Chavez vs. Vera Pushed Back To 9/28 at StubHub Center
PHILADELPHIA —Due to a cut suffered by former WBC Middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., the twelve round Super Middleweight bout between Chavez Jr. and WBO number-one ranked Middleweight Bryan Vera has been pushed back to Saturday September 28th at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
The bout, which was originally announced for September 7th is promoted by Top Rank and Banner Promotions and will be seen live on HBO.
Chavez (46-1-1, 32 KO’s) suffered the cut earlier this week while sparring and forcing the bout to be moved back three weeks.
Vera (23-6, 14 KO’s) of Austin, Texas has been training intensely in Houston.
The complete show, which includes the HBO televised co-feature pitting former Olympians Demetrius Andrade (19-0, 13 KO’s) and Vanes Martirosyan (33-0-1, 21 KO’s) for the vacant WBO Jr. Middleweight title will also take place on September 28th.
“We are happy that after Chavez suffered the injury that the fight could be rescheduled so quickly”, said Banner Promotions president, Arthur Pelullo.
“Bryan has been training hard and has been thinking about this fight for the better part of six months. We know he will put on a great show and that this is a great opportunity for him”
Maybe.....if Jr isn't too much of a lardo to make the weight in time.Comment by nycsmooth on 08-16-2013
The last sentence sounds like what the promoter said to Rocky, when he was in the empty arena, before he fought Apollo the 1st time...Post a Comment - View More User Comments (2)