|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
How Do I Find The Best Treadmill For Me?
Treadmills are possibly the most popular type of fitness equipment available today, and this popularity has caused manufacturers to create a sometimes overwhelming choice of models - how on earth do you determine which is the best treadmill for you? While finding the best treadmill is inevitably something of an individual choice, determined by your own particular needs, the input of others, who might have superior knowledge and experience of the wide variety of treadmills available, is extremely valuable. Thankfully, there are many professional treadmill review websites that will have useful suggestions to help you choose a treadmill: best recommended, treadmills best buys, and some of the best-rated treadmills around.
But if the very availability of these reviews is overwhelming in itself, then it is possible to break down some key factors that reviews look for in the best treadmills, helping you to find the treadmills best buys for yourself.
Your first priority in finding the best treadmill for you is making an evaluation of your own fitness needs and goals. While a particular treadmill that you evaluate might be well constructed with a great motor, it will be of little use to you if the running mat is too small to accommodate your stride. So examine any special needs you might have so that you approach your search for the best treadmills from an informed perspective - here are some questions you might ask yourself before you begin:
· What height am I? Do I have particularly long legs? While it might sound silly, this is an important question that will help you find the right treadmill. The running mat size of a treadmill can differ from one machine to another, and taller people usually have a longer stride, requiring more space upon which to run. Exercising will be no fun if you can't stretch your legs!
· What is my weight? Many of us purchase a treadmill to help us lose some weight and shape up, but if you are particularly overweight, you will need to choose a treadmill that will be able to accommodate your weight while still providing a good workout. Most machines will specify their maximum capacity, so it will be easy to find a treadmill that is best recommended for heavier set people.
· Do I want to walk or run? Treadmills are available with different motor strengths, and while a lower horsepower motor will probably be cheaper, you will need a motor of at least 2.0 HP to support regular running. A higher horsepower is also recommended if you will be using your treadmill often, as this will give it a longer life.
· Will I want to get on and run, or will I need some extra features to spice up my workout? While some of the best-rated treadmills might be those that include a variety of hi-tech features, some of the treadmills best buys are the more basic ones. If you prefer to simply get on your treadmill and run without distraction for a half hour, then a more basic model might be best for you, but a treadmill with pre-programmed options and perhaps even interactive technology might be more appropriate for exercisers who like an external challenge.
· Do I have a lot of space in my home? This is an important consideration when choosing a treadmill for your home. Some treadmills can take up quite a bit of space, and you might end up hating the thing if it dominates your home! If you are low on space, choose one of the many folding models available.
· How much money do I want to spend on a treadmill? This is perhaps the most important question of all in helping you narrow down which are the best treadmills for you. Treadmills are available from a couple of hundred dollars right up to several thousand, so deciding your budget in advance can help you limit your search considerably. While it is often said that you get what you pay for, some of the best-recommended treadmills are those that are also great value, so don't assume that a smaller budget will restrict your options enormously. There are a multitude of great reviewing websites available that will offer up their best buys depending on your budget - a quick online search will assure you that you can find a great treadmill no matter what you have to spend.
Once you have an idea of what you are looking for, you are ready to search the reviews for the best treadmill for you. Use the manufacturers own website to find details of the features of each treadmill, but be sure to explore reviews such as consumer reports and popular opinion polls to find out how unbiased sources rate that treadmill you have your eye on.
© 2005 Peter Clark
Newly Appointed President of The Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada ... - SYS-CON Media (press release)
Star Trac TR4500HR Treadmill - A Review
When you're searching for a treadmill for your home or club,you'll find Star Trac treadmills at the top of your shoppinglist, and for good reason. StarTrac has garnered areputation for quality and superior machines since theirappearance on the treadmill scene in the 70's, and hasbecome sort of the Cadillac of treadmills.
Using An Elliptical Trainer For Weight Loss And Fitness
My second favorite form of cardio exercise is using an elliptical trainer (First is mountain biking). Elliptical trainers make your weight loss cardio program quiet, low impact, and challenging.
Treadmills have experienced substantial growth over the years. They are designed to enhance the most popular form of exercising - running and walking.
Developing a Fitness Attitude - A Healthy Weight Loss Program Approach
Exercise is Not a Four Letter WordIt's obvious that the word 'exercise' has more than four letters, but many of us will agree it sounds like a four-letter word.Indeed, many people feel so negatively about exercise, experts often advise using the term 'physical activity' instead.
How to Pick the Right Pair of Running Shoes
Are you ready to start a new healthy habit of running or a seasoned runner looking to replace an old pair of shoes? Either way, it is very important to buy the right pair of shoes for you - not necessarily the ones that are the most technically advanced or on the sale rack!At least for me, it is so tempting to hit the sale rack when I begin my search for new shoes. It kills me to spend anymore than I absolutely have to, but with running shoes, I have found, it is one thing to not spare any expense.
Automatic Dehydration Return Sportswear Sensors
I propose Sportswear, which senses the amount of moisture from sweat, which is coming off the body. Think of a bicycle racer in the Tour de Lance.
Start Moving With Manual Treadmills
Although manual treadmills are much cheaper than motorized treadmills, and are quite popular, they do not have many of the features that people like to see on their exercise equipment. You do get a good workout from manual treadmills, but you also have to supply all the power needed to get them going.
Whats The Best Way To Care For Your Trampoline?
Your trampoline can be an expensive item, so it's importantto properly care for it. Here's some useful tips :* Don't Let Kids sit/stand or play with the frame pads.
Best Elliptical Trainer - Elliptical Secrets of Success
Thinking about purchasing an elliptical trainer? Wondering how an elliptical trainer can help you reach and exceed your fitness goals? Elliptical trainers are one of the best fitness products to be developed in recent years because they are cost effective yet efficient.This article will discuss the benefits of working out with the various elliptical trainers on the market.
How to Buy A Treadmill - Key Points
Finding the best treadmill to buy shouldn't be a difficultthing to do. Treadmills have long been touted as a majorplayer in the health and fitness field and for good reason.
Stop Kidding - No Home Gyms Allowed
Home GymsNot long ago my wife went shopping for home gyms. No not for her but of all people for me.
What Is A Heart Treadmill?
A heart treadmill, used by physicians to determine their patients' heart health, is not always an accurate cardiac problem indicator, according to some studies.While a heart treadmill can tell if men with no current heart difficulties may be destined for cardiovascular episodes somewhere in their future, it may not be a good test of heart troubles in women.
How to Choose the Best Treadmill for Your Lifestyle
When choosing a treadmill (or any piece of exercise equipment for that matter), there is a lot to consider. Many people tend to look at the price first, but you don't want to be a slave to a price.
Get A Total Body Workout With An Elliptical Machine
Whether you work out at home, on some home gym equipment or you are attending a health club, cardiovascular exercise is an important part of your exercise regime. Elliptical trainers are gaining in popularity both in health clubs all over North America and as machines in people's homes all over.
Elliptical Trainers - Glide Your Way to Good Health
The Diet Exercise DilemmaYour doctor has just told you that you need to lose those 5 extra pounds that you gained over the Holiday Season. It wouldn't sound so bad if you would have taken his advice five years ago.
Who Else Knows These Facts About Trampolines
"El trampolino" was the Mexican word for "diving board",and one of the many words in common usage, which was onceactually trademarked as "trampoline".The first gold medal awarded in Olympic trampolinecompetition, went to Irina Karavaeva, of Russia.
Why You Should Use A Treadmill Or Run Outside
There's a distinct difference between running outside andon treadmill, and they both have their positives andnegatives. The top notch benefit of using a treadmill isthat you will never have to contend with the elements ofbeing outside, which depending on where you are in worldcan get bitterly cold or sizzling hot.
Cheap Clearance Elliptical Trainers
Purchasing a cheap clearance elliptical trainer can prove to be a risky investment. The elliptical trainer is a complex fitness machine that provides a variety of fitness levels to offer a low impact work out.
According to the Sports Goods Manufacturers Association, treadmills are the #1 home-fitness item, outdistancing stair-climbers, stationery bicycles, rowing machines and cross-country skiers. In fact, some surveys indicate that nearly 40 million Americans run on treadmills.
Buying A Treadmill - 3 Common Mistakes Most Buyers Make
Buying a treadmill? Congratulations on making an investment in your health!But if you want to save yourself lots of pain and loads of money, steer clear of these 3 common mistakes that most treadmill buyers make when purchasing:#1) Getting Taken in by the IcingThe 'icing' is all of the non-essential treadmill goodies that some lesser-quality treadmills offer you. These are meant to hide the fact that the essential factors of a quality machine aren't there.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.