By Rey Colon
Cesar Seda is confident that after his return on Aug. 19 in Ponce, his handlers will secure him another title shot at 115 pounds and does not rule out a rematch with Argentine champion Omar Narvaez, the reigning king of the WBO, who dealt the Puerto Rican boxer his first loss as a pro a few months ago.
"It was a very good experience and I did not expect that kind of fight. I went out to win round by round but the referee began to take off points because he said I was supposedly hitting him low. My mind was racing and I thought I had to kill him. I started slow and you saw what happened. But I want to be a champion at that weight and I'll fight Narvaez again," he said.
Seda, with a record of 20-1 and 15 knockouts, admitted the Narvaez fight gave him a lot of experience.
"And I think if it had been in Puerto Rico it would have been different. I know he was feeling my punches and was complaining about something. I was aware I was doing well but the referee did not appreciate it. And I hurt my mental state because I kept thinking that I was going to get disqualified. I was a little down because my dream is to become world champion. Now I'm hungrier and I'm going to show that I have the talent," he said.
"I'm focused on this fight on the 19th, fighting in my home and not thinking I would steal the fight. I'm not focused on the knockout. I'll be ready for whatever happens in the ring. I am calm and I will win round by round."
Tags: Cesar Seda