Airich: Glazkov Is a Nice Kid, I Will Test Him with Bombs
By Inna “Basya” Lagun (Allboxing.ru) and Alexey Sukachev
One of the most intriguing fights during the upcoming WBC event in Moscow, Russia, which is set to take place on Saturday at Olimpiyskiy Sports Arena and will be headlined by Vitali Klitschko and Manuel Charr, is a clash for a vacant WBC Baltic Silver heavyweight title between Konstantin Airich (23-6-2, 17 KOs) from Germany and Vyacheslav Glazkov (12-0, 9 KOs) of Ukraine. Drop out a meaningless belt – the fight itself can be a thriller. Airich has never been in a dull fight and still is capable to produce some upset as was the case in his battle with Ondrey Pala, while Glazkov, 2008 Beijing Olympics bronze medalist, is still unproven as a pro.
A week ago Airich sat down with Allboxing’s German resident Inna Lagun to answer her questions about the upcoming fight.
- Kostya, several days ago Arena Boxing’s CEO informed us that your fight with Glazkov is just a rumor and that you have a scheduled date with rising Turk heavyweight Erkan Teper on Sep. 14. Is this true? Whom will you fight in September?
- Everything is under control. I’m going to fight Glazkov in Moscow. I don’t care a bit what Arena is saying – they still owe me some money for the Solis fight.
- What can you say about Vyacheslav Glazkov?
- He is a nice kid and a serious opponent. One, who is very tough to fight against, but I’ll fight through. You know I can. He’s got some pop in his hands, his left hand – the best weapon he has – can be dangerous.
- Your tactics for the upcoming fight…
- I’ve got some strength too – a huge punch for example. I’ll throw some bombs and we shall what this kid is made of.
- Who trains you now?
- I’m working mostly on my own, but – man! – What a camp I had this time! I was in Austria, sparred with Vitali, and had an extremely useful preparation, no disadvantages at all. Fighting Klitschko in camp is very serious, but thanks to my rock-solid chin I can walk through this damage (smiles). I’m fully ready for Glazkov at this point.
I want to see what Glazkov is all about.Comment by Freedom. on 09-07-2012
I'm looking forward to this one. If Glazkov wins, he'll likely be ranked by the WBC.Post a Comment - View More User Comments (2)