View Full Version : Khan dissapointing

The Surgeon
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I still think he will go all the way but not his best performance 2 say the least! Probably do him good tho

The Raging Bull
12-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it was a decent performance and we are expecting too much from him. Remember he is only 20!

He didn't rush in against this guy like he normally does, which is a good thing. He kept his cool.

Khan also showed how adept he is with his combos and really impressed me in that department, even though you can tell he is still only a prospect. (Went a bit wild at times).

His chin looked quite good too. He was caught flush a few times and it didn't really bother him, although he went headhunting after he was hit. This again just shows that he is a bit green at the moment.

All in all, if it had been a different fighter and not the hyped Khan, it would be looked on as a decent performance.

Southpaw Stinger
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I think it was a decent performance and we are expecting too much from him. Remember he is only 20!

He didn't rush in against this guy like he normally does, which is a good thing. He kept his cool.

Khan also showed how adept he is with his combos and really impressed me in that department, even though you can tell he is still only a prospect. (Went a bit wild at times).

His chin looked quite good too. He was caught flush a few times and it didn't really bother him, although he went headhunting after he was hit. This again just shows that he is a bit green at the moment.

All in all, if it had been a different fighter and not the hyped Khan, it would be looked on as a decent performance.

I know khans only 20 but tyson was a world champ at 20. Khans been boxing since he was like 8 or somthing so it's not like he hasn't had long to learn. His defense is pretty **** and he was lucky that he was in with a guy who couldn't punch.

Oasis_Lad
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
I know khans only 20 but tyson was a world champ at 20. Khans been boxing since he was like 8 or somthing so it's not like he hasn't had long to learn. His defense is pretty **** and he was lucky that he was in with a guy who couldn't punch.

i agree

the guy threw 20 punches a round and still landed

Liaison
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
**** that boy can be lazy with his jab

The Raging Bull
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM

All good points, but Tyson was a phenomenon and it's wrong to compare Khan to Tyson, because Tyson was extremely rare.

And the pro's are totally different to the amateur's and Duke Mackenzie stated that everything is a learning curve for Amir at this point and I feel maybe he is being too harshly judged at such an early age.

But I agree, his defense could of and should of been better.

MickyHatton
12-09-2006, 07:41 PM
He did Ok, this was his first ten rounder and he had stepped up a weight and still won comfortably on the cards!

As I have said before, lets not get carried away until he has matured into his mid twenties and has at least 20 fights under his belt.

At this stage he is a good prospect and this performance was excellent if you look at it in that perspective!

The Surgeon
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Yeah mabey we are a bit critical of the hot young PROSPECTS! His chin held up well too but the dude had feather fists! I think Khan coulda hurt him more with more body work, sum of the body shots in the early rounds seemed to SLIGHTLY bother him.

The Raging Bull
12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah mabey we are a bit critical of the hot young PROSPECTS! His chin held up well too but the dude had feather fists! I think Khan coulda hurt him more with more body work, sum of the body shots in the early rounds seemed to SLIGHTLY bother him.

Yeh Khan's bodywork was garbage but when he went to the body, his opponent looked uncomfortable.

Southpaw Stinger
12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I think this fight might make Khan realise that a world title next year is a bit of a steep slope for him. Unless he fights for some ****e vacant WBU belt or somthing.

The Raging Bull
12-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I think this fight might make Khan realise that a world title next year is a bit of a steep slope for him. Unless he fights for some ****e vacant WBU belt or somthing.

I agree with you here. He isn't ready to fight for a major world title just yet and it'd be foolish to rush him.

Mackenzie was going on about the WBU belt that Khan could fight for. I personally think maybe he should just to bouild up his confidence.

Jazzy Paul
12-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Gut instinct has always served me well and on tonight's performance Khan will never win a genuine world title.

Manfredo Jr
12-09-2006, 08:01 PM

yeah i agree, khan was saying after the fight that he has shown he has a good chin, my arse! the guy got him with like 10 clean shots if your lucky, and plus that guys never had a ko win!
i got told khans been training pro since he was 16.

Hes good , but hes deffinatly no Prince naseem , that path is out the window

gangland_kingpi
12-09-2006, 08:03 PM

You said absolutely everything I wanted to say in this post, I agree with every point. Impressive combo's and a decent chin although Drilzane isn't exactly a powerful puncher but Khan's main flaw tonight was the fact that he dropped his guard quite a bit.

A good learning experience all told, he will only get better.
:boxing:

The Raging Bull
12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
You said absolutely everything I wanted to say in this post, I agree with every point. Impressive combo's and a decent chin although Drilzane isn't exactly a powerful puncher but Khan's main flaw tonight was the fact that he dropped his guard quite a bit.

A good learning experience all told, he will only get better.
:boxing:

Yep I totally agree with you mate.

Southpaw Stinger
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah i agree, khan was saying after the fight that he has shown he has a good chin, my arse! the guy got him with like 10 clean shots if your lucky, and plus that guys never had a ko win!
i got told khans been training pro since he was 16.

Hes good , but hes deffinatly no Prince naseem , that path is out the window

Naz had one punch KO power. Khan does not.

There are a heap of differences between the two.

Manfredo Jr
12-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Naz had one punch KO power. Khan does not.

There are a heap of differences between the two.

after his 1st few fights i though he was gonna be similar to naz

Southpaw Stinger
12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
after his 1st few fights i though he was gonna be similar to naz

I think most guys did but they are growing apart I think. I don't think Khan will ever be as much of a force as Naz was.

Manfredo Jr
12-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I think most guys did but they are growing apart I think. I don't think Khan will ever be as much of a force as Naz was.

yeah he deffinatly wont be IMO. if he gets in with some one who can bang , he wont have to worry about his feet getting caught in the ropes.

Shanus
12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
This was a good performance, he got caught a couple of times and he proved that he's not invulnerable, but he stepped up, and even though his opponents record wasn't all that.. it's quite clear that he came to fight.. and that he did.

The KD was bull****.

rooq
12-10-2006, 03:26 AM
this just shows that he shouldn't be fighting at light-welterweight. he did ok imo..this is probably the first time he's been in with someone confident enough not to back off khan and really have a go, so its just given him something else to think about and work on. i agree that khan would have been in trouble if the french guy had more power.

at this weight khan isn't knocking anyone out...he looks like, and is a lightweight. maybe in a few years he can grow into a light-welter, but not now.

i think **** the ibf inter-continental and go looking for a domestic or euro title at lightweight next year, and world the year after.

col Blake
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
domestic is always the best route, thats where you learn your trade gain confidence, then he should ship himself stateside for better training, get proper sparring partners over now for him.
seems like everyone has a title now Intercontinelal titles are a joke they should be left to the WWE.