Tony Bellew has vowed to knock Nathan Cleverly out on Saturday night's show at the O2 Arena in London. Bellew, 28, will challenge for Cleverly's WBO world light-heavyweight title after German Juergen Braehmer was stripped of the title and the Welshman installed as the new champion.
Following Wednesday's events when Braehmer pulled out of his fight against Cleverly after claiming to have suffered a cut eye in training, promoter Frank Warren has been searching for a new opponent.
'Bomber' Bellew (15-0 10KOs), the current Commonwealth Champion, registered his interest straight away by posting on social-networking sites that he wanted the fight against Cleverly.
A showdown between the two fighters has been building up in the last few years with both men eager to get it on and it now promises to be an explosive clash between two unbeaten big hitters.
Cleverly said: "I'm really happy that Bellew will be in the opposite corner on Saturday night. Not only will he feel my anger from Braehmer pulling out, but he'll now pay for slagging me off in the last year.
"I knew we would get it on one day and that day has come a lot sooner than expected, but I'm ready for Bellew and he's going to get knocked-out."
Bellew, who was in training for a rematch against Ovill McKenzie, said: "I'm coming down to London to fight and believe when I say I'm going to knock Cleverly out cold.
"I wouldn't have put myself forward if I didn't think I could beat him. Two months notice or two day's notice, I know I can beat Cleverly - I always have. For the fans, I can promise them the best fight they will see in the last 10 years."
Warren added: "The fight between Nathan and Tony has been brewing up in the last year and it's happened sooner than expected, but I'm delighted that the fight is on and the fans are in for a real treat on Saturday night. I'm expecting fireworks in the ring."