Bodybuilding and Exercise - The Ten Commandments in Making of a Champion!
1. Fill your life up with different hobbies! - Bodybuilding Champions realize working out is not everything there is in life. Your life does not center on the gym. Experience other activities. Get a hobby; join a group; do outdoor activities in order to stay mentally strong. One day you will realize, your identity is not built on the sport of bodybuilding.
2. Leave your ego at the door! - Bodybuilding Champions focus on the process and not on themselves. Your life should not center on you and you alone. True Champions in any sport know that it is what the sport gives to your heart that matters most, not the image you want to project.
3. Never forget where you come from! - Bodybuilding Champions never forget what the sport has taught them, where they have been or who has helped them along the way. Bodybuilding and life share the same principles: what you gain inside is more valuable than anything physical.
4. More is not better! - Bodybuilding Champions work smarter not harder. Efficiency and knowledge is the key to becoming a true champion. Less effort and more results usually work best. Be smart in your training and practice a little common sense when needing to rest.
5. Get a mentor- Bodybuilding Champions are never afraid to ask for help. Champs know that knowledge is power. Learn from others, never be afraid of change, and champion yourself after as many people as you can.
6. Feed the Spirit! Bodybuilding Champions understand the mind is their biggest competitor and the heart is their biggest asset. If you kill your spirit or passion for the sport, you have lost the main purpose for your efforts.
7. Pay your dues and do not cheat by taking steroids - Bodybuilding Champions SHOULD do it the right way, without drugs! You can never replace hard work, and hard work always pays off. Others may not know you are cheating, but at the end of the day you do. What matters most to you?
8. Teach others what you have learned - Bodybuilding Champions help others gain knowledge. The best champions are those who share the wealth, teach others and inspire hearts. Your success is only as strong as your ability to share what you have learned.
9. Be honest in all you do - Bodybuilding Champions know when to stop. No matter how difficult it may be on the ego, always be true to self and to others. Denying reality robs the heart of the happiness of life. Champions compete in their sport for the love of game, not for the chance to defy the odds of life.
10. Be you and no one else- Bodybuilding Champions do not pretend to be someone they are not. Hiding behind your exterior is the surest way to a lonely, unhappy life. True champions have no needs to pretend. GREATNESS NEEDS NO EXPLANATION!
Greg Ryan is a high profile fitness expert professional bodybuilder and former employee of Kathy Smiths. Best selling author of the Changing from the INSIDE book series. Discover the common sense way to lose weight with out dieting. A proven formula the doctor's DON'T want you to know about. For FREE MINI COURES click here http://www.resolutions.bz
Exercise and Heart Health: A Life Giving Marriage
Most people get their health out of a bottle these days, be it a bottle of vitamins or pharmaceuticals. However, with a little effort and dedication you really can get a hold on your life, turn it round and live it to the full!If you've been diagnosed with heart disease or are at risk of developing heart disease regular exercise is essential for the health of your heart, body and mind.
It seems like everyone is concerned about putting on the pounds over the annual holiday season, but what about summer vacations? We spend the greater part of the new year trying to shed the weight gained from an over-indulgence of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pies and various other sweets in order to slip into that new bikini or eliminate the gut before shedding the shirt at the beach. What happens when you reach your destination of summer frolicking? Toss your diet out the window and reward yourself with excess? Stay loyal to your eating and exercise plan? Somehow manage to find a happy medium? I was faced with these questions when I embarked on a weeklong excursion of bliss to Kona Village on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Fitness Focus: Overcoming Obstacles
If you're like me, the quest to be in shape, manage weight and overall well-being, at times, feels overwhelming. And, as if the quest to be fit isn't hard enough, there's often other obstacles to overcome: health issues, time management, mustering up courage or energy.
Why would I want to write about yet another fitness program? There are so many out there. There is no escape from fitness programs whether you watch TV or read a magazine or newspaper.
Salsa Dancing for Fitness is Hot
Salsa dancing is emerging as a refreshing replacement for conventional aerobic exercises. Classes based on the fiery music and movements of Salsa, Mambo, Cumbia, Merengue and more are starting to get people interested in Salsa dancing, while at the same time giving them a pounding workout.
Exercise Is a Key to Good Health for All of Us
There's plenty of evidence that an essential component of a healthy life is physical activity. It has been shown that exercise has a positive effect on both your body and mind.
Exercise - Anxiety & Panic
Yes, all I'm afraid this does play a part in reducing anxiety and depression. As much as you may not like doing it (I've never been a huge fan of it myself) but once you get into it, you certainly feel better for it afterwards.
The Different Types of Treadmills
When we usually think of treadmills, we tend to think thatthere is only one type on the market. However, this isvery far from the truth as there are a couple of differenttypes of treadmills.
Bodybuilding and Exercise - The Ten Commandments in Making of a Champion!
1. Fill your life up with different hobbies! - Bodybuilding Champions realize working out is not everything there is in life.
4 Steps To More Effective Aerobic, Streching, and Weight Training Exercise
We all know that well-balanced diets include the different nutrients we need to maintain health and well-being. But did you know that your exercise program needs to be well-balanced, too? There's three types of exercise to include in your work-out diet.
Exercise And Stress
"Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet."Kim rolled over and reached for alarm that rang much too early.
Movement That Matters: Exercise With a Greater Purpose
You've seen the commercials Ive fallen and I cant get up! While this has been a topic of many jokes and late-night comedy skits, the reality is falling is a very real danger for many people. Too often falls can lead to broken bones, hospitalization, and sometimes life-threatening illnesses due to being confined to a bed while recovering.
Programming Brief: Exercise Order
One of the fundamental principles of exercise prescription, specifically resistance training, is the principle of exercise order. Which exercises do I do first? Which do I do last? Does exercise order really matter? From personal observations in the weight room, it would seem to many it doesn't matter.
Get Out and Play: Top 7 Outdoor Exercises
Do you remember when our parents used to yell at us to go outside and play? They would get so tired of us running around the house munching junk food and fighting with our siblings that they would practically kick us out of the house!Well, we may not have the same child-like activities lined up to get outside for anymore, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't still get out and enjoy the world! Exercising outdoors has many benefits, and they include the following:- Little or no equipment needed to get a good workout- No crowded gyms or obnoxious people to put up with- No driving time to the local fitness facility- No need to put on makeup or special clothing to workout at the gym- Vitamin D enhancing sunshine for our skin- The ability to workout anytime, anywhere - even on vacation- Two words: Fresh AirThere are probably other reasons that you can think of why an outdoor workout would fit into your particular lifestyle, so now all you have to do is learn what kind of activities can be done outside.Refer to the following Top 7 list of exercises that are sure to leave you sweaty, worn out, and feeling great when it's all over!LUNGESLike all exercises, lunges should be done with absolutely perfect form.
Want To Get In Shape? Watch Another Infomercial!
You know I have always wondered how people of yesteryear, likeEugene sandow, John Grimek, Steve reeves, Jack Lalanne, Joe Louis, Charle Atlas, and many others that i could mention couldpossibly get into such fantastic shape without all these gadgets, gizmos, and late night exercise machines being touted all over your favorite TV stations.I mean let's look at what is happening here! You have got Ab dolly, Ab rocker, Ab lounge, Abwheel, Ab-this-Ab-that, andI am not saying that they may not give some results but let'sface it if any one of these was a "cure all" why do they have to keep coming out with more??????? And why do people keep buying the latest and greatest thing? Well i will tell you?SALES AND MARKETING! These infomercials have it down to ascience.
Anywhere and Anytime Exercises
These type of Exercises generally makes your body strong and firm. No matter, you are Exercising or Muscle Building or Body Building, these exercises are quite handy and help a lot.
Lose Weight - Stay Fit and Stick With It!
Health and nutrition experts continually advise us that the more we exercise the healthier we will be. In magazines, the doctor's office or on television we are never far from information showing us how to exercise, what to eat and how to lose weight.
Great Summer Workouts: Just Add Water
With warm weather season now in full gear, exercisers want to take their workouts outside and breakout of their indoor fitness ruts. But, when temperatures reach record highs and humidity levels soar, traditional outdoor workouts become less appealing.
Wise Up and Invest in Your Workout Success - Six Top Fitness Faux Pas
Already dedicated exercisers make small but costly mistakes regularly in their workouts, and one tiny change can have a huge impact on their results. Time is valuable, and for each precious moment invested you want to ensure the best possible return.
After WLS: Walking for Wellness
Step for step, mile for mile, walking is the best cardiovascular activity you can include as part of your weight loss surgery success story. Walking is easy, accessible, inexpensive, individual and effective.