By Pawel Pronishev
According to a report in the Liverpool Echo, heavyweight contender David Price will reject any offer to face Tyson Fury for the British title on September 17th in Belfast. Fury's team claim to have made an offer to Price's promoter Frank Maloney, but Price himself has not heard about it. Price is not willing to accept such a fight on less than a month's notice and knows that he'll receive a shot at Fury regardless. Price is set to face John McDermott on November 5 in an official title eliminator, with the winner getting a crack at Fury.
“I spoke with Frank Maloney earlier last week and Fury did not come up,” said Price. “If the offer has been put across then I’ve not officially heard about it. But I would not take a British title fight on just four weeks’ notice. I’m not there just to make up the numbers. I will be fighting him as mandatory challenger soon anyway and at that point I will have the proper amount of time to prepare.
“Fury seems well up for the challenge and the one thing I’ve always said about him is that he’s got balls. I don’t think he would back down from the fight with me because he wants to save face.”