By Nick Lustig, courtesy of the Daily Star
DERECK CHISORA has warned Tyson Fury that he is ready to avenge his previous loss to him.Chisora and Fury clash on July 26 at Manchester Arena for the right to challenge Wladimir Klitschko for the WBO heavyweight title.
Having suffered defeat to Fury by a unanimous decision back in 2011, Chisora says the upcoming bout with the unbeaten Mancunian will be a different story.
“He did beat me three years ago, but I was not in shape,” said Chisora.
“I’m in great shape now, my mind is right. I do not need to swear to get under his skin, he knows exactly what is coming.
“I’m coming for him in Manchester.”
Chisora, 30, has rebuilt a career which looked to have hit the skids, following defeats to Fury and Robert Helenius.
But a spirited display in a defeat to Vitali Klitschko, in Germany in February 2012, revitalised and refocused the Londoner.
Since then Chisora has won four of his previous five fights, the only defeat coming against David Haye, to set up a rematch with Fury.
And Chisora insists he is now determined to leave his mark on the sport.
“You only have a period of time, and that period is short,” he added.
“We all have to get old one day and you sit back and start wondering how are people going to remember me.
“I want to prove that I can fight at world level. I want to be one of the great fighters like Lennox Lewis, Frank Bruno and Prince Naseem.
“These guys have made it and I want to be remembered like that.”