|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
The Amazing Benefits of Resistance Training
When it comes to exercise, resistance training is often overlooked. Resistance training is an essential part of any fitness program and has many amazing benefits. Taking part in a sound resistance training program will improve the conditioning of muscle tissue and increase metabolism. Metabolism can be defined as the amount of calories the body needs each day to sustain life. An improvement in muscle conditioning and metabolism will result in the reduction of body fat and give the body healthy lean appearance.
What is resistance training?
Resistance training is a form of exercise that challenges the muscles of the body by applying resistance to a movement. Methods of resistance training include using one's own body weight, stretch bands, free-weights, machine weights, medicine balls and anything else that will apply resistance to movement.
Who can benefit from resistance training?
People of all ages can benefit from resistance training. From teenagers to seniors the benefits of resistance training are unmatched by any other form of exercise. When starting any fitness program it is recommended that you seek the knowledge of a certified fitness profession.
Why should one apply resistance training to their fitness program?
Aside from improved muscle conditioning and an enhanced metabolism, resistance training has number of other great benefits.
Additional benefits of resistance training include:
* Enhances physical appearance/Increases lean muscle/Decreases body fat
Some closing tips to apply to your resistance training program:
1. Perform a 3-5 minute warm up on a piece of cardiovascular equipment before beginning you resistance training routine. This will help you avoid injury and improve the quality of your workout.
2. Stretch before (after warm up) and after your resistance training program. This also will help you avoid injury and improve the quality of your workout.
3. Perform your resistance workout before performing your aerobic workout. This will maximize the benefits of both your resistance and aerobic training workouts.
4. Perform each set of resistance training to the point of momentary muscular failure while maintaining proper form. This will maximize muscular conditioning.
5. Exercise large muscle groups before small muscle groups. (i.e. Chest before Triceps)
For additional information about this article and articles similar to this please visit http://www.lakenormanfitness.com or you can e-mail me at email@example.com
Craig LePage, CSCS, NASM-CPT
Craig is a well-known Fitness Professional in the Charlotte, North Carolina area and is the Director of Precision Fitness Mooresville. He has been helping people reach their fitness and wellness goals for more than 12 years. His credentials include a Bachelors of Science Degree from the University of Bridgeport Connecticut, CSCS credentials from the NSCA and a Personal Training Certification from the NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine). Craig has written for Charlotte, NC area Newspapers, authored his own fitness & nutrition program and is a frequent guest on a Charlotte area radio show that focus' on health and wellness. He has recently co-authoring a golf specific exercise book (Play Better, Longer - Golf) and is also working on a book of his own that should be available sometime next year.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Build-Muscle&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/build-muscle/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input