Charr Plans Vitali Shock; Haye Reminds Him of Contract
By Phil D. Jay
Undefeated German Manuel Charr is certain he has everything in place to relieve Vitali Klitschko of his WBC heavyweight title on September 8 and will then hope to defend the belt against former WBA champion David Haye.
The 27 year-old (21-0, 11 KO's) faces his toughest challenge since turning professional in 2005 next month against the formidable ‘Dr. Ironfist’ and is currently putting the finishing touches to a gruelling training camp.
“I am well prepared and looking forward to the fight of my life. I can hardly wait!” Charr told World Boxing News.
"I am sure I have the tools to hurt Vitali. I have been keeping an eye on him for ten years now and I am looking forward to finally get in the ring with him.
“I studied his fight against Dereck Chisora (which Klitschko won over twelve rounds in February) and have drawn my conclusions, but for the time being I like to keep it to myself.”
The ‘Diamond Boy’ was an unexpected visitor to Chisora’s defeat to Haye at Upton Park in London last month and is optimistic he made enough of an impact on the ‘Hayemaker’ by calling him out for a fight in early 2013 at the post-fight press conference.
“I just wanted to tell Haye that I am here and I would like to fight against him one day, so I took the opportunity, that’s it,” he explained.
“But I am having a fight on the 8th and that is what I am concentrating on. After I beat Mr. Klitschko, I will give thought to it (fighting Haye).
“All I know is I will be the next world heavyweight champion. I am training hard for this moment and am very well prepared.”
Haye is of the belief that if the ‘Diamond Boy’ shocks Klitschko in Moscow, then he may well be obliged to give Vitali a second chance and even then, may also be contracted to face Wladimir or a fighter of K2 Promotions’ choosing.
“I love the guy's enthusiasm, but he needs to read his K2 slave contract. As even if he wins, K2 own his ass for a few years!” Haye told World Boxing News via Twitter.
Haye seems quite content to await the outcome of the WBC title bout next month before considering his next move and could even step away from the sport once again, if another Klitschko offer fails to materialize.
Phil D. Jay covers boxing for worldboxingnews.net
lol at Haye's tweet. Charr is getting grilled by Vitali. Charr-grilled, I guess you could say. :davil2:Comment by Jim Ross on 08-27-2012
[QUOTE=Tobi.G;12455902]And Vitali will lose because he will be to old then. He has already shown big signs of declining. Vitali better retires after the Charr fight. im sure he dont wanna retire with a loss.[/QUOTE] Vitali is older now. But…Comment by Tobi.G on 08-27-2012
[QUOTE=Earl Hickey;12455838]I think vitali Haye will happen, March next year[/QUOTE] And Vitali will lose because he will be to old then. He has already shown big signs of declining. Vitali better retires after the Charr fight. im sure he dont…Comment by Jim Ross on 08-27-2012
I think vitali Haye will happen, March next yearComment by -Weltschmerz- on 08-27-2012
Vitali - Haye should happen next yearPost a Comment/View More User Comments (12)