By Yuri Tarantin (Allboxing.ru) and Alexey Sukachev
The vacant European heavyweight title will be at stake on March 26 in Frankfurt, Germany, where local Ukrainian Alexander Dmitrenko (30-1, 20 KOs) competes for the prestigious belt against former world title challenger Albert Sosnowski (46-3-1, 28 KOs). The fight will be a rematch of last year's memorable meltdown, when Dmitrenko fell unconscious in his dressing room preventing the contest from happening. Allboxing.ru contacted Dmitrenko to know more about his current conditions and his thoughts about some boxing notables.
- Alexander, how do you feel?
- I feel perfectly fine. After last year's cancellation I started to pay much more attention to my health. Recently I have conducted another examination which found no problems.
- How your preparations are going?
- Everything is coming along just as planned. We have a perfect chemistry with my coach Michael Timm and everything is smooth between us. We aren't here for to take a walk. We are planning for a serious battle and prepare to it accordingly.
- Rumors are widespread that Universum Box-Promotion is experiencing some major problems, and you have been working with Team Universum since the very beginning. Have any distractions gotten under your skin?
- Nope, they haven't. My camp is as good and as helpful as usual. We have not had any troubles and I don't feel any problems around me. I'm fully isolated and fully concentrated. All my thoughts and all of my feelings belong to the upcoming fight.
- On March 19, Vitali Klitschko takes on Odlanier Solis in the next defense of his WBC heavyweight title. Whom you consider to be the top dog there?
- I feel it'll be a hard affair for both boxers. I see it as a 50/50 fight. Vitali has tons of experience but Solis is young and his boxing education is a perfect one. It's not a secret for anyone that he has some problems with extra pounds and motivation. He has trained in Germany and he seemed to be quite an undisciplined type. But nevertheless he is extremely dangerous and Vitali should expect many problems in the upcoming fight.