By Charlotte Ikonen, courtesy of The Daily Star
Former world champion Amir Khan (31-4, 19 KOs) has laid out his plans for retirement following Saturday's big fight. The 30-year-old made the shock revelation speaking as a pundit after the Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin bout at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Khan told viewers he is eyeing another world title before hanging up the gloves.
“I want to win another world title then call it a day,” Khan toldBoxNation. “I’ve got two more years left in me.”
Khan is a former unified light-welterweight world champion, from 2009 to 2012 – having held the WBA and the IBF title.
As an amateur, Khan won a silver medal in the lightweight division at the Olympics in 2004. He turned professional in 2005 and has since won 31 flights.
But the two-time world champ has not fought since he was sensationally knocked out by Canelo Alvarez in Las Vegas last year.
The Bolton boxer has had a turbulent couple of months after a public breakup with his pregnant wife Faryal.
The world has had a ringside seat to the sour row which has seen both parties air their dirty laundry in public.
The couple, who are parents to two-year-old daughter Lamaisah, have both thrown accusations at each other over Twitter.
In a Snapchat video posted earlier this month, he said: “So me and Faryal are not together. I have filed for a divorce.”
Earlier this month he said: “Mid August I'm off to San Francisco to start my training. Putting everything behind me and moving forward. Get back on top with big fights.”
The boxer had been linked with a super fight return against Manny Pacquiao. However the iconic Filipino fighter's proposed rematch with Jeff Horn makes this less likely.
Khan has also touted an all-British fight with long-time rival and former IBF welterweight king Kell Brook - if Brook parts ways with promoter Eddie Hearn.