Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Caballero Frustrated, Claims No Garcia Contract Sent

By Ryan Burton

Earlier today international promoter and matchmaker Sampson Lewkowicz tweeted that #1 rated challenger Miguel "Mikey" Garcia (28-0) has signed his contract to face WBA featherweight champion Celestino Caballero (36-4).  The fight is scheduled to take place on July 28th at the Fantasy Springs Casino in Indio, Calfornia.  According to the tweet, Caballero's signature is the only piece missing in order to finalize the fight that will be televised by Telefutura.

BoxingScene.com had previously reported that Caballero had also agreed to the fight and that the Panamanian was just waiting on a contract.  I spoke to Caballero earlier this evening to get an update on the fight. Pelenchin said that nothing has changed and that he still wants the fight but that he still hasn't received a contract.

"I have been training hard at Floyd's (Mayweather) gym.  I am ready to fight but I still haven't received a contract.  I have been waiting for days (for the contract) but no one has sent me anything," Caballero told BoxingScene.com

Caballero finished our conversation by reiterating that he has no problem facing Garcia and that he just wants wants to fight. 

"Please let the fans know that I am getting ready for the fight but no one has brought me a contract.  I am my own manager so there is no one else for them to send it (the contract) to.  They just need to send me the contract."

Send questions or comments to [email protected] Follow Ryan on Twitter @ringsidewriter and tune in to The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio on Tuesdays. The show is hosted by Ernie Gabion, Luis Sandoval and Ryan Burton

User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by 4Corners on 05-24-2012

Can't believe SHO won't be doing this fight. They should have just moved this to a week later. So that week we could see Guerrero-Aydin and the week after we could have Caballero-Garcia.

Comment by newcastleking on 05-24-2012

Mikey signed that **** he isnt ducking Caballero.

Comment by Panabox on 05-24-2012

Didn´t Caballero said that he was handled by Mayweather? now why he is saying that he is independent?

Comment by Mars Volta on 05-24-2012

[QUOTE=Rikanlynx86;12164025]Is somebody ducking Caba?[/QUOTE] Mikey Signed the contract

Comment by Rikanlynx86 on 05-24-2012

Is somebody ducking Caba?

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (5)
Top Headlines De La Hoya: Canelo Beating Chavez Jr. Will Not Satisfy The Critics Cedric Vitu Retains EBU Title, Decisions Isaac Real in Levallois Horn Warns Pacquiao, Top Rank Not To Look Beyond April Fight Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing WBA Champ Ortiz Wins Decision Over Ramos in Mexico City Robert Garcia: Canelo Has A lot More To Lose in Chavez Jr. Bout Hairon Socarras Training Hard in Miami For February 3 Return Zab Judah Returns, Blasts Out Munguia in Two Rounds Jose Pedraza Confident That He Will Return Strong at Lightweight Javier Fortuna Ready - Targets Sosa, Corrales, Lomachenko Alvarez vs. Chavez Rematch is Being Planned For March 11 Miguel Cotto: Juan Manuel Marquez Fight is Very Viable Bradley Pryce Announces Retirement After Defeat Robbie Davies Jr. Crushes Zoltan Szabo, Retains WBA Regional Patrick Nielsen, Dina Thorslund Win Decisions, Khattab Shocked Bellew: 'Ego Maniac' David Haye Better Hope He Ends Me in Four Beterbiev: Barrera Proved To Be a Real Fighter, He Agreed To Fight Luis Cruz Admits He Was Close To Retirement Before Easter Shot Mundine: When I Beat Danny Green - Call Me Black Houdini! Frank Warren: Liam Walsh Ready, He Can Beat Gervonta Davis! Frampton Expects Another Fan Friendly Fight Against Santa Cruz Curtis Stevens Sure Hand Injury Fully Healed for Lemieux Fight Garcia, 2-1 Underdog vs. Thurman: 'I Guess Vegas Don’t Like Me' Frank Warren on The James DeGale vs. Badou Jack Outcome Early Results Are In: BoxingScene Ratings Update Linares vs. Crolla II Card - Tomi Tatham To Face Liam Conroy Lewis Crocker To Make Pro Debut on February 18th in Belfast Horn: Pacquiao Has Been Knocked Out Before, I Have The Power! Brook Frustrated By Khan, Admits a Lack of Motivation for Spence Conlan Expects Army of Irish Fans To Hit NY For Pro Debut Card Ricardo Mayorga Was Motivated By His Family To Resume Career De La Hoya: Chavez Will Not Be Easy For Canelo, It's a Big Concern Danny Roman Stops Adam Lopez in Ninth To Win WBA Eliminator De La Hoya: Donald Trump Refused To Come To Canelo's Fight Wilder Hopes The WBC Comes Down on Alexander Povetkin Stevenson Wants to Face Smith in NY; 4/29 Negotiations Ongoing Errol Spence Stays Ready in The Gym as IBF Scenario Plays Out WBC Reacts To Behavior, Controversial Comments By Angel Garcia Sullivan Barrera Accepts Artur Beterbiev IBF Eliminator WBA President Gives Status on Heavyweights, PED Testing, More
Advertisement
Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement