By Jaime Alfredo Gomez, notifight.com
WBA junior middleweight champion Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez has big plans on his mind. The 20-year-old boxer is training for the first defense of his title, scheduled for June 18 in Guadalajara against British boxer Ryan Rhodes at the VFG Arena.
As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Alvarez would like to face Mexican rival Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in September or December. Chavez goes for the WBC middleweight title on June 4 against champion Sebastian Zbik.
"I hope that he wins in June and then he and I could fight in September or December. I told my company to arrange this meeting. I know Chávez, there is no grudge, however it bothers me that there is not a lot of discussion [to do the fight]. I'd like give this fight to the people, and we must do it. Nothing else would have to be negotiated other than the weight for the fight," Alvarez said.
Alvarez is still thinking about Pacquiao in the near future.
"Of course I would like to avenge the Mexican defeats by taking such a challenge, but it would have to be in 2012. I would also like fights with Miguel Coto, Shane Mosley and other great fighters," Alvarez said.Tags: Manny Pacquiao , Saul Alvarez , Miguel Cotto , Shane Mosley