By Fernando Gaztambide
On Saturday March 29 at the Ballroom of the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Puerto Rico's Thomas Dulorme (20-1, 14 KOs) will fight on HBO in the co-featured bout against undefeated Karim Mayfield (18-0-1 11 KOs), of California, in a fight for the vacant North American Boxing Federation (NABF) title of the World Boxing Council (WBC) at 140 pounds.
"I will show the HBO executives that I belong in the big fights," said a confident Dulorme. "Mayfield is a great fighter, a warrior and I have respect for him, but on March 29th he will be a barrier that I will put down in order to continue going forward to reaching my goals and to give Puerto Rico more glory."
Regarding camp, Dulorme said: "I am very satisfied so far with the work of Robert Garcia. I've learned a lot from him and you can definitely expect the best from me. I also want to acknowledge the work of my promoter Gary Shaw and my managers. I will not let them down."
Currently at 140 pounds, Dulorme is ranked No. 3 under the World Boxing Association (WBA), No. 5 under the International Boxing Federation (IBF), No. 6 by the World Boxing Council (WBC) and No. 15 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO).
The main event of the evening will feature the WBO champion at 175 pounds, Russia's Sergey Kovalev (23-1, 21 KOs), facing Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs) of Chicago.Tags: Thomas Dulorme , Karim Mayfield , Dulorme-Mayfield , Dulorme vs. Mayfield