|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
The Many Benefits of Exercise
Health experts encourage us to include exercise as a necessary part of our daily routine to promote our general well- being. Together with healthy and balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation, exercise is recommended to promote optimal health. People who are usually inactive can improve their health and well-being by becoming even moderately active on a regular basis.
Physical activity need not be strenuous to achieve significant health benefits.
Greater health benefits can be achieved by increasing the amount (duration, frequency, or intensity) of physical activity.
There are many benefits of exercise, not only as an aid in effective fat/ weight loss, but also in reducing our risks of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death. Here is a general overview of what exercise can do for us.
1. Exercise reduces our risks of dying prematurely.
2. Exercise reduces our risks of dying from heart diseases, cancers (including uterine, colon, and breast), stroke, diabetes and arthritis.
3. Help us lose weight, especially fat weight by decreasing our Body Mass Index (BMI), reducing our total cholesterol and reducing the circulating levels of triglycerides in our blood and increasing our metabolic rate. Perhaps this is why active people can "Eat anything and not gain weight." and why other folks "Gain weight just by looking at food."!
4. Exercise improves the functioning of our Immune System as well as blood and oxygen circulation for our vital organs. 5. Exercise increases our insulin sensitivity to prevent against type 2 diabetes.
6. Exercise increases our energy and endurance level.
7. Exercise slows down aging by improving our physical, mental, emotional and psychological well- being.
8. Exercise reduces our risk of developing many bones and joints diseases or disorders.
9. Exercise even helps in enhancing creativity and imagination. It is also linked with improved mental vigor, including reaction time, acuity, and math skills.
10. Exercise helps in providing physical and mental rejuvenation, making us feel good about ourselves and thus improve our esteem and confidence.
11. Exercising improves mood and due to the chemicals it releases in the brain called endorphins, it gives you an overall feeling of well-being. This is the same chemical that being in love or eating chocolate induces!
12. Exercise will help you sleep better. Just be sure not to exercise too close to your bedtime if you exercise at night, because it may keep you awake. If you need to exercise within a few hours of going to bed, make sure it's only a brisk walk. Experts say you should allow yourself about three hours between exercise and going to bed.
So get off that couch and start moving. Remember, the time and effort that you put in exercising today may spell your health and well- being tomorrow. Take our word for it!
Weight Loss Product Reviews, top rated Weight Loss Product Reviews and site with best Weight Loss Products.http://www.weightlossproductreview.com/
TC's Ciccolo: Body Composition Beats Weight in Tracking Benefits of Exercise - TC Columbia University
Overcoming Resistance to Exercise
Are You Destined to Sit on the Couch?If someone mentions exercise do you think, "I hate to exercise. There's no way I'm doing that.
VO2 Max- Exposing the Myth
VO2 max is defined as the maximal amount of oxygen the body is able to extract and use to support work performed by the body. It is therefore an indirect measure of the aerobic power of the body, which is controlled by complex interactions between neural (brain and nervous system), cardiovascular (heart and lungs) and skeletal muscle factors.
Complete Physical Transformation Using The Purposefully Primitive Fitness Methodology
The Purposeful Primitive approach to the art and science of physical renovation is deceptively simplistic. By using a few basic tools and food purchased from the grocery store, you can radically alter the way you look while simultaneously improving health, vitality and energy levels.
Try Different Forms of Exercise for Success
If you have always used free weights, then switch it up and try training with machines like "Hammer Strength" or "Nautilus". These are excellent weight resistance machines and they will really work your muscles from different angles and different intensities.
Get Fit From Home!
--------------------Things Around The House--------------------Don't feel that just because you don't have any weights at home, that you can't get a GREAT workout! Try using these items for the corresponding exercises. Change them around to increase or decrease the resistance to make it the perfect workout for YOU!· Backpack Swing- Take a backpack and fill it with books.
Strength Training FAQs
Do you need some beginner's strength training 'how to' information? I know you must have tons of questions. I will try my best to cover most of the beginner questions with this article.
Calf Cramps - How To Get More Gain For Less Pain!
I cannot imagine that there is anyone past the age of about 10, that has never had calf cramps. Let's face it, they are horrible.
Avoid These Top 5 Workout Myths
Do you know the health and fitness industry is plagued by an over abundance of workout myths? A myth is a fiction or half truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology. Rob tells Jen about a new fitness program that is suppose to deliver amazing results; Jen tells Ted, and Ted then tells Pam, but only half of what Rob said.
Super Charge Your Metabolism
1. Cardio in Combination with Strength Training- If you need to combine your cardio with Strength training then do your Cardio AFTER your Resistance Training workout.
Weight Training: The Real Weight Loss Exercise
So you want to lose weight? Chances are, you'll spend the next few days "pigging out" while in the back of your mind you resolve that ..
Exercise Smarter Not Harder - 10 Ways to Make Consistent Progress in Your Exercise Plan!
My name is Greg Ryan. I am a fitness expert, professional bodybuilder personal trainer to movie stars, and former employee of Kathy Smith.
Professional Triathlon Training Taking You To Your Best
There are hundreds of different programs for professional triathlon training that will work for you. There are even more that won't.
Why would I want to write about yet another fitness program? There are so many out there. There is no escape from fitness programs whether you watch TV or read a magazine or newspaper.
Benefit of Pilates
One of the main benefits of Pilates is it refreshes your physical and mental well-being. Pilates is a series of controlled movements that unite the body and mind and creates a direct connection to the muscles.
Great Summer Workouts: Just Add Water
With warm weather season now in full gear, exercisers want to take their workouts outside and breakout of their indoor fitness ruts. But, when temperatures reach record highs and humidity levels soar, traditional outdoor workouts become less appealing.
Flattening Your Stomach in Four Easy Steps
You look at it every day and wish it would just go away; that little pouch below your belly button that keeps staring back at you. You do crunches, sit ups, the works, and yet there it is just "hanging around.
Exercise Nutrition: How To Keep That Energy Up!
How many times has this happened to you?>> You psych yourself up mentally (you are GOING to do it!)>> You don the outfit (you can practically feel the energy flowing through your veins!)>> You lace up the running shoes (Nike: Just Do It - that's you.)>> You grab your towel (because ANYONE SERIOUS needs a towel).
Debunking Common Exercise Myths, Part 1
Myth #1: Heavy weights make you "bulky"Heavy weights typically do not lead to increased muscle mass, moderate weights do. Muscle mass is more of a function of volume (ie.
Weight Loss, Bodybuilding, and Exercise Tips - Keeping Your Body-fat Low: Part 2 of 10
My name is Greg Ryan. I am a fitness expert, professional bodybuilder, personal, trainer to movie stars, former employee of Kathy Smith and over 50, 000 hours of paid personal training sessions under my belt.
Exercise and Kids: The Difference between Training Children and Adults!
The greatest mistake a person can make when exercising with children is to treat them like little adults. Children are growing and developing rapidly.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.