7 Ways To Guarantee You Stick To Your Workout Program
1. Begin Looking at Exercise Differently. Think of exercise as a way of life. Do not look as exercise as a chore or task that hurts you. Exercise is probably the most inexpensive and fun thing you can do for your life. Find something in exercise that you enjoy doing such as meeting new people, getting out of work, or your means of stress relief. It will be like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. The sooner you view exercise as a activity of health and way of life, the sooner your results will show up.
2. Think Small. This is probably the hardest part of exercise for people to understand and follow through with. Most people want the results to happen now and start their workout program going all out. This is the number 1 reason men and women stop exercising. They expect too much. Breakdown your goals into sections or parts and choose some realistic goals. Before you know it, you lostthose annoying 10 pounds and or health has improved ten fold.
3. Get A Workout Partner. If there is somebody waiting for you at the gym, the same time you are supposed to be there, you can bet you will be there 100% of the time to workout with him or her. It also can be immediately physically result producing since you will automatically be pushing each other to do better and better.
4. Change Your Workout More Often. Change: The essence of goal attainment. If you modify your workout more often, you will undoubtedly see changes. It prevents your muscles from getting stagnant and gets the doldrums out of working out.
5. Hire A Personal Trainer. Are you spending too much time at the gym and not seeing changes? You may be overworking certain muscles and not use others at all. Are you performing all exercises correctly? The slightest movement will do wonders for shaping and acquiring the look you want. A personal trainer will know exactly what to do to help you get results.
6. Workout At A Different Time Of Day. Rearrange your schedule to workout at different time of day. This will put a huge shock to your body and mind set regarding exercise.
7. Plan To Exercise For A Minimum Of Six Months. The whole idea regarding exercising is to get the results you desire and create a healthier you. The sure- fire way to do this is to consistently do it over a period of time. When commencing on an exercise program, regardless of your goals, you will need do this for a minimum of 6 months. Before you know it, exercise is now a way of life.
For a ton of f.ree, valuable tips, tricks, and secrets visit: http://www.MaximizeYourMetabolism.com
© 2002-2005 Wisdom Books, LLC & Christopher Guerriero WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this blurb with it: Christopher Guerriero, is the founder of the National Metabolic & Longevity Research Center and a best-selling author, speaker, and coach to millions. He is creator of the award-winning 'Maximize Your Metabolism' system. To learn more about this step-by-step program, and to sign up for FR*EE how-to articles and F.REE teleseminars, visit http://www.MaximizeYourMetabolism.com
A Fitness Mothers Time
So you've been a mother for a while. Good for you, mothers are important.
Stretching for Health
Lack of flexibility is now seen to be a major cause of general health problems and sports injury and is being linked to everything from stress. back pain, and even osteoarthritis.
Tips To Deal with Exercise Induced Asthma
For approximately 80-90% of people that suffer from asthma, exercise can be a strong stimulus for an attack. This syndrome has become known as exercise induced asthma or EIA.
The New Discovery That Makes It Possible To Get An Effective Workout In Less Time
The Art of Multifunctional TrainingPeople often complain about how they just do not have enough time to spend working out in a gym. It seems every year the lives of many Americans become more hectic and they have less time to devote to bettering their health.
After Exercise Headache - More Serious Than You Think?
It's surprisingly common - you're exercising, everything's fine, and then POW - a headache strikes! Or, sometimes, a headache hits while you're exercising. Is it just a minor annoyance? Or could it be a signal that something serious is going on? Should you go to the doctor, or just shrug it off?If you already suffer from headaches or migraine, it may just be that your exercise is starting the headache chain-reaction.
The History of Pilates - It All Began With One Sickly Child
A look into the history of Pilates helps you understand the tremendous power that this form of exercise has to help strengthen and transform your body. Unlike yoga, which has a tradition that goes back thousands of years, one individual developed the Pilates Method at the beginning of the twentieth century.
5 Little Known Benefits of Warming Up & Cooling Down After Exercising
While working out in the gym, I have noticed that many exerciserstend to skip two very important parts of their workout. It iscrucial that exercisers starts with a warm-up and ends with acool-down.
Core Strength Limits Arm and Leg Power
Core training has become such a hot topic in the exercise field recently and rightly so. Ask just about anyone what they understand about the body's core and you're likely to get an answer as it being the abdominal muscles.
When to Exercise
Do you hit the gym in the morning, before your crazy working day, or you check it out late at night. It is hard to figure out what is best for you and what best fit in your busy life style, but with few tips you can make your lifting life much easier.
3 Exercises for Good Posture and a Six-Pack
These days many people spend a significant part of their day slaving away over a hot computer and as a result, their posture is not what it should be. Bad posture can result in short-term discomfort such as neck stiffness and headaches and also lead to more serious problems in later life.
Exercise - More is NOT Better!
Years ago when I was a professional bodybuilder, I fell into the mindset that the more I exercised, the less fat I ate, the better I would look and feel. At the time this seemed like the logical thing to do.
Debunking Common Exercise Myths, Part 1
Myth #1: Heavy weights make you "bulky"Heavy weights typically do not lead to increased muscle mass, moderate weights do. Muscle mass is more of a function of volume (ie.
Fitness the Goddess Way: Movement vs. Exercise
I was excited to hear the esteemed speakers at the Fall 2004 Omega Institute Conference. The "biggies" of the women's movement such as Gloria Steinem, today's best-selling authors and who's who of empowering women doing inspiring work were.
Metabolism: How to Increase Your Metabolic Rate?
Metabolism is a process by which the body burns the calories and convert them into useful energy. High metabolic rate uses up the energy stored in the form of fat.
How Exercise and Beta-Glucan Help the Immune System
It is thought that moderate exercise, such as speed walking, jogging, and aerobics may enhance your body's natural resistance to infection. This is due to that fact that this kind of physical activity activates the release of immunostimulatory factors, such as growth hormones, cytokines, and prolactin, which in turn activates various populations of immune cells.
Best Flat Tummy Exercises for Great Female Abs
Are there flat tummy exercises that are the best for great female abs? Abs-olutely! To make this list, the female abs exercises must be safe, effective and can be done nearly anywhere. Your abs can be worked out every day.
Benefits of a Good Training Journal
Most of us have trained at one part in our lives. Chances are if you've ever taken your training seriously you've used a training journal or a training log.
Invest in Your Health
What if a trusted friend were to tell you about an investment where you could not possibly go wrong..
After WLS: Walking for Wellness
Step for step, mile for mile, walking is the best cardiovascular activity you can include as part of your weight loss surgery success story. Walking is easy, accessible, inexpensive, individual and effective.
Why Do My Feet Hurt So Much When I Run?
If you are a seasoned runner you know the importance of a good running shoe. It can make the difference between a great running experience and potential injury.