|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Burn that Fat - The Most Efficient and Effective Exercise Yet Devised by Man!
Rebounding: Health and Fitness Benefits
As quoted by NASA, rebounding is "the most efficient and effective exercise yet devised by man". It is an excellent, non-impact, aerobic excercise gained by bouncing on a mini-trampoline.
The benefits of rebounding are astonishing and have been promoted significantly within the last decade.
It is a unique excercise in which a weightless state is achieved at the top of each jump and then land with twice the force of gravity on each bounce. This shift in gravity benefits every muscle and cell of the body and provides huge benefits to the lymph system.
On studying the benefits of rebounding, NASA found that a 150-pound individual spending one-hour on a rebounder will burn more calories than the same person jogging for an hour!
Benefits of Rebounding
- 68% more efficient than jogging (N.A.S.A., Journal of Applied Physiology 49(5): 881-887)
- Fights fatigue by strengthening the glandular system to increase the capabilities of the thyroid gland, the pituitary gland and the adrenals.
- Rebounding has a natural analgesic effect on the body which helps to relieve joints and pain in the neck, back, and head through the increase of circulation and oxygen flow.
- Conditions and stregthens the heart which allows the resting heart to beat less often. This in turn sends a stronger surge of blood through the veins.
- It provides an extremely effective 'no impact' excercise - especially imporant for those with less mobility or undergoing rehabilitation.
- Rebounding has been found to lower elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It increases metabolism which assists the body in burning more calories.
- One of the primary causes of aging is the declining performance of the heart and circulatory system. Rebounding is incredibly effective in increasing the performance of both the heart and the circulatory system and thus slows the aging process.
- Rebounding specifically stimulates the flow of lymph fluid through the lymphatic system. The change in gravitational forces allows for greater blood flow and this increases the amount of waste and toxins flushed from the body. Rebounding can increase lymph flow by up to 15%!
- Rebounding has also been found to enhance digestion, relaxation, sleep patterns, nerve impulses and muscle fiber.
- Blood pressure can be significantly reduced by rebounding. This is achieved by boosting the muscle tone of the middle arterial muscles and the improvements to the circulatory system.
Rebounding seems too good to be true, however, this is definitely not a gimmick! There is no way that NASA would put their name to it if they did not think that it was effective!!!
Personally, discovering rebounding has helped me no end. It takes away any excuse for not exercising every single day. I love running, but there are some days when I just cannot make it into my running shoes and out of the door - I am sure that I am not alone either!
Rebounding is also excellent for the 'day after' or on your day off when you are aching and recovering as it gently stretches the muscles and warms them, but with no impact.
This is a truly unique form of exercise and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Everyone who has tried rebounding loves it, from kids to grandparents and from the sedentary to the super-active!
Energise For Life are currently offering the Pro-Bounce Folding Trampoline for only £96.99 with FREE shipping. For other alkaline diet and optimum nutrition resources and guides visit Energise for Life!
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Exercise&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/exercise/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input