Brandon ‘Dynamite’ Spain is no slouch when it comes to combat sports, his father Leon Spain is a well recognised Muay Thai trainer in Toowoomba and his son is swiftly following in his footsteps. The boy that is more readily known as ‘Dynamite’ has had a huge 2012, fighting on undercards featuring World Champion, Les Sherrington, World top 20 contender, Jack Asis and Hot prospect Brayd Smith. With his all action style he is definitely becoming a fan favourite, “I’m just happy Smithy has given me so many chances to fight alongside my idols. I love fighting on these massive promotions, it lights the fuse to the dynamite.”
Meanwhile, ‘Dynamite’ will certainly have his work cut out for him on Friday night, he faces the tough and ever so eager, Shaun Parry. Parry, who also has boxing in his blood, with his father and grandfather being well known boxers and now his big brother as a promising professional fighter. “I’m looking forward to the fight with Brandon Spain, I’ve heard a lot about him, and no doubt we will put a show on for the fans.”
This fight will be part of a 9 professional fight card on October 19 which includes:
• Featherweight - Jack Asis vs Maxsaisai Sithsaithong
• Featherweight - Brayd Smith vs Phissanuthep Chaiyonggym
• Heavyweight - Josh Robertson vs Phil Armstrong
• Junior welterweight - Jezze Carrasco vs Kyle Teer
• Super featherweight - Will Young vs Matt Sedan
• Welterweight - Chris George vs Luke Howlett
• Cruiserweight - Josh Webb vs Brett Peters
• Kaleb Barham v Loz Jocumsen (Corporate)
• Brandon Spain v Shaun Parry (Corporate)
“Smithy Brings the big fights 2” will take place on October 19 at Rumours international in Toowoomba.
Tickets are $75 for ringside and $45 for general and are selling fast at Smithy’s Gym and the Hotel Norville in Toowoomba. Don’t forget the pre fight drinks and after fight party at the Hotel Norville.