|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
7 Essential Reasons You Should Have a Home Gym
The home gym is an amazing resource that you should be taking advantage of. Between hectic schedules to the non-sense going on in commercial gyms, home gym training is the safe-haven for people looking to train in a manner that actually produces results. There are many reasons why you should have a home gym and I encourage you to read on as one of these reasons could be very pertinent to your individual situation.
1. Life Gets In The Way: It is always a good idea to have a contingency plan. Sometimes despite our best laid plans, life gets in the way and unforeseen obstacles can interrupt your training schedule. Having a home gym that you can rely on will ensure that you can fit in your training sessions and stay on track despite the uncertainty of life.
2. Home Gym Training Fits Your Schedule: If you have a home gym you don't have to worry about driving to the commercial gym and fitting training into your schedule. Quoting Coach John Davies, "It doesn't make sense to drive 40 minutes to the gym to workout for 20 minutes only to drive another 40 minutes back home!"
By training at home you can also completely avoid the busy times at the local so-called "fitness center." Having your own home gym gives you the freedom to train when you want to train.
3. A Training Environment That You Enjoy: A key benefit of having your very own home gym is that you get to set up a training environment that you enjoy. No need to worry about dropping the weights on the floor a little too loudly and scaring the people doing the machine circuit.
There is also no need to suffer through Britney Spears signing "hit me baby one more time" while performing Squats and no need to stifle your primal yells during your next set of squats so as not to offend others. In your home gym you can play whatever music you like at whatever volume you like. You can put up posters and pictures that motivate you and set up your home gym in a way that is conducive to your Renegade training style.
4. Focus: One key benefit of having a home gym is to avoid the distractions found in most chain gyms. I recently interviewed Coach Dan John and he said the following, "Look. I could train at a chain gym in Las Vegas so that I could look at all of the beautiful girls working out but if I really want to get something accomplished during my training session I will continue training in my garage gym so that I can achieve the results I am looking for." As someone who is looking to achieve real results you need to focus on the task at hand and training in your own home gym can help you keep your mind focused on hard training. Once you try home gym training you may never go back to training in a commercial gym (if you can help it).
5. Privacy: If you have your own home gym you can train how ever you want and invite whoever over to train with you. You also don't have to worry about dress-code and you can train barefoot without being yelled at. It is also nice not to be stared-at the entire training session and to avoid people hitting on you every time you go to them gym (some people are shameless at some of these commercial gyms!).
6. Save Money On A Gym Membership: Let's face it. Gym memberships can be expensive. I encourage you to calculate how much you spend on your gym membership every year. For some people this total approaches a thousand dollars! Now fast forward ten years and total up how much you have spent on a gym membership.
Wow! That total adds up to a staggering number for some people! The great thing about getting into training that works is that when you develop an in-depth understanding of the key training concepts that knowledge allows you to achieve phenomenal results from the simplest and cheapest equipment. You could conceivably save yourself many thousands of dollars by slowly building up your very own home gym over time. I address what equipment actually has value in my e-book and newsletter available at www.HomeGymSecrets.com
7. Train with Intensity: Once you learn how to train in a manner that actually produces results you will become very familiar with intensity in your training. Unfortunately, most commercial gym goers are not.
Training with Intensity in a chain gym can lead to disapproving looks from fellow patrons, disruptions in your training plan while waiting for the 14 year old boy to finish performing his set of biceps curls in the power rack, and of course, the thing that bothers me the most is when the local ACE-certified "trainer" comes over and tells me that I should not perform Snatches or Clean because they are "dangerous!" These annoyances can be completely avoided by training in your fully-equipped home gym.
There you have it. I have provided you with seven compelling reasons why you absolutely should have a home gym. Once you get set up your home gym training will allow you to train in a manner that produces results and allows you more versatility in your training.
Train with purpose,
Kyle Battis CSCS, ATC, NSCA-CPT
Kyle Battis owns and operates Professional Fitness Coaching based out of Concord, NH. Kyle specializes in body transformation programs, athletic performance enhancement programs, and home gym training. If you want a collection of ideas to add some variety to your training please visit http://www.HomeGymSecrets.com You'll have access to some amazing audio interviews Kyle has done with top-fitness professionals and you will receive a Free Special Report, "The 7 Biggest Mistakes People Make When Building Their Home Gyms" just for visiting. Kyle can be contact be e-mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear Pores, the Clinically Proven 3-Step Acne Treatment System Recently ... - PR Web (press release)
Treadmill Reviews - Helping You Find The Best Treadmill For YOU!
With a multitude of different treadmills available today, it can be extremely difficult to know which one might be the best one for you - it can be so overwhelming that you simply don't know where to start! If you go to one of the wide variety of treadmill manufacturer's websites, you will be greeted by a whole array of different models that include a variety of features and characteristics that simply boggle the mind, and inevitably enough, each manufacturer is going to say that theirs is better than all the rest. What you need to help you navigate your way through the overabundance of information is a helpful and unbiased informer, and thankfully, help is not too far away.
Experience The Smooth Ride Of True Treadmills
True treadmills are one of the top of the line treadmills for home or commercial fitness equipment. Exceptional standards of excellence go into the manufacture of each treadmill and each one is tested before it leaves the factory floor.
Why Use Treadmill Belt Lubricant?
Treadmill belt lubricant is one of the most important things to purchase after your treadmill. Most people do not realize just how important treadmill belt lubricant is, but when you think about it, it really is quite logical, as without good maintenance of your machine, it will demise quite rapidly.
How a Bowflex saved a Marriage
I am a recent newlywed, still dumbfounded by the collosal change that becoming married has brought upon myself. While I am thrilled to have such a loving wife, I must admit that one of the first crusades that my wife embarked upon was to establish a fitness regime in her household.
Can I Lose Weight with an Elliptical Trainer?
Many people begin a fitness program to lose weight. Sure, they may add that they want to be healthier by lowering their blood pressure or dropping their cholesterol number, but the real incentive is to loose pounds and inches in order to look better.
Portable Treadmills - For People On The RunPortable Treadmills are a convenience most appreciated by busy people.Manufacturers like Walkmill focus on light folding machines that will set up and fold away quickly.
Have a Ball With Stability Ball Exercise
Whether you call them a stability ball, swiss ball, or exercise ball, there are so many great benefits to exercising with a stability ball in your home workouts.Stability Ball BenefitsBesides providing balance training, (an often overlooked component in most exercise programs) stability balls work your core in almost every exercise that is performed, and work multiple muscles at one time while forcing your body to balance itself.
The Importance of Treadmill Mats?
One important accessory that you will want to get with yournew treadmill is a good treadmill mat. If you are not sureof what a treadmill mat is, then let's take a minute andexamine this.
Elliptical Trainers - Glide Your Way to Good Health
The Diet Exercise DilemmaYour doctor has just told you that you need to lose those 5 extra pounds that you gained over the Holiday Season. It wouldn't sound so bad if you would have taken his advice five years ago.
Home Sweet Treadmill
For those of you trying to stay in shape or shed a few pounds (who isn't?) there are tons of resources. Perhaps you think there's nothing better than outdoor sports to burn up the calories as you feel those wonderful endorphins kicking in.
Buy Cheap Treadmill: Learn How To Make Optimum Use of a Treadmill
Treadmills serve your purpose 24/7 and 12 months a day despite of snow, sun or rain. Without any doubt, treadmills have great utility.
Machines vs Free Weights
I am often asked, what is the best machine for me?, what is the best machine for this or that body part?. The answer that I always give is none.
Vertical Platform Lifts
I wish I would've looked into vertical platform lifts a long time ago. After 18 years of caring for my sweetheart as a full time home caregiver I've learned the hard way about backaches, leg and knee problems with a touch of arthritis, splinter bone and many sleepless nights.
How Trampolines Can Be Used In Competition
The first competitions were held in colleges and schools inthe USA and then in Europe, with the first WorldChampionships being held in London in 1964. Kurt Baechlerof Switzerland and Ted Blake of England were the Europeanpioneers and the first ever televised NationalChampionships were in England in 1958.
Magazine Ratings of Treadmills - Compare Expert Opinions to Get the Best Deal!
Reading magazine ratings of treadmills is a great way to find out what fitness experts are saying about different brands. Buying a treadmill or any exercise machine can be a big investment in your health, so it pays to do your research before you buy.
Stop Kidding - No Home Gyms Allowed
Home GymsNot long ago my wife went shopping for home gyms. No not for her but of all people for me.
Get A Total Body Workout With An Elliptical Machine
Whether you work out at home, on some home gym equipment or you are attending a health club, cardiovascular exercise is an important part of your exercise regime. Elliptical trainers are gaining in popularity both in health clubs all over North America and as machines in people's homes all over.
Choosing an Elliptical Cross Trainer
Elliptical cross trainers have been around for several years and their popularity grows continually. Elliptical cross trainers give you an impact-free, complete workout that seems less stressful than with other types of fitness equipment.
6 Advantages of Free Weights Over Exercise Machines
Meet Sarah.About a year ago, Sarah saw an infomercial about a "multi-unit" workout machine.
Remanufactured Elliptical Trainers - Are They a Good Deal?
There are on-line distributors of fitness equipment who offer both new and remanufactured or refurbished machines. The most common types of remanufactured equipment are treadmills and elliptical trainers.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.