Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
British Boxing News: Conquest, Rendall Munroe, More - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  3/26/2014       Read more by Random Hits         
   
British Boxing News: Conquest, Rendall Munroe, More
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

West Ham United fans Tony Conquest and Mitchell Smith head to the Boleyn Ground tonight for the Hammers’ Premier League clash against Hull.

Conquest, the Commonwealth Cruiserweight Champion and Smith, the Southern Area Super-Featherweight Champion, will be announced to the crowd pre-match and get involved in half-time activities.

The pair both feature in big title action at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday 12th April when Conquest defends his title for the first time and Smith steps up for the Vacant English title when he challenges Peter Cope, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/HD 490 and Virgin Ch. 546).

Romford star Conquest is honored to be asked to go on the pitch.  He said, “It’s unbelievable that West Ham have asked me to come along to the match to be introduced to the crowd.  When I was a kid into football it was my dream to play for them and come out onto the pitch, but I was never ever going to be good enough to be a pro footballer.  Luckily I’m better with my fists so through boxing I have made it onto the pitch, so in a way I’ve achieved my dream!”

Mitchell, who also holds the Southern Area title, said, “I’m at the ground week-in-week-out watching the team so it’s a real honor to be announced to the crowd and show off my Southern Area belt.  I hope to come back with the English title next time, I’m confident of beating Cope to win it, but my dream would be to bring the British title here.”

The Power Of London show on Saturday 12th April features Mitchell Smith challenging for the Vacant English Super-Featherweight title against Peter Cope, Commonwealth Cruiserweight Champion Tony Conquest makes the first defence of his title, WBO European Super-Middleweight Frank Buglioni defends his title against Sergey Khomitsky, WBA Intercontinental Welterweight Champion Bradley Skeete defends his title against Giuseppe Loriga and Lewis Pettitt challenges for the Vacant WBA International Super-Bantamweight Title Challenger.  An action-packed undercard features Chris Eubank Jnr., Eddie Chambers, Hughie Fury, Gary Corcoran, Tom Baker, Georgie Kean and the pro-debut of Simon Barclay.

Tickets for The Power Of London, priced from £40, are available from Eventim on 0844 249 1000 or www.eventim.co.uk
 
MUNROE TO COME BACK WITH A BANG IN BLACKPOOL

RENDALL MUNROE knows he needs to put on a polished performance in Blackpool this weekend in order to keep his name in title contention.

The Leicester featherweight was controversially stopped by British and European champion Lee Selby last month and feels a devastating performance is required to get his career back on track.

A big fight has been mooted for the popular 33-year-old, but that could go out of the window if he fails to impress against Dewsbury's tricky Youssef  Al Hamidi at the Winter Gardens on Saturday night.

"I've got to show I've still got it and get myself ready for my next fight," Munroe said.

"I was skanked against Selby. It was never a stoppage and now I've got to prove to everyone that 'Two Tone' still has a lot to offer.

"I've sparred with Al Hamidi and he's a tough guy, but I think I've got too much for this level and should win well before moving on."

Munroe, who after many years on the bins now works with disadvantaged youths in his home city, briefly hung up his gloves following a November 2012 setback to Scott Quigg.

But he says the fire in his belly is burning brightly once again and he still believes he can get to the very top of the sport.

"I know I'm good enough to be a world champion and that's still the goal," he stated.

"You look at the likes of Kiko Martinez and Victor Terrazas, they've been world champions and I beat them. I sparred Jamie McDonnell and Stuey Hall before they won their world titles as well, so I tick all the boxes."

Saturday's bill is headlined by Matty Askin's English cruiserweight title defence against Menay Edwards and includes a full undercard, featuring Rick Skelton, Daniel Watson, James Metcalf, Qasim Niaz, Dempsey Fury, Adam Machaj, Ian Halsall, Ashley Peyton, Louis Cuddy, Mick Hall, Craig Boardman and Adam Little.

Tickets are priced at £30 (General Admission) and £60 (Ringside). They can be purchased from 07885 978597 and 01253 625252 or online at www.VIPBE.co.uk

Surrey light welterweight Danny ‘Cassius’ Connor is getting stuck into quality sparring sessions with the help of previous opponent Tyler Goodjohn in preparation for his British Masters International Gold title bid.

Connor stated on Facebook earlier, “First proper spar back today with my old foe and friend Tornado Tyler Goodjohn who’s looking good to go for his English title shot, gonna be one hell of a good fight, nice to be feeling the heat of sparring again!”

Former Southern Area light welterweight champion, 28 year old Connor (10-8-1) will fight for the vacant British Masters International Gold title against an, as yet, unnamed opponent on Sunday 27th April. The opponent will most likely be coming from overseas.

This will be the Surrey boxer’s first fight of the year, and the former British Masters and Southern Area champ is excited at the prospect of starting the year with a title shot, “Can’t wait! This is my time, I’m coming back with a bang! And I guarantee I’ll be a champion again this year.”

Along with sparring Goodjohn, Connor has also tackled latest Prizefighter entrants Johnny Coyle and Dean Byrne as well as stable-mates Eren Arif, Frankie Monkhouse and British Masters Bronze champion Francis Maina.

Conner commented, “The whole camp has been hard, me and Alec have been working on new stuff and things that needed improving, been doing loads of quality rounds with top fighters like Tyler Goodjohn and Francis Maina who both own Masters titles and come April, people are gonna see a slick, focused killer in that ring.”

The packed undercard features light welterweight South Londoner Eren Arif (5-1-0) competing in his second six rounder, former English middleweight champion Kreshnik Qato (30-8-0), 20 year old hot prospect Matt McCarthy (8-0-0) from Essex, Londoner Francis Maina (3-3-1), unbeaten 23 year old welterweight Adam Salman (2-0-0), newcomer Tommy Williams (1-0-0), 21 year old super featherweight Jack Dishart (3-0-1), Essex new boy Brett Saggs (1-0-0), 21 year old super middleweight southpaw Lerrone Richards (3-0-0) and debutants Alfie Little, Zeki Hussein and Ricky Leach.

Tags: Rendall Munroe , Tony Conquest



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Blackwell Aims To Pound Khomits...
  Dusty Harrison is Set To Return...
  Pascal-George Clash Set, Multi-...
  News: Kentikian-Fujioka; Langfo...
  Liam Smith Willing To Face K9 B...
  Kevin Satchell Training Hard, B...
  Lloyd Ellett-Gergo Vari Clash i...
  Karim Mayfield Will Be Back in ...
  Darleys Perez Eyes World Title ...
  Coldwell: Cleverly Won't Handle...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.