By Ryan Burton
After a seven month layoff, Bryant Jennings (17-0) returned to the ring with a bang, stopping Andrey Fedosov (24-3) in 6 rounds in their June 14th NBC Sports televised showdown. Jennings was please with his performance but admitted that he still has room for improvement.
"I gave that performance a B+ for the simple fact that it was a very strategic performance and I didn't look at any tape on him so I pretty much just felt everything out while I was in there. I did what I wanted to do. I did what I was supposed to do to, win, but I could have tightened it up a little bit more. I could have used my footwork a little bit more," Jennings explained.
The 28-year-old heavyweight contender had a busy 2012, fighting a total of 5 times. The Fedosov fight marked the first fight of the year for Jennings who said that he would prefer to a higher level of activity.
"A lot of these guys, they fear a lot. When you get to the top a lot of guys are picking and choosing, they're running and ducking. They are coming up with ways to not fight certain guys by paying a certain amount of money you know? Just running and ducking. I was used to that pace I had last year and I wish to get it back," Jennings revealed.
As of last Friday Jennings didn't have a time table for when he will be back in action, saying only that he hopes his return is sooner rather than later.
"I don't when I will be back yet. I am trying to get back real soon," Jennings told BoxingScene.com.
Send questions or comments to [email protected] Follow Ryan on Twitter @ringsidewriter and tune in to BoxingScene Radio, BoxingScene's official audio on Tuesdays from 6-8PM PST. The show is hosted by Ernie Gabion, Luis Sandoval and Ryan Burton