|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Ten Easy Tips For Improving Your Online Poker Game
When you play poker online, you have options available that you don't have at the card room or at your regular home game. Taking advantage of these extra options can improve your online poker results. Let's take a look at some things you can take advantage of when playing your poker online.
1. Choose the Right Site- Simple, huh? Play at a site where you feel comfortable. Find a site where the competition is soft and plentiful. Find a site that offers the games or tournaments you are looking for. Finding the right site is a matter of personal preference. Check out several sites and find the one that's right for you.
2. Choose the Right Game- Take advantage of your online poker room's lobby. Most lobbys list such basic information as flop percentage, number of hands played per hour, and average pot size. You can scout the different tables from here. Also, if you have a buddy list; you can search for players that you know to be weak.
3. Have a buddy list- If you play regularly, you'll see some of the same players again and again. You should quickly be able to tell the tendencies of many players. When you find a player whose game you can exploit, put him or her on your buddy list. You'll find plenty of "buddies" if you pay attention.
4. Pay Attention- When you play online it's easy to become distracted. Very easy. Let's see... there's e-mail, the baseball game you're watching out of the corner of your eye, the phone, the kids, the dog. And, since all you have to do to play online is to just fire up the computer, it's easy to play when you are distracted or tired.
5. Play Only When You Are Prepared and Rested- Imagine what an advantage you would have over your average opponent if you just followed this rule. Many players play online on a whim. Maybe they've been online for hours and just impulsively click on their favorite poker site just to unwind. Likely the only thing that will be unwinding is their bankrolls. So give your playing sessions a little bit of thought before you play.
6. Play for only a Set Time or Specific Number of Hands- Don't fall into the trap of "just one more hand" syndrome. Before you start determine a specific time limit or hand limit to give your game focus. Playing for just one more hand has a way of turning into many more hands. And, if your playing with a just one more attitude, I doubt if you're paying much attention or taking any notes.
7. Take Notes- This is a great way to keep your focus when you're not in a hand. Develop your own shorthand for keeping notes. For instance, I might write, "CC w/ junk" (cold calls with junk) if I've noted a player who continually comes in for two bets with hands he shouldn't.
8. Use a Four Colored Deck if Available-Why wouldn't you. The online card icons are much smaller than real world cards. It's easy to mis-read a club for a spade or vice versa. If changing to a 4 colored deck saves you from making one mistake, it's well worth the time it takes to change.
9. Adjust the Chat Feature- Make sure this is set to your preferences. Maybe you like the chat. It keeps you involved and you pick up tells from others chat. Great, leave it on. But if you find yourself in anyway distracted, turn it off. Many sites also let you turn individual player's chat off.
10. Avoid the Auto Functions- If you sometimes use the auto buttons to "Raise Any Hand" when you're strong or "Call Any Hand" when you have a good draw, good observant players will pick up a tell on you. Best practice is to always wait for your turn and try to take the same amount of time to make your play.
There you have ten tips to help your online poker play. Some take a bit of effort. Some just require a one time adjustment of your options. All are pretty simple. But I believe if you follow them, it will help your online game.
Chip Westley regularly posts tips for improving your online poker play at Home run poker, http://www.homerunpoker.blogspot.com/. For More tips, check it out.
Flanery: Lack of casino gambling could be 'death by a thousand cuts' for ... - Louisville Business First
5 Tips for Finding the Best Poker Websites
There has been an enormous growth in poker websites in the last couple of years and there are now literally hundreds of them to play at. But how do you select a good poker site?Here are 5 factors that you should consider when making your choice of where to play poker online.
Poker Face in Cyberspace
His palms are sweaty and his heart is racing, but he smiles when he sees his cards."I can't lose this one", he says, with a big grin on his face.
Roulette System: Illegal Tactics Casino Use Against You
Roulette System: "The Almost Illegal Tactic Casinos Use Against You So They Win"This article is going to show you an evil tactic the casino and Las Vegas employsso you lose more and win less. Let's face it,you go to have some fun and win money.
2005 World Series of Poker
The 2005 World Series of Poker event is scheduled to begin June 2, 2005 in Las Vegas and an estimated 5,000 players are expected to participate in the $10,000 buy-in, no-limit Texas hold 'em main event. The event will be held at the Rio Hotel and Casino from June 3rd to July 15th, with the last two days taking place at Jack Binnions Horseshoe Casino in Las Vegas.
The Slot Machine
The very first slot machine (called 'Liberty Bell') was created by a man called Charles Fay from his workshop in San Francisco in 1887. Slightly smaller than today's average slot machines, Liberty Bell contained 3 reels and 20 symbols and operated pretty much in the same way as today's slot machines.
Video Poker Variations
Unlike many other more "social" casino games, video poker is more of a solo game. There are quite a few varieties of online video poker games that the VegasUSA online casino offers, such as Jacks or Better, Aces & Faces, Deuces Wild and Double Joker.
The Adventure for Poker Gold
From the drama TILT made by ESPN to the deal Chris Moneymaker signed with Death Row Records to create Moneymaker Gaming, business continues to create strange bedfellows. Everyone seems to be trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the poker rainbow.
Alternate Payment Methods Made Easy
Credit cards may be the easier way to purchase casino credits online but they are not always the most convenient or the fastest way to get casino credits when playing online. Alternative payment methods are an easy and efficient way to fill up your account and they are safe and secure to use too.
When Should You Hang Up Your Betting Boots for the Day?
Quit as soon as you are in front for the day?Set a stop loss and quit betting for the day if you reach that point?Set a profit target and quit as soon as you reach that goal?If your first few bets lose, then you should quit because you luck isn't with you today?If you win your first few bets then you should quit because you have already used your luck for the day and from now on you must have bad luck? Sound familiar? I am sure you have heard them all before. Self confessed gambling experts usually will advocate one of the above, or a slight variation of one of the above.
Ten Easy Tips For Improving Your Online Poker Game
When you play poker online, you have options available that you don't have at the card room or at your regular home game. Taking advantage of these extra options can improve your online poker results.
Understanding Online Casino Bonuses
Are you puzzled by the workings of online Casino bonuses, with those pulsating dollar signs and offers of free cash? Let's see if we can demystify the situation.Different rules apply to different casino bonuses - know these rules and avoid disappointment.
YOUR Advantage With Online Poker Table Notes
The importance of taking notes on your opponents can't be stressed enough. The more you play, the more you value the information that you have collected on each player at your table.
Rules and Strategies for Roulette
Roulette offers the greatest variety of possible ways you can wager. If you've never tried it, the game is easy to learn and we'll show you strategies that will help make you a winner.
Tips On How To Gamble
How would you like to have your name on a check worth thousands of dollars? Actually, it's not as difficult as you may think. It requires some time and effort on your part; however, the rewards far outweigh the effort that may you put in.
Gambling Addiction Basics
The coming age has brought with it numerous new pathological addictions, one of them being addiction to gambling. Pathological gambling was conferred with the status of a disease by the American Psychiatric Association back in 1980s.
Why All the Excitement Over Poker?
Poker's new upsurge in popularity in is due to televisedshowings of championship poker tournaments, such as The WorldPoker Tour and The World Series of Poker. This has resulted inmillions of people all over the world playing either online orat land based casinos.
Lotto System: Interview With The Creator Of Lotto System That ROCK The Market!!!
Lotto System: How you can win lotto easily and automaticallyIn this article, we will discuss on "A personal interview with theHonest Lotto System's creator, Ken Silver."Q: Hi Ken, thanks for joining us in this interview.
Poker Revenue Basics
Poker is one of the most famous card games across the world. Having its origin from the working class of America it has now become a part of the American culture.
Shorthanded Poker, an Untapped Gold Mine
Feuled by seemingly nonstop television coverage and internet access in nearly every house, internet Texas Hold 'em is exploding. There are dozens of online poker rooms, with over 75,000 players often playing at the most popular site, Party Poker.
Online Gaming In Your Face?
Whether it is on the street or online, one cannot escape the force that has become the state of Internet gambling. You cannot hide from it because it is crossing international borders as easily as George W.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.