Former IBO cruiserweight world champion Danny Green has put off retirement for now, announcing his intention for a rematch with American Antonio Tarver in the US.
Green lost his world title to Tarver last month but said he was keen to avenge that defeat, with the re-match likely to be held before the end of the year.
"It wasn't really a tough decision at all," Green said on Tuesday. "I'm a fighter. I took a fair pizzling at the hands of Tarver. It wasn't my night and it hurt a lot to lose my world title.
"It was a pretty painful experience, physically, and I guess emotionally, getting beaten up in front of the whole nation watching.
"But as a fighter, that's what you go through. I've handed out a few beatings myself and you've just got to take it on the chin like a man and move forward and work out what's the next step."
It is believed the last fight between the pair had a clause written into the contract stating Green could call for a rematch if he lost.
However, the 38-year-old West Australian said a re-match was yet to be set in stone.
"We were going to have an announcement last week but it didn't happen because we thought we may have had some more concrete news," Green said.
"But we've been working on it. My camp's been talking to their camp and we're under way in negotiations to see if we can make this happen."
Green said he was desperate for the chance to fight again in the US.
"I'd love to fight there. I've got a record of 3-2 away, but one (loss) was pretty controversial," he said.
"So I've fought pretty well overseas. I don't mind going to his backyard. He did it against me. That's what I guess excited me, going over there and doing it to him, hopefully.
"I'd love to fight before the end of the year and that's what a fighter does, and that's what I guess most Aussies do. If they get beaten - they get straight back up and move forward and try to avenge their loss."Tags: Danny Green , Tarver-Green , Tarver vs Green , Antonio Tarver