Carl Frampton will fight Mexican veteran Hugo Fidel Cazares in a final eliminator for the WBC super-bantamweight title.
The Belfast contender will return to action in his home town's Odyssey Arena on April 4, with the winner becoming mandatory challenger to current champion Leo Santa Cruz.
Frampton is rated No 1 in the WBC rankings and has chosen to take this route after attempts to secure a rematch with IBF champion Kiko Martinez - whom he beat last year - came to nothing.
The 26-year-old is also yearning for a huge domestic dust-up with WBA title holder Scott Quigg - with the two sides so far unable to agree terms.
"Cazares is a former two-weight world champion from Mexico who brings a lot of experience and skill with him," said Frampton. "I can't wait to get back in front of the amazing Belfast crowd and secure my shot at the WBC world title.
"I have progressed so much in the last 12 months both in the boxing ring and out of it, and I believe that the next 12 months will bring me even more success and more importantly the world title.
"It's fantastic to be boxing at home for the fourth consecutive time and to be fighting a former two-weight world champion in a final eliminator for the world title."
Cazares (40-7, two draws) is reaching the twilight of a career that has seen him become WBO light-flyweight champion and also holder of the WBA super-flyweight strap.
He has lost just once since 2008 and been successful in four fights at the super bantamweight limit.
The 35-year-old is equally determined to reclaim his spot back at the top of the sport and is unfazed by having to fight in Frampton's backyard.
"April 4 is my chance to put myself back on the world stage. I am a former champion and I have fought all over the world so going to Belfast is no problem for me," he said.
"Frampton is a very good fighter but no one can stand in my way on my journey back to a world title."Tags: Hugo Cazares , Carl Frampton