|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Monitor Your Body Fat Levels For Results
A very important aspect in really finding out if you're on the right track or not, is to monitor your body fat levels. Go to your local sports store and buy some body fat calipers to test your fat levels. Record these levels along with your body weight each week and start to monitor these changes. You want to make sure you're building quality muscle mass and burning that extra body fat.
By monitoring the changes of your lean body weight, you will be able to tell whether or not you are replacing adipose tissue (fat) with hard earned muscle. Lean body weight (muscle) can be found by subtracting your body weight with your body fat weight. You body fat weight is calculated by multiplying your weight with your body fat percentage.
Tips on measuring your body fat levels:
1. Take all measurements on the right side of your body.
2. Carefully identify and recall your measuring site for accuracy.
3. Take the measurement when skin is dry and lotion-free.
4. Do not measure immediately after exercise due to shifts in body fluid.
There are three main sites for measuring your body fat for males:
1. Chest - Fold is taken 1/2 the distance between the anterior auxiliary line and nipple.
2. Abdominal - Fold is taken vertical 2 cm lateral to the umbilicus.
3. Thigh - Fold is lifted on anterior aspect of thigh midway between inguinal crease and proximal border of patella. Body weight is shifted to left foot.
There are three main sites for measuring your body fat for females:
1. Triceps - Fold is taken midway between the shoulder and elbow joint, on the center of the back of the arm.
2. Waist - Fold is taken diagonally above the iliac crest along the anterior auxiliary line.
3. Thigh - Fold is lifted on anterior aspect of thigh midway between inguinal crease and proximal border of patella. Body weight is shifted to the left foot.
Kris Bierek is a fitness specialist for the health and fitness site http://www.ShapeFit.com where you can find FREE fitness tools like fitness newsletters, dieting tips, weight loss help, exercise questions and a free fitness analysis to help you get into the best shape of your life!
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Exercise&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/exercise/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input