Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Arum: Pacquiao Won't Make Concessions, Quotes Are Fake - Boxing News
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Follow BoxingScene
 
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
• Register A Free Account
• Account Login
• Boxing Schedule
• Boxing Champions
• Boxing Downloads
• Boxing Forums
• Boxing News Wire
• Boxing Photos
• Boxing History
• Boxer Search
• Fantasy Betting
• Feedback
• Fitness and Health  
• Free Homepage
• Mixed Martial Arts
• Pound For Pound
• Upcoming Fight Archive
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  5/4/2010       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
Arum: Pacquiao Won't Make Concessions, Quotes Are Fake
Share Click Here To Email Printable version Search BoxingScene Database 

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum tells BoxingScene.com that pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao will not make any concessions in order to ensure that a mega-buck fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. takes place. He branded numerous internet reports claiming Pacquiao agreed to a 14-day cut-off on the drug testing as “totally false.”

Arum made it clear that both he and Pacquiao are standing firm on a 24-day cut-off period for the random blood tests and the previously agreed upon 50-50 split on the money. Arum told us “all I’m saying, right now we are holding to our position.”

Discussing the Mayweather-Mosley fight Arum said “Mosley really got old and slow and offered no opposition. If Manny had hurt Floyd the way Mosley did in the second round he wouldn’t have stopped till he took him out.”

He said Mosley “had no energy, had no rhythm, had no speed and his trainer (Naazim) Richardson was telling him what to do and he couldn’t do it.”

Arum said that should a Mayweather fight not materialize, Pacquiao has several options. The first would be a possible fight against former champion Antonio Margarito who takes on Roberto Garcia in Margarito’s first fight after a one year layoff due to a suspension slapped on him by the California State Athletic Commission over the use of padding in his hand-wraps before his fight against Mosley last January. 

Arum also raised the possibility of a rematch with Miguel Cotto from whom Pacquiao won the WBO welterweight title with a 12th round TKO last November.

Arum told BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports “if Cotto beats Yuri Foreman, Manny may want to fight Cotto at 150 pounds for the junior middleweight title in a rematch.”  Arum added, “that fight is sellable because Cotto has Emanuel Steward training him etc.”

Arum is arriving in Manila early Thursday morning and will take a connecting flight to General Santos City where he will stay until Tuesday, May 11 which is one day after the Philippine presidential elections in which Pacquiao is running for the lone congressional seat in Sarangani against Roy Chiongbian of the wealthy and politically entrenched Chiongian dynasty.

In the meantime Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission disclosed that both Mayweather and Mosley had “at least 5 urine tests tests each for Mayweather and Mosley and at least 5 blood tests for Mayweather and 6 blood tests for Mosley.”

Kizer was unable to confirm the claim by Pacquiao’s conditioning expert Alex Ariza that the US Anti Doping Agency subjected Mosley to a blood test one day before he arrived in Las Vegas on fight week. However, Kizer said Mosley’s first test was on March 23 and Mayweather’s on March 22.

Following a report that said the blood tests cost $20,000  Kizer said he didn’t know how much the tests cost and who paid for them. At the same time he said with the random blood test issue being raised, the NSAC “always revisit our drug testing policies and have made several changes thereto over the years.  I do not know what changes the Commission may make in the future.”



 

 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

comment by ThunderWolf, on 01-14-2012
Article was 2 years old.

comment by TP6 U Snitch, on 01-14-2012
" Arum and hypejob never had intentions of fighting Floyd Joy, ****in bastards" The Truck

comment by letsgobrady, on 05-21-2011
the funniest thing about this article is how washed up arum made shane out to be yet a year later he's talkin about how much of a threat shane is

comment by Eastbay Giant, on 05-21-2011
[QUOTE=skillswin]he agreed to fight JMM cotto again margarito again zah judah chavez jr jajajaja give me the link when he say (i will take the random ""RANDOM"" drug test" where is that link???[/QUOTE] They don't want it with Mayweather. Never have, never will...

comment by skillswin, on 05-21-2011
he agreed to fight JMM cotto again margarito again zah judah chavez jr jajajaja give me the link when he say (i will take the random ""RANDOM"" drug test" where is that link???

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (373) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Prichard Colon Added To Vegas C...
  Roy Jones Jr. Battles Hani Atiy...
  Chavez-Alvarez Will Get Pushed ...
  Salgado Hopes Win Over Aoh Will...
  Marquez: Maidana More Dangerous...
  Badou Jack: I Wont Make The Sam...
  Robbie Berridge Aims To Bounce ...
  Roach: Floyd Mayweather's Legs ...
  Shane Cameron To Face Kali Meeh...
  Photo: Dawson's Badly Injured C...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.