DeGale's Promoter Offers 3/1 Date For Badou Jack
The WBC has called for James DeGale to face Sweden's Badou Jack in a world-title final eliminator.
DeGale, the 2008 Olympic champion, currently holds the WBC's 'silver' super-middleweight title, putting him in line for a shot at champion Sakio Bika.
The 27-year-old had been due to fight top-ranked Marco Antonio Periban but the Mexican has pulled out of negotiations.
"This is the fight I've been aiming towards and it's one I'm going to take with both hands - I'm 100% fit, 100% hungry and I'm good to go," said DeGale.
Jack is based in Las Vegas and has a 16-0 record with 11 stoppages and one draw. However, he has never been involved in a 12-round fight.
By contrast, DeGale (17-1) has been fighting in championship-length fights since his seventh pro-bout, going the distance no fewer than five times.
"We're now in the private negotiation period and if we cannot come to an agreement with Jack's representatives it will go to purse bids on February 14," said promoter Mick Hennessy.
"We have already made an offer to Mayweather Promotions for this fight to take place in England on March 1 and we are awaiting a reply.
"The great thing about eliminators and mandatory positions is that fighters are forced to face each other as no one was in a hurry to face James.
in England....or he can come to Spokane,Washington and fight on Monday Night FightsPost a Comment/View More User Comments (1)