questioning why evolution is a fluke but at the same time I agree with you that if he was the one being questioned he would not have any answer either. :D

Sin City
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
One thing is true...he succeeded in questioning why evolution is a fluke but at the same time I agree with you that if he was the one being questioned he would not have any answer either. :D
alot of that info on the vid was misleading though

Chups
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
alot of that info on the vid was misleading though

Can you please point it out. All of them pls. I will appreciate it, thanks.

Sin City
12-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Can you please point it out. All of them pls. I will appreciate it, thanks.
Carbon dating, Fossils and the Grand Canyon I am not about to sit here and go through the whole thing trying to decifer it...I have a life and am not a scientist but I will look for some links later and post them because I have read on the same subject before

The Noose
12-18-2006, 09:29 AM

But why do u think scientists are liars? Based on what.

I dont think the theory of evolution is based on rock solid evidence. Its a theory that makes more sense than any other.

MANGLER
03-31-2010, 02:06 AM

I never worry about it much.

We here. Thats all that matters really.

Hi-Dro
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
yeah its right
theres to much evidence to back it up