Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Florante Condes is Ready For The Challenge of Budler

By Carlos Costa

Former IBF world champ Florante Condes, aka "The Little Pacquiao" of Looc, Romblon comes back to the ring with the tough mission to challenge champion Hekkie Budler for the IBO minimumweight world title on September 22 at the Emperor's Palace in Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa, confirmed today international matchmaker Brico Santig of Highland Boxing.

"After months away from boxing, Condes will fight for the IBO world title in South Africa. It's not easy fight, but it's also a great chance for Condes to become a world champion again. So he has been training hard at the Highland Gym in La Trinidad, Benguet, with trainer former Filipino champ Alan Alegria," said Santig to Philboxing.

In preparation for his coming big battle, Condes has already completed a month of rigorous training, which has included effective sparring sessions with stablemates Alvin Bais, Mateo Handig, Roilo Golez, Jay Estremos and Rey Megrino.

In his last fight in June of last year in Bangkok, Florante Condes lost a 12-round unanimous decision to undefeated thai Wanheng Menayothin (23-0, 7KO's).

Then, a minor accident while playing basketball kept "The Little Pacquiao" out of the ring for nearly a year.

"But now everything is OK, the long rest was good for Condes and his daily sparring sessions are really getting him in top shape," shared Santig whose boxing promotions company is based in La Trinidad.

Despite the inactivity, Santig and trainer Alegria are confident that the veteran 32-year-old Florante Condes has the experience, will and boxing talent required to grab the championship belt from the fresher South African world champ Hekkie Budler, eight years younger than Condes, who will be making the first defense of his world title.

Hekkie Budler (20-1, 6KO's) won the vacant IBO minimumweight (105 lbs) belt in a 12-round unanimous decision victory over Filipino Michael Landero in September of last year in Kempton Park, South Africa.

Prior to that success, Budler was the IBO light flyweight (108 lbs) world champ, a vacant title that he won from filipino Juanito Rubillar in February of 2010.

Florante Condes (25-6-1, 21KO's), will be assisted in his IBO title fight against Budler by cornermen Apolinar Valencia and Brico Santig.

The trio will travel to South Africa on September 15.

Tags: Hekkie Budler image  
User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Post a Comment - View More User Comments (0)
Top Headlines Klitschko Coach Says Everyone Will Be Shocked After Joshua Fight Nacho: Juan Manuel Marquez Has Not Retired, Wants To Fight Memo: Chavez Jr. Will Be Stronger, No Weight Issues For Canelo Thurman-Garcia: Narvaez vs. Rodriguez Clash is Eyed For Card Rob Brant Stops Alexis Hloros in First at Grand Casino in Hinckley Canelo vs. Chavez is a Fight Boxing Needed, Says De La Hoya David Haye: Chris Eubank Jr. is a Force, He Will Go All The Way Canelo vs. Chavez: Positive Talks Ongoing With MGM, Jerry Jones Conlan Hopes For 'Dream Fight' With Carl Frampton in The Future Top Rank Prez Eyes Deontay Wilder vs. Joseph Parker Unification Jacobs: Most Guys are Beaten Mentally When They Face Golovkin Frampton Expects Rematch With Leo Santa Cruz To Be Easier Tomoki Kameda Returns To Japan on March 10, Faces Tawatchai Carl Greaves Looks Back On 2016, Is Excited About 2017 Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Mandatory Double Eyed For March 11 De La Hoya: Canelo Beating Chavez Jr. Will Not Satisfy The Critics Cedric Vitu Retains EBU Title, Decisions Isaac Real in Levallois Horn Warns Pacquiao, Top Rank Not To Look Beyond April Fight Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing WBA Champ Ortiz Wins Decision Over Ramos in Mexico City Robert Garcia: Canelo Has A lot More To Lose in Chavez Jr. Bout Hairon Socarras Training Hard in Miami For February 3 Return Zab Judah Returns, Blasts Out Munguia in Two Rounds Jose Pedraza Confident That He Will Return Strong at Lightweight Javier Fortuna Ready - Targets Sosa, Corrales, Lomachenko Alvarez vs. Chavez Rematch is Being Planned For March 11 Miguel Cotto: Juan Manuel Marquez Fight is Very Viable Bradley Pryce Announces Retirement After Defeat Robbie Davies Jr. Crushes Zoltan Szabo, Retains WBA Regional Patrick Nielsen, Dina Thorslund Win Decisions, Khattab Shocked Bellew: 'Ego Maniac' David Haye Better Hope He Ends Me in Four Beterbiev: Barrera Proved To Be a Real Fighter, He Agreed To Fight Luis Cruz Admits He Was Close To Retirement Before Easter Shot Mundine: When I Beat Danny Green - Call Me Black Houdini! Frank Warren: Liam Walsh Ready, He Can Beat Gervonta Davis! Frampton Expects Another Fan Friendly Fight Against Santa Cruz Curtis Stevens Sure Hand Injury Fully Healed for Lemieux Fight Garcia, 2-1 Underdog vs. Thurman: 'I Guess Vegas Don’t Like Me' Frank Warren on The James DeGale vs. Badou Jack Outcome Early Results Are In: BoxingScene Ratings Update
Advertisement
Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement