By Mark Vester
WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has denied a circulating rumor that he is scheduled to face WBO 147-pound champion Manny Pacquiao in November. The rumor originated on Amir Khan's official Facebook page, where it was posted that Bradley was going to sign with Top Rank and fight Pacquiao in November. Bradley has so far refused to accept an offer of $1.3 million to face Khan on July 23, and is likely waiting for his promotional contract with Gary Shaw to expire. The contract expires at the end of June.
“I haven't heard anything like that, but if it's true, hey, hey, hey,” Bradley said laughing to The Desert Sun. "It's not true, but I wish it was true. I told my promoters what I wanted, and they have to deliver. It has nothing to do with Khan.”
Bradley is guaranteed to make $1.2 million for his next HBO appearance, against any approvable opponent, so an offer of $1.3 for Khan is not enticing enough.