View Full Version : Life after death

eazy_mas
12-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Most people who have religion belive in life after death. and for the people of the book ( judsim, christianity and islam) they belive in Heaven and Hell but what do aethies belive after the death?

what will happen? nobody is going to live forever in this life.

Oasis_Lad
12-13-2006, 05:33 AM
i think people want to believe in life after death to give them self some form of comfort.

i personallly think your brain just shuts down and thats it over with. like eternal sleep without dreams

eazy_mas
12-13-2006, 06:47 AM
i think people want to believe in life after death to give them self some form of comfort.

i personallly think your brain just shuts down and thats it over with. like eternal sleep without dreams

so what is the used of living? because you are going to die anyway and if you have rich or poor you dead anyway so why live longer?

Oasis_Lad
12-13-2006, 06:58 AM
so what is the used of living? because you are going to die anyway and if you have rich or poor you dead anyway so why live longer?

what has being rich or poor got to do with death

richness becomes upper class-ness which is a purely a social standing thing and imo is purely superficial.

i can't explain what force started the universe but i honestly think life is all we have and that it has no meaning and that we should just try to live it to it's fullest in the best way we can.

Welter_Skelter
12-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Why does everyone insist this all has a meaning?
It very well might have meaning..
But maybe not on a level the human mind can comprehend..
I do not believe life is an accident or random..
But our lives are random.. as are our deaths
I hope I am wrong
But all evidence points towards death being the end of your existence
It means value your time.. and dont take anything for granted

The Noose
12-13-2006, 07:25 AM

It can be seen in the opposite way:
What is the point of living if u believe in eternal life? If u know u are going to live forever in the afterlife, than do u just sit and pray and wait for death? Of course not.

Not that i subscribe to that view. But in any given day u try to do as much as u can because u know the day only has so many hours in it.
Life is so sacred because we are only given one shot, and the knowledge that we will die one day should make us really appreciate the time we have with each other.

For me, life is just an amazing experience. I dont have to believe in another life awaiting me if i make as much as i can out of this one.
The fact that life is constantly changing, and we dont know wats around the corner means there are no limitations to wat may happen.
I cant imagine an eternal afterlife. As much as i love a song or film, i wouldnt want to watch or listen to it over and over again forever.

"Life is like a box of chocolates.....u eat one, it tastes great but then u break out into a rash and wish u were ****ing dead, then recover and eat another, and it all happens again until u realize instead of eating the chocolates, u can throw them at people from the top of a car park".:ghost:

The Noose
12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
For me the true afterlife is to do with 'completion'. The life cycle of a fly. As humans we mostly take alot from the world without giving much back, yet wen we die we become one with nature. We give our bodies up as hosts to many creatures, especially insects, beetles, and flies. ITS NATURE!!
Id like my flesh to reach its natural conclusion.

"This is my body given for you; (Luke 22:19b).
"For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? (Luke 22:27-30)

We literally grow wings and fly away.

Yogi
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm not either an aethies nor a religious type, but my idea of "life after death" in the simpliest terms is along the lines of how people talk about & remember you after you're gone, the children you leave behind (direct descendants of you), and things of that nature.

platinummatt!
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
I believe in Heaven as I am a christian. Life is precious either way.

LOLORSKATES
12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Athiest*** To me your spirit just dies and you rot in the ground..

eazy_mas
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
for me human being comes in stages. life, death , judgment and then heaven or hell.

Everything in you life you prepare it for you death because once you die you cant do any deed. so for any person of religion remeber that every possiable time you going to die and that is the way how to look at it and make you stronger because you dont want to die drunk or having sex or sucide.

the point about rich and poor is that death takes them all if you where very rich when you die the only thing that goes with you to the grave is you deed. all these money you have wont help.

but to understand more about death you must know more about life and why do what is the purpose your here. you could work in a place and have a family but what is the meaning of this.

MANGLER
12-26-2009, 04:48 AM
Most people who have religion belive in life after death. and for the people of the book ( judsim, christianity and islam) they belive in Heaven and Hell but what do aethies belive after the death?

what will happen? nobody is going to live forever in this life.

I think the world just goes on without you. No afterlife.